Masterpiece SS Vs. MP-03 SS

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by gehhn, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

meh metal's not that great anyways...

i mean my BT Alert, barely stands due to it's overwelming weight and it's inablity to keep it self up due to that. G1 metal guys were pretty cool, because it was in moderation, but sometimes even that metal, put some fatel flaws into some of the toys, like my shackwave, the metal bar that holds his legs on, ate right through is left thigh, just from transforming it, like a drill into wood. and gobots had a lot of metal, right on plastic, and the plastic parts always broke because of it.

either have moderate metal parts, have it all metal, or have no metal, other wise it just lowers the quality of the toy, because every one knows, metal is harder then almost any plastic.

also, the paint tends to chip...

as for me i might wait to get the japanese version, then again it will be double the price, *i mean the g1 colors one slated to come out, not thunderscream*

but i'm sure the plastic 20th ann. dvd prime is much easier to transform too, when it's plastic, then the metal version.

how ever, how much metal does the mp megatron have?

2. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

Does the Brave line actually have an anime series with it? is it any good?
    I'm quite impressed with their toy like and might pick one up on eBay.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    The biggest difference that bugs me between Hasbro's MP Starscream and Takara's version is the display base. The Takara one comes without the character name displayed on it and instead gives you a sticker so that you can choose whether or not to put it on, whereas the Hasbro version already has the name painted on it. In my opinion, that royally sucks since I prefer to keep it blank.

I also noticed that the Decepticon symbol on the display base is a shiny metallic purple on Takara's version, while on the Hasbro version it's just a flat purple.

I know these aren't *major* things, but they're nevertheless worth pointing out for anyone looking to keep a consistent look with Takara's version(s) vs. Hasbro's MP Starscream.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Other than colors, some display stand differences, and stickers and inserts, WM SS is the same as MP-03.

And unless the chrome on the other releases of MP OP is metal, he's the same, except for less paint and, of course, no chrome

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=158570

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=157224

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=156479

Also,

The first version of of Hasbro's 20th Prime (not the more recent DVD edition) was identical to Takara's version except for Battle Damage paint apps and shortened smoke stacks:

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/fullsize.php?id=1153&size=1&image=72

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Double post, please delete.

7. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    TBH the greenscream deco actually looks better than the Hasbroscream one. But apparently the Hasbroscream plastic is better (well nothing is wrong with mine and I transform it a lot, so you know).

But in terms of looks MP03 > Hasbro MPSS

8. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I think that Dolza_Khyron was talking about the DVD edition with the craptastic stand, yellow on his head, less paint apps, a weird color of red plastic, and loss of chrome, even on the Matrix

9. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    As far as Transformer Masterpieces go, Optimus Prime is unique among them as he has a hidden third mode as a bludgeoning weapon. It almost seems they were trying to replicate the original toy's durability as well as update it.

The other Masterpieces are more along the lines of some of the more intricate Gundam kits for Durability. MP 03 isn't bad as far as durability, but he definitely feels more fragile. Skywarp feels sturdier, which may be my imagination, but I think they used a heavier grade of plastic. I haven't gotten Hasbroscream yet.

MEGATRON feels VERY fragile. While he looks imposing, he's rather nerve-wracking to transform. Even with his greater size and big metal feet, he doesn't feel any heavier than Greenscream.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO the Hasbro Screamer wins hands down because of the improvements made and I'm a sucker for show accuracy! XD

11. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Yes, there are 8 Brave series, each with its own toyline and TV show. The wikipedia article needs some editing, but it will give you the gist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_series

The TV series are good. Might Gaine and GaoGaiGar are my favorites.