Heavy/Scratch: Masterpiece Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TFCustoms, Feb 25, 2010.

1. TFCustoms

TFCustoms Banned

Ebay:
    !!!!!!!!!OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!!!!!!!!!

Here is a sneak peak into a commissioned figure for a member here. I will update as I complete more.

Attached Files:

2. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice. :thumbs2: 

3. TFCustoms

TFCustoms Banned

Ebay:
    Thanks Payton. He is coming along nicely. More updates soon.

4. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

Those MP starscream molds are really versatile, especially since Skywarp is in abundance right now for cheap. Hope to see a whole army of bad ass MP figs from you!

5. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

I love this mold. I do I do I do. Looks like your off to a good start. Can't wait to see more.

6. TFCustoms

TFCustoms Banned

Ebay:
    This battalion cannot be stopped!

7. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    wow, i havent seen your work before but its very professional, masterful. definitely interested in the head choice. just out of curiosity, what kind of hinge are you using in attaching the starscream legs to the feet/car fronts?

8. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    awesome start. it's amazing how low that vehicle is and more impressive that you're gonna fit everything under that shell.
    looking forward to more.

9. TFCustoms

TFCustoms Banned

Ebay:
    I use a plastic "I" beam that you get from hobby suppliers and I run a channel inside of it. I drill a hole into the leg and run the screw through the channel into the leg and lock it in. The screw slides up and down the channel allowing the movement I need, I then attach the "I" beam to the front quarter panel by shaping it the beam to fit the underside of the panel and then run a screw into that from the top of the panel (you can see it in the pics) for more stability. Sunstreaker as opposed to Sideswipe has opaque yellow lids on his bottom set of lights. So, when I place the light covers on the panel they will get painted yellow, thus hiding the screw which the top of has to be ground down for clearance. One of my main priorities in doing these figures is durability, the ability to stand up to the wear and tear of someone possibly forcing them open or closed during transformation because the figure is new to them and they haven't mastered how to transform them yet. Also for longevity of the figure, I want them to last and not break 2 years down the road. Thanks for asking.

10. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

holy sh*t man...the g1 customs r always my favorite and i love the way u do them...awesome!