Match 13: TFP Arcee vs TFA Prowl!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Black Oracle, May 31, 2011.

?

Prime Arcee or Animated Prowl?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2011.
  1. TFP Arcee, "This ends here, 'cons!"

43 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. TFA Prowl, "Stillness...then [I]strike[/I]."

44 vote(s)
    50.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Round 13 of the Prime vs. Animated match-ups is:

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

TFP Arcee vs TFA Prowl!

Sceanrio: Whilst driving back toward Autobot base, Arcee notices a black and gold motorcycle with a police officer rider tailing her. She speeds up and outruns him. But just when she believes that she has lost her pursuer, she is struck on the side by unknown objects. Arcee transforms to see a pair of gold discs returning to the hands of a sleek black and gold bot perched on a rock ridge above her: TFA Prowl! Prowl leaps down and takes a fighting stance before Arcee. Arcee responds in kind. They are still for a moment, watching each other intently. Then suddenly, they leap into action. Punches are thrown and evaded, kicks are launched and blocked.

Which of the motorcycle martial artists emerges victorious? The stealthy cyber-ninja or Prime's toughest female warrior?

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Oh man, why do you have to make me choose between these two awesome characters?! >.<

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    A draw, I think. They're both relatively honorable, they both are kickass fighters, they both have deep emotional scars, and they're roughly the same size (Both wildly size changing motorcycles).

I think Arcee would win, since she DEFINETLY is more bloodthirsty and vengeful then Prowl. On the occasion Prowl was as ruthless as Arcee in A Fistful of Energon, he was horrified to see the damage he'd done. Therefore, Arcee would be more willing to take out this "foe" and only Prowl would be able to recognize her inner turmoil - but it'd take a while, I think, to calm Arcee down. Also, in a fight Arcee would probably wear herself out with her blitzkrieg attacks - Prowl is all stillness then strike. Prowl would probably say somethin like, "A warrior who battles out of hate is a warrior who never wins."

But I'd be rooting for Prowl all the way. Any 'Bot who will sacrifice his Spark to save the Autobots, All of Detroit, and even to some extent Cybertron itself by recreating the AllSpark, will have my vote over anyone, even a dramatic, deep character like Arcee.

4. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    Decisions decisions. :wink: 

I'm gonna need some time to think about this as well.

5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My vote: Prowl

Um. . . because. . . hm . . . I don't know. This would actually be a really close fight. The emphasis on his constant, lifelong training as a ninja makes me think he would have the edge, though Arcee is no slouch either. Ninja or no, she's an extremely dangerous fighter and Prowl would be making a critical mistake if he thought a few well placed hits would take her out. I think that if these two sparred more than once, their average rate of victory would be 50/50. They really seem evenly matched.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Depends: Does Prowl have the Samurai sidecar armor?

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    For once, its "close" match. I lean towards a tie, as there isn't anything definitive in feats to say one is better.

It WILL boil down to close range combat, as Prowl doesn't have long range weapons (ninja stars are relatively short ranged compared to lasers), but Arcee haven't shown aiming ability to hit Prowl.

Hence, it will be TFP Arcee Melee ability vs. Prowl's. Both rely on agility, and neither has shown to be stronger than the other with that respect.

8. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    I suppose Prowl does have one major skill that Arcee doesn't: processor-over-matter. But Arcee ain't gonna let him sit still long enough to channel it. Hmm...

Personality-wise, I think Arcee's got more aggression and determination which powers her when she fights. Prowl is more like a pool of water: calm and still until its surface is broken. Arcee will be probably more likely to take offensive initiative. Prowl's more a reactionary, defensive fighter; he'll respond appropriately when attacked. Arcee's a soldier; Prowl's a ninja. But where Prowl started out as a poor team player, Arcee seems to care intensely for her team mates, though both seem to be natural 'lone wolf' types.

You know this might just boil down to who I like better, which would probably be Arcee.

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is a real tough one. Can't really decide, to be honest.

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Pretty much.
    Buuut I'll go with Arcee 'cause I like her better [I still find Prowl pretty awesome, though].

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't decide on normal terms, so I'll just go on which design i like better.

Sorry Prowl, but your banana chin puts me off. You're cool with the helmet tho!

12. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Hmm, tough choice, but I'm going with Arcee. Prowl needs time to concentrate with the whole processor over matter thing, while Arcee is good at quickly jumping in and attacking. She would have the advantage because her initiative modifier is higher. :dunce 

The samurai armor probably would make a difference, though.

13. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I LOVE Arcee, but how she's is kicking TFA Prowl's @$$ is beyond me. TFA Prowl is awesome...

14. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    While I'm obsessivly in love with TFP Arcee, TFA Prowl is going to be hands-down be the winner here.

He's a master ninja and can create holographic duplicates of himself (that even a trained optic couldn't tell was a fake) and move things with his mind, not to mention...he can fly.

TFP arcee maybe battle hardened, but prowl can always keep his cool in a fight no matter how intense the situation. Arcee fights with emotion.

Both can also get a bit over zealous and cocky in a fight.

If Prowl has his upgrades and ratchet's EMP generator. ARCEE is easily toast, he won't need to use Prosessor-over-matter.

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Arcee, mostly because she┬┤s more armed (twin blades and blasters) as oposed to Prowl whose shurikens have limited range and lower rate of fire.

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Chopperface, I couldn't have said it better!! :thumb 

I would only add that Prowl's willingness to sacrifice his spark for the benefit of all forever endeared this character to me. Arcee is more selfish, she wouldn't allow the cortical patch to save even Optimus. Prowl is the ultimate Autobot--he did everything it took to help his team and humanity!! :rock 

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  17. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    There was also the fact Ratchet admits the cortical psychic patch was a procedure outlawed by Autobots. Arcee wasn't being selfish, she was most likely scared of the effects of the cortical psychic patch could have on her. Bumblebee, while unquestionably brave and selfless in his actions, pretty much went on a suicide mission into the lion's den. Arcee's silent fears about the patch proved justified when Bumblebee was possesed by Megatron next episode.

18. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree with ya and you still argue?? Must be an Arcee fan :D 

It wouldn't have been the first time Arcee has broken an Autobot "directive" and while she said she would do anything for Optimus, she didn't. Period. Yep, BB stepped up..and with Ratchet overseeing the procedure they did what they had to--of course, there were consequences, had to revive Megatron somehow. :) 

Besides, this thread is about Prowl vs Arcee..and when it comes to bravery, sacrifice and honor..gotta go with Prowl.

19. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i am gonna go for the original character, sorry Arcee but your nothing but a knockoff.

20. Sideways77

Sideways77 its movie time here come the manbabies

News Credits:
    Knockoff of what? There hasn't been any other female character that's as brutal or awesome as Prime Arcee. Well, IDW Arcee, but still.

I'm still going with Arcee. prowl is awesome, but he's just... not worthy of winning. If he was in Samuri Armor and used his Processor over matter, Arcee'd be scrap medal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.