Masterpiece Starscream/Skywarp worth getting?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SimonMK, Oct 27, 2009.

1. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got Masterpiece Grimlock from Takara for a while and was interested in other Masterpieces but Megatron seem too complicated and super fragile, I would only get OP with his trailer but everywhere sell it at ridiculous price.

But G1 colored Starscream (either Hasbro or Takara, don't the difference) and the current Hasbro Masterpiece Skywarp are at reasonable price.

The only problem is the toy seem fragile... is it very fragile? Doesn't have any problem standing up with it stand and that thing to keep him in the air?

2. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Prime without trailer is still fantastic... I never had the trailer, and I feel like I'd just end up looking for somewhere to store it.

Don't have either of the seekers, but would LOVE one.

3. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime without the trailer is great. I have the Hasbro MP Starscream to me it just looks too sweet in it's box I didn't have the heart to open him. To me it is worth getting just to look at it.

4. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Is there a clear difference between the Takara & Hasbro G1 MP Starscream version? By the way all Masterpiece molds are bad ass. Megatron is just tricky to pose.

5. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:

Hey Simon,actually Hasbro MP Screamer is rather durable when it comes to
    transforming him,the only problem with him is the flaps on the sides where
    his air intakes are pop off really easily when tf'ing him,but just as easily
    put back on,and MP Skywarp might be the same,IDK since he hasn't been
    released yet.But I have Screamer and he is the best starscream there is,
    kinda hard tf'ing him but not at bad as I've heard as MP Megs is.So get
    Skywarp if your thinking about it,beats paying more than double for the
    takara version.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the weathering is different, takara's has the decepticon logo on the tip of the plane

the mp seekers are nice, i have takara's skywarp, wing joint on it is crap, takara's g1 colored starscream doesn't seem to be as bad, i would get the US skywarp and takara's g1 colored starscream.

megatron is pretty good, not as fragile as many make it out to be. prime doesn't need his trailer, but i still want it

7. SimonMK

News Credits:
    Is there any difference between Takara's SW and Hasbro's SW?

I heard that Hasbro's SW has SC's smirk instead of another facial expression. Or that Hasbro's SW was more accurate to G1.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    purple tailfins, lavender instead of purple arms, red canopy, silver intakes, tampoed decepticon logos, and wing stripes, takara's has a lot of more accurate (to the real jet) tampos

9. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Masterpiece bot's were made for adult collectors. Don't treat them like you're 5 and they are amazingly worth every cent.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    There are quite a few differences. Good review of it here, as well as links to the takara review and US Starscream review: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/273828-masterpiece-skywarp-hasbro-version.html

I would definately recomend getting atleast one of the mold, it is great. As ugly as it is (IMO), I hope we get another release of the MP-03 one so I can have a complete set.

It is definately meant for the adult collector, but will hold up as long as you arn't flying it around the house and crashing it into walls. Be careful the first couple times transforming it, the fins can break, as well as the little pointy things on them.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    They're among some of my favorites :) 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Mp skywarp is superb, I went for the g1 accurate, cheaper hasbro one because he was randomly on sale and I'm all geewun and shit. They're genuinely amongst the best transformers ever produced, and imo the best seeker mold we're ever likely to get.

You won't be able to pick these up in the shops forever so if you have the cash you're better off buying one now than paying tempting toys fifty billion for one in a couple of years time. :) 

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Eh, it can be hard to say. MP-3 isn't easy to find for a decent price, but the rest of them can still be found for close to srp. However, you never know how supply/demand turns out with things like this. I'd recommend the same, though. If you want to get it, it's best to get it while it's on the shelf rather than wait for the chance of inflation to bite ya. :) 

14. SimonMK

News Credits:
    Is there a reason why Skywarp has yellow eyes instead of red? Even the box art show him with red eyes. I don't think SC's mold feature eye color changing like Grimlock.

And does Hasbro's version of SC and SW require me to put any stickers on them? I know in the Takara version, I had to put the purple/silver striped myself on SW.

15. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

take a look at the G1 packaging for skwarp: yellow eyes. (on the takara one at least)

hasbro skywarp has no stickers to apply, and the purple isn't quite as candyfloss as it looked in the publicity shots.

16. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I think the mold's worth picking up, especially if you can get it for the same price as a regular Leader class figure. The Hasbro one doesn't come with any stickers to apply, which is slightly annoying as it means the wing insignia are the wrong way up. :(  Still, a decent mold. Just a shame about that hip kibble.

17. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

have you seen peaugh's starscream mod? he cut the kibble in half, glued half of it to the wing and the other half attached to the lower leg sliding on a peg/screw. looks really nice. check out his youtube starscream review.

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Yeah, I've seen one or two takes on that idea. I'm thinking about giving it a go. I'm hoping it gives him the ability to stand up unaided as well.

19. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I have Starscream. I think he's a good one for anyone's collections.

20. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i liked the mold when i got it, but its out of my size range to display
    takara starscream feels more solid and has no loose joints, but has odd colors