Masterpiece Transformers Scans From The August 2012 Issue Of Hobby Japan

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
  2. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Still hate the head.

What is on his hands at the bottom?

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Of all the cars to do, I'm surprised they chose Sideswipe, as oppose to say Jazz.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sideswipe is bad ass though.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Already a thread on this but I think this picture looks brighter..

6. Dr.Cox

Dr.Cox The Coxster

Ebay:
    It's all about the rights to the car. Audi owns Lambo so I'm sure they didn't have a problem getting the copy rights. Even though they are almost the same exact company as Audi, vw is much more difficult. It's why we never got alternators/binaltech Jazz and BB

7. Hybrid Style

Hybrid Style AKA: TheFallen

News Credits:
    This.

Soundwave is better out of the two but this one opens up the Masterpiece line so much more to the other cars and smaller scaled characters.

I am happy with every single picture I have seen of Sideswipe and I am glad my Exclusive Pre-order is already paid up.

MP Sideswipe and TRU MP Optimus Prime in October, I can't wait.

8. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i completely agree with you on all points.. i REALLY hope hasbro brings sideswipe over.. and i REALLY hope if they do, it'll just be the exact same thing as the takara version.

i've been saying something similar about how these sizes open up a whole new door for MP figures.. but the way i thought of it is.. this scale could give us more of the larger characters. if we went by MP01 scale.. something like devastator would either be out of the question, or just WAY too expensive. but if they do it in the new established scale, it'd be cheaper while still fitting in with everything. i hope that if they ever do decide to give us an MP combiner, i hope they space out the releases like the 3rd party companies do.

i've also been saying that i REALLY REALLY hope that the next autobot car mold they make is the prowl mold. i'd love to get MP prowl, bluestreak, and smokescreen.

this is going to be a REALLY REALLY expensive time of year..

MP Soundwave + MP cassettes
    MP Sideswipe
    MP Red Alert

Hot Toys Loki
    Hot Toys Joker DX02
    and
    Hot Toys Iron Man Mark VII

9. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
    Scans are from Dengeki Hobby, not Hobby Japan.

10. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All three are so bought.

11. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    We did get an Alternators/Binaltech Jazz. It just wasn't a Porsche.

12. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

How can you hate on Sideswipe? Just look at that sexy-ass alt mode. He's a thing of beauty.

13. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

I would think that Takara might be counting on Hasbro to maybe even effectively halve the burden of the Lamborghini and any future licensing costs. That is, if Hasbro are willing to go along with it but if that were the case, would HasTak invest in these sorts of licenses together? I find that a little bit intrigueing.

14. Broken Forge

Broken Forge Formerly Neo Vox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Can hardly wait for these guys! :D 

15. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    "G1 Transfomers" are an iconic 80's thing, especially to those of us who grew up in the 80's (the key target market of G1 MP TF's).

No car is as 80's iconic as a flare-fendered, spoilered Lamborghini Countach. Especially a bright red one. I'd bet half of all guys who grew up watching Transformers, had a poster of a red Countach on their wall at some point, even if Sideswipe wasn't a favorite of theirs. It's the car we all wanted some day.

The Lancia Stratos, Nissan 280ZX, and Porsche 935 are not nearly so famous. Heck, I only really know of them because of the G1 toys. But everybody knows the Countach.

In short---the *car* is incredibly well-known, even if the character is not top-tier like OP, BB, Jazz, Wheeljack.

16. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i liked jazz, but he was never my favorite. i always liked sideswipes alt mode, i've never been a porsche fan. if someone gave me 1 million dollars to buy a sports car.. i'd buy a 2012 for mustang before i'd buy a porsche lol.

i'm sure we'll get jazz eventually.

i'm hoping we get prowl, bluestreak, and smokescreen as the next autobot cars.

17. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Sideswipe also tends to get done a lot, and frequently early-on (Binaltech/Alternators, Universe 2.0 ~ he was even supposed to be released first) i wonder if someone at Hasbro/Takara really likes him or if it's just that the Red/Black Sportscar is an easy sell.

Also, I'd argue the Z car is better known than the Lambo, (maybe not as '80s iconic') but i think of that design as more of a 70s thing...

18. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    I know it maps to the OG, but anyone else think they could have toned down the size of his emblem?

19. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Chisels from the episode where the Autobots are detoured, so Sideswipe and Ironhide (iirc) attempt to dig a tunnel under some humans that are blocking the way...
    VW Group owns Audi, so if they wanted to, they could put an end to it, easily... I think PART of the change of heart is due in small part to the Audi in ROTF, as well as the massive decline in car sales due to worldwide economic downturns, so even the revenue generated by toy licensing is no longer being snubbed. I honestly hope so, because I, for one, would love to see a Masterpiece Bumblebee VW bug, with both the classic "Cobra Commander" head and his cartoon face. (I've always been partial to B's original toy head). he would make an easy re-tool into both Cliffjumper and Goldbug, and I'm sure there would be a Bumblejumper exclusive somewhere too.

Jazz would be ok, though I never cared much for the character until his Solstice redesign (tho he totally got punked in the film).

My G1 masterpiece "must haves" (characters who's G1 toys never did them justice imo) would be Sunstreaker, bumblebee, Prowl, and Mirage for Autobots.
    Shrapnel, Galvatron, and Megatron 2.0 for Decepticons

20. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Hmm, maybe just a little; I had wondered about that, though it is red on red for most part and seems to not jump out so much in vehicle mode.