MasterShooter Collectibles Next Project Revealed - SHOOTER MASTERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Sidecutter, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    There's no way those are crosshairs. The bottom part is longer, like a cross. for crosshairs, you use a "+" shape. What's on their chest is clearly a "†". Even if the center part where the lines cross is empty like Insane Galvatron says, the bottom line being longer makes it very clear what it's supposed to be.

Yeah, I probably won't buy them unless that's changed.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Put inverted crosses on them and I might just buy them.

3. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Ill let it go when you stop with the lies. Where in this thread did I lie about you or your 3rd party products? Where are the rumors I spread? I stated facts about you and your involvement and that was all.

Even if the middile is empty it still won't look like a crosshair and it still looks like a religious cross.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You haven't actually seen real crosshairs before, have you...?

It seems more like you jumped on the crosshairs explanation the moment that other guy mentioned it.

5. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I'm fine with the crosses on them, I'll be putting pentacle over that part anyway or more likely faction symbols.

6. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think many of you are getting way too worked up over the crosses. Just fill in the cavity and cover with a faction symbol, case closed. These are GREAT figures, just what we needed to achieve Classics Movie Targetmasters.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The problem is that you mis reprepesent the facts. You keep saying I'm making them, but I keep correcting you that they're made by a factory in China. That is not a lie. I admitted to being involved in the design of Mega-Gun and that it started with me. When I said I'm "behind Mastershooter", that meant in the sales/marketing end of it. It's not my fault if you took that to mean something else initially, but it's been explained since.

As for the crosshairs, not all of them look like a "+". I have plenty of scopes where the bottom line is longer. It's because the little hairs on the cross ( hence why it's called a crosshairs ) mark distance. So if you're target is far enough away, you have to line it up down that bottom mark to allow for dropping of the bullet. Since bullets don't tend to drop up or sideways, the bottom line is the only one that's ever been extended on some scopes.

A quick google search tuned up plenty of crosshairs Trijicon Accupoint Scopes Sale Accupoint Rifle Scopes that either only have the bottom or the bottom and sides, no top at all. The emphasis is on that bottom line, just like the one on the chest of these robots.

[​IMG]

8. Naztok

Naztok will work for gold chrome

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The crosses makes them effective against vampires, which only makes me wanna buy these more!

9. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Then, speaking totally hypothetically, of course... if they're not meant to be be religious crosses, then they should just be remolded to look like traditional cross hairs to avoid the confusion. Easy enough, right? No change to the actual design of the figure. Just a minor cosmetic change to a figure that hasn't even been made yet, right?

10. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    What is it with this obsession with religion anyway? Seeing crosses everywhere.

11. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Never laughed so much. Absolutely hilarious

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    If they were larger, yes. The little "hairs" would be too small at this scale and would not come out. The mouth on Mega-Gun barely came out and it was larger than this detail. So no matter what is done, it's going to look like a cross to those that want to see a cross. You know how it is. People see what they want to see, no matter what they're shown or told. This is yet another example of why I didn't want my involvement known. People know me and my interests, and that influences how they view the product. "Insane Galvatron is involved, and he's a Christian, so that thing on the chest MUST be a religious symbol. No way it can be anything else!!"

The only other option is to remove it completely, but then the chest looks too plain. That's why it was added to start with.

The term "witch hunt" comes to mind.

13. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    But by that logic, then the only portion of the cross that will even be visible is the bottom portion? So the final product will feature a vertical line on the chest? I'm a bit confused.

14. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    Does it really matter why there's a t" on the chest? Mr. T could have trained them for all I care. :lol  Personally, I like the overall look of each TM. The upper body could stand to be varied between each TM but can understand how it's easier to design and then produce the same thing over and over again.

If these see the light of day I'll be picking them up just like I got Mega & BK.

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't believe all the uproar over the crosses/crosshairs/whatever.

If you don't like it, cover it up. If you REALLY don't like it, don't buy it, but that's a really petty reason not to complete your Targetmasters. I plan to buy a full set plus possibly am extra Fracas in case we ever get Artfire (without his partner).

Then I can give Sidearm to Protector and this Firebolt to Rodimus.

Then Blesser needs a new home... Maybe Inferno? Optimus?

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I have, actually. I just said the crosses looked like crosshairs because that's a common misconception of what they really are, a litteral "+" sign.

I do have to admit I'm quite surprised at the sudden disliking of these figures imply because of a freaking pair of perpendicular detail lines in the chest. What, do you people think Galvatron has a cross in his chest, too? I mean really, with the size these guys are at, the fact the middle bar is slightly higher than being at the exact middle is going to be VERY hard to tell.

Hell, I'm now tempted to buy all of these simply to spite those people who think religion is tied to these figures.

17. KillerMel

KillerMel Teh Honduran Wrestler

News Credits:
    wow, these are compatible with the 3mm clip system!

18. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    WANT!

19. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

People not wanting them because of the "crosses" make me want to get a set, and I likely would have passed on these before.

20. RubberChicken

RubberChicken Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm going to incorporate these pieces into my nativity scene at Christmas.