Masterpiece

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bboi84, Jul 12, 2012.

1. bboi84

bboi84 Well-Known Member

Just a quick question I'm looking to start a takara masterpiece collection from mp6 which seems to be in scale with every other one I was just wondering weather putting the stickers on makes them worth less money in the long run or if it doesn't matter thanks in advance adam

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    MP-06 tends to be worth the least of all the Masterpieces anyway, so I'd whack them on :) 

3. bboi84

bboi84 Well-Known Member

That's great thanks for the info also have mp08 on its way really looking forward to receiving them hope it doesn't take too long

Also I would like to know weather it makes a difference on the price of the others?
    And what are price guides for the other masterpieces I need 7, 9, 10, 11

4. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    7 is usually around $200-$250, 9 is $150-$250 depending on if you get the first run or second. 10 is $200-$280 and 11 is $150ish.

I generally don't feel the Takara Seekers are worth the expense and went with the iGear ones which are all around $100. You can still get Skywarp and Starscream from shop.igeartoys.com for $100 each, though you'd need to ebay Thundercracker.

5. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    A lot of people seem to prefer the igear seekers, so give them some thought.

6. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Masterpieces come with stickers!?!! Wtf?! ( these are things I miss being a MISB collector ).

7. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    From what you're getting, only Skywarp and Thundercracker come with stickers.

Be wary of MP06 Skywarp. First release is fine, second release had inverse chest intakes.

MP Rodimus [second release] can be found for as cheap as 160something USD on robotkingdom before shipping. Masterpiece figures are usually cheaper on asia-based stores rather than US based ones or ebay.

8. bboi84

bboi84 Well-Known Member

Ah I should probably have said I'm in the uk I did like the the i gear seekers but prefer to collect the actual takara figures if they are available. I was wondering if someone could take a pic of mp10 with the fansproject ultra Magnus I wondered if they would be in size scale with each other height wise?

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'd go with mp-11 and the hasbro version of thundercracker, i gears are still kos of the inferior mold with a couple tweaks

10. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

I've just started collectiong MP's myself. I'm out on a business trip right now but when I get back sometime Sat I should have Walmart SW and SS waiting for me. I already have the Coneheads so if you like I could PM you and tell you my take on them as we're both kind of in the same boat???

11. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Although is seems logical to go with the official product, as an owner of all three incarnation of the seekers (MP-3 mold, MP-11 and iGear), I can assure you that the iGear seekers are very good. Mp-11 is probably the best version (with some reservations) bu very closely followed by igear.......................................................then the MP-3 mold.

Can't help you with a MP-10 vs FP Magnus picture (sold the latter), but I can tell you that the size difference is rather large. FP Magnus is a largish voyager while MP-10 is roughly leader class.

12. bboi84

bboi84 Well-Known Member

Would that be roughly to scale sizingwise as I don't tend to like ultra Magnus figures as they are normally a crappy white repaint of some Optimus figure? But the fansproject one is so much better. I have also managed to track the old takara release of thundercracker again the mp3 mould but I don't mind that as I want the mp11 mould for starscream (being that he was a much more high profile) I think he deserves his own separate mould that's different to the others

13. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

And he looks awesome in his coronation gear next to the original mold.

The new wings and legs kind of make him an upgraded King Starscream as it were when displayed with the others. Some pics in my sig if youre interested.

I'll still be picking up the MP11 US TC and displaying him with Hasbro SS and SW despite their differences.

14. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Wow got back a day early.. figured I'd revisit this thread Skip MP 03 mold get MP11 or IGear's cause if bot mode is important to you MP 03 disappoints.

15. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

You should start from MP-10 because that seems to be the "reboot point" where they strive for complete anime accuracy and scale. MP-1 to MP-9 seem to have random criterias they think is best at the time of design.