masterpiece to scale or not to scale...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ahbao1983, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Ahbao1983

Ahbao1983 Active Member

a thought came to my mind... we know the mp10 and the upcoming swipesweep mp12 in robot form is pretty much to scale comparing to the g1 cartoon..

but in vehicle form the lamborghini is said to be able to fit into the trailer of optimus prime... but put lambo and truck side by side, the lambo is wayyy to big...

which do u prefer... to scale in robot mode or in vehicle mode..?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

The scale was so broken on the show that I'm not sure how much it matters. I think it would be easier to get the scale of the robots to something acceptable, considering the alternate modes of Soundwave, Starscream, and Megatron are never going to fit.

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I've always been a fan of scale in bot mode, since I tend to display them like this. If things were to all be in scale with one another, the upcoming MP Soundwave would be awful small. ;) 

4. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Robot mode, definitely

5. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    Would make MP-11 awesomely large though.

6. tomac66

tomac66 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    alt mode scale for me please...at least this way then i know that whatever the bot mode scale is, is accurate...i couldnt care less what the toon depicted...the kid in me still loves TFs, but the adult in me has moved past the inaccuracies of the toons and wont let them be out of scale in alt mode...

i too always have them in bot mode on display, but it would be nice knowing that when they transform to vehicles that they will be right/in scale to each other...

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    You can't have it both ways, got to give up one to make the other possible. That's just how it works. Like MP Soundwave, never going to get the proper scale for its alt mode next to Prime's truck mode.

As for myself, I could care less about scale. Because I know it will never be perfect in the Transformers universe.

9. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what do you use for your seekers then? which figures?

10. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Well since it is currently impossible to get both modes to scale properly, it is best to scale bot mode. Even though Transformers gimmick is the fact the transform, they are first and foremost robots. The bot mode should always take priority over the alt mode.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robot mode is the most important. If anyone wants to buy vehicles that are scaled to each other, IMO they should be going into another toy line like getting die-cast vehicles.

When I display my TFs, 90% of the time its in their robot modes unless there's a lack of space.

12. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Who gives a shit. Robot is enough, quite frankly though I don't care. I'm soo over this scale talk.

13. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    Before Hercules, I had two TFs, MP-04 and MP Rodimus...the scale thing and lack of TFs that didn't seem overly toy like kept me from really getting into TFs...

Devastator being my fave TF (along with Jetfire), Hercules has now became the base of my collection...I've started a small collection around him...and even it's not in scale, but it's close enough...the Igear seekers work well, though they are a tad over scaled...THS-02 Prime also works even though he's also a tad large...and I have a couple legends figures that look good next to Herc...

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, at least you have a "goal" of sorts for your collection and I'm pretty impressed! If I had followed you, I would have saved alot of money! :) 

15. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Eh, I'll probably only be getting Soundwave and his cassettes anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me. :wink: 

16. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When it comes to G1 toon 'accuracy' and whatnot: definitely robot mode scale.

So what they're currently doing with the Mastrepiece line in terms of maintaining robot mode scale accuracy is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

17. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    I have others that I picked up that were just too cool to pass up, but I don't know what to do with them...

Not-Insecticons
    Not-Reflector
    Revoltech Megatron and Rodimus (which look good with Herc but are woefully out of scale)

18. tactikill decoy

tactikill decoy Well-Known Member

you really got to go with robot mode, perceptor, blaster, and soundwave would have been run over by another car in seconds if they were sized to alt mode. its nice that they made there modes close to achievable even if you mix and match leader class and voyager, or deluxe and legend...or what ever. robot sizing is better

19. AMG

AMG Old School

Bot mode.

20. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

I agree that this is a pointless discussion. The cartoon depicted things that are physically impossible to replicate in a toy form. Anyone who can't understand that should get a better perspective on life. How can you expect to make an argument for alt mode accuracy when a cassette player isn't even close to the the size of an F15, much less a sports car? People should be happy with what is happening with Transformers and realize that fantasy is fantasy and toys are toys and it's just a cartoon. Buy the figures if you like them, or don't. I personally like to buy figures based on the robot mode. Why are there so many of these stupid "scale" posts every fucking day? "Oh no, Sideswipe should be an inch taller!!" Don't buy it genius, it's that simple.