masterpiece starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by KA, Sep 27, 2006.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dear cat,

no.

sincerely, KA.

2. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Well that blows chunks.

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    see that pic i posed with mp3 standing sans base? thats the most extrem pose he can do.

the base is absolutely essential.

(but then again as a seeker u want him to pose him flying anyway.)

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's because the tailfins extend past his feet. There's no way to swivel them up like on Classics Starscream or even the G1 version. Check out the vehicle mode picks, and see how much further the tailfins stick back compared to the afterburners. That's how far they stick past his feet.

5. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People with QC problems in their MP SS know if their toy came directly from the HK batch sold there? It wouldn’t be the first time that the stuff selling in Japan had better QC than the one sold in HK.

6. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Funny, but seeing that photo of all the MP's lined up...they just dont look like they are from the same toyline.

7. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Mine was direct from Japan and had a loose thumb joint and incorrectly assembled screw cover on one leg.

8. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Once again I'm seein' more parallels with the Yamato valks than with MP Prime. My VF-0 can't take a real extreme pose either.

9. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    That's because the physical design doesn't really let the legs swing out to the sides too much. Otherwise, the poseability on the VF-0S is excellent.

10. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Just got this amazing piece in from UPS this evening. (via Image Anime).

This thread is out of control, and way off base. MP SS's head's swivel pivot is in the back of his head (kinda like your head). It is not like Energon Rodimus's who had an significant armiture away from his head, which it had to pivot about.

Plastic level. Expect top quality Altenator platic (like on Mirage). Somebody tried to compare the plastic to Cybertron Metroplex. MP Starscream, and Cybertron Metroplex's plastic are miles different. Then again, Starscream actually has an incredible alt mode. Wish I could say the same for C. Metroplex.

I am not really sold on the how he balances on this feet. He can take quite a bit of leaning forward weight, but leaning backwards... he has no heel spurs to stop him from falling if his weight is shifted backwards.

So far I really really like him.

Be careful of his spikey bits. He has a lot of them in the tail section, and if you drop him, he will likely chip some tips off.

I have more quality issues with MP Convoy. I am so sick of his stupid foot falling off everytime I fidget with him. Same with MP Ultra Magnus. I hope MP-04 doesn't have the same problem, but I wouldn't be surpised if it still does.

11. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I picked one up today. Absolutely, purely awesome. Studio lighting really reacts strangely to his plastic colours, because in person, the scheme gels really well. None of this "too green" or "too blue" crap. It just works, and to be honest, I'm liking it miles better than the "anime" scheme.

I was a bit apprehensive about the pricetag, due to Takara's hit-or-miss QC. Thankfully, mine checked out perfectly. Very solid construction, nice durable plastic. All of the joints are well built, nice and tight without being so tight as to be annoying.

My major complaint with the figure is the hip kibble. I was getting quite used to it, too, but the way it's connected to his hips bugs me. It really impedes movement of the hip joint. You get a much bigger range of motion with them removed. I'll have to see about rigging up a new system to keep them attached to the legs.

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    good call mx, on the hip movement issue. i'm pretty sure theres a way to mod it so the hip kibble slides up and down the calves with the help of proper tools.

or maybe even just make the tail section bends, so it looks more like the g1 toys.

13. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Technically excellent, yeah. The main problem for me is the combination of its mass and its cost. The poses it CAN take are much more extreme than what I am willing to leave it in for display, especially after it tried doing a double gainer off my mantle.

14. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Had a bit of a QC problem:

The hinge pin that connects the right (black in color) sliding bracket to the top of the red shoulder protruded about 1/8 of an inch meaning that the shoulders can't compress properly.

I did fix it, but it meant having to take out the two screws in the brackets, and using a pliers (wrapped in tape) to push the pin in. Even then it took a fair bit of pressure.

15. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Got mine yesterday, didn't get a chance to open it until today...

Thoughts: This guy PWNS. Awesome detail in both modes, and all of the colors go well together - the blues are a darker blue with the red being a saturated dark red (none of that awful pinkish hue that was originally seen in the early pics), and the sea green looks really good - it really does change depending on the lighting, but not by much - it retains enough of a grayish tone that it doesn't really clash with anything else. He is very light...the only minor gripe that I have is the lack of die-cast - I wish there had been a little more die cast on the figure (not all of it, just some).

And as for him not being able to stand with the kibble attatched to his legs...my MP SS would like to have a word with you...

[​IMG]

Granted, I've only tried to pose him like this, and it would probably look really weird trying to pose him standing at attention. However, it looks like he can achieve some action poses with them on the legs. If you try that pose w/o them, he'll fall right over.

[​IMG]

He is just sooo cool. When Hasbro releases him (and you know they will), I will definitely be getting a second one to display in jet mode.

16. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah. i dont usually buy repaint/doubles, but this mold is so good that i'd snap the eventual cartoon accurate deco version by hasbro without a hesitation.

17. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I got it today, and I'm trying to like it but just find myself not liking it that much. Definately NOT worth the price. Honestly, its long on little useless flaps and compartments opening and closing but short on the important things like most glaringly its color. The color being so fugly on this thing is definately a deal breaker...In the right colors, the mold is still not worth the price, but it the sting of the price wouldn't feel so bad. For me at least, Classics or RM Starscream is funner and looks more like Starscream to me. This thing just looks out of place with everything else.

Thinking seriously of selling it.

18. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    If Hasbro does release a anime color correct version, I'd buy that one and display that in bot mode, and display the Takara one in Jet mode

19. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how do you change the faces?

20. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    tilt the head back, pull out his face and twist it around 180 degrees and push it back in until you feel it go all th way in