Masterpiece Starscream Walmart Vs Takara USA Version Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Darth Trader, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Darth Trader

Darth Trader Well-Known Member

Hey guys!
    I've just started my collection of MP's with the Walmart Skywarp. I must now have them all, lol. These guys are just freaking amazing.

My question is this: Is it true that the Walmart version has the nosecone cast in blue plastic? Also, How easy is it to remove both the black nosecone paint to reveal the blue & also the hideous "weathering" affect?

Also a question about MP Prime. Can anybody give me a quick overview of the differences or point me somewhere? I'm torn between the MP 05 or Getting one without a trailer and buying the trailer...

Thanks guys!

2. devilution

devilution Well-Known Member

the walmart nosecone is blue plastic. removing the black nosecone and the weathering is VERY easy. just takes a little patience, but nothing at all is difficult about it. comes right off, no problem. a little isopropyl alcohol and some cotton balls and voila.

3. Darth Trader

Thank you! That settles it then, I want the walmart version. I have always been a little nervous about trying to mod my TF's.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    US 20th Opimus Primes also have short smoke stacks compared to MP Convoys, but that can be fixed with fan kits of longer stacks you can usually find somewhere on eBay. Only MP 05 has an offical trailer.

5. Rob Almighty

Rob Almighty Kneel before Rob.

My WM Skywarp nosecone is in purple plastic and the jet has no weathering (or it's hard to see because the figure is primarily black).

6. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I have the US version of Starscream but never modded it and the US walmart version of Skywarp x2. I love mine plus I have the MP megatron and add-on barrel kit and the 20th anniver Optimus prime MP. Then I picked up MP thundercracker so if I was you, I would get a cracken on these MP TF's cause some will be a bit expensive. I know my US version of Starscream set me back a C note and my MP megatron was over a C note as well as Thundercracker did to. I already had the 20th annivers Optimus and didn't even know it was a MP after all these years. All I have left to get is the big trailer to my Optimus and then a few add-ons here and their. If you already have the MP skywarp then you should check out the add-on for him cause I bought it along with Starscreams too.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    megatron has a trailer? lol i think you mean MP-04

8. Darth Trader

Do you mean the Coronation add on for Skywarp? Isn't that just the same as Starscream's, only marketed towards Skywarp too?

To the OP that posted about SW's Nosecone: Yea, his nosecone is purple and I was considering modding it, but, the original wasn't purple so I won't. BUT, wouldn't it have been nice if they had used that same purple for his arms? wth were they thinking? Would it have killed them to use the same color for the arms?:banghead: 

9. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Yeah, pretty much just a color change and slightly different fabric they used for each of the seekers. Starscreams is a thick fabric which has sewn sides and skywarps is really thin fabric with crappy sides that will tear if you are not careful.