Masterpiece Skywarp price drop

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sideswipe1125, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Sideswipe1125

Sideswipe1125 Autobot

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I just picked up Masterpiece Skywarp at Walmart for half price off. That's right I just picked him up for 30 bucks on clearance. I was wondering if anyone else has been lucky enough to pick him up for this cheap as well.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, most people have been finding him for 30 or less the last month... i know some stores around me just dropped him to 15... but congrats on the score...

3. Sideswipe1125

Sideswipe1125 Autobot

News Credits:
    I had been looking for about the last month without any luck. I'm just glad I got him and they had about 10 more left. smh

4. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    I actually found one the other day for $17. Kind of an odd number, but I'm not complaining.

5. just1nj

just1nj NERD GAZETTE

There is only one Skywarp here and it is the same one that has been on the shelf for a few months. I put a little pink sticker on the bottom and it is still there. I'm waiting for the day it goes under $20.

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    My Walmart never dropped those prices :( 

7. Sideswipe1125

Sideswipe1125 Autobot

News Credits:
    yea i'm not sure if they are about to stop selling them or not.

8. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    It is a clearance price, so they are gonna stop selling it. Once they are sold out, that's the last chance to get him besides Ebay.

Skywarp might've been overproduced because I don't remember Starscream being around this long....

9. Armada_MK

Armada_MK Emissary of Primus

News Credits:
    I got MP for 15.00 a week or so at wal mart^_^

10. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Varies by store. Depends on the management.

The target in my area is really good at clearance. While the walmart will only clearance stuff if home office says to do so.

So masterpiece skywarp is $55.10 here.

11. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even in the UK, he's dropped massively. Original RRP £59.99 -I picked mine up for £19.99 yesterday!

12. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Most stores around here have him for $30. I don't know of any that actually still have him at $60. One store had him at $20 which I thought was good. But even better was another store that had him for only $7!!!

Needless to say, I got my $53 back I spent back in November. I have a receipt for proof of the price drop, but don't ask me to pick up any at that store as they never carried him, I was only able to get my money back as I had my receipt and called and asked how much the figure was by having them look up the UPC.

This was the same store that had Omega Sentinel for $7.50 years ago.

Randy

13. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Saw one last night for $60 at one WM. My local store has them for $40. I want the price to drop some more before I bite!

14. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Folks:

I bought one for $30 a few days ago. Honestly, I'm pretty happy with it, and I won't regret this purchase even if the price drops to $15 or less. I *will*, in that case, buy another one for my brother, who is not a TF fan, but who is an engineer for Lockheed and adores everything that flies.

In fact, I'd say the toy is *well* worth $60. It's a brilliant, complex design, a kind of toy that just is not the thing US toy stores sell. I would probably not have bought it for $60...we can't always buy everything we want, or everything that we think is worth the price. Seriously, though, if this was an imported toy from another mecha toyline, people would be shocked to get it for such an unbelievably low price as $60!

15. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I bought 4 Japanese versions at almost $100 a figure, so I had no issues spending the $60 the American one. But I love the fact that I ended up getting all 4 of mine for $7 each.

Randy

16. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Yep, three Walmart around here have about a dozen or so of them. All $60. The one even has a red sticker indicating that it is on clearance, but that sticker still says 60 bones. Our walmarts around here aren't very good at clearancing things. 60 bucks is well worth it, but I already have the takara version and can't justify the full price. However, 30 bucks or less (if that ever happens around here) and I'll be all over that sucker!

17. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I don't really know if there were more produced, but I feel the case is that Skywarp was priced at a higher point than Starscream, but he is no where near as popular. I may have spent $60.00 on Starscream, but I admit that the $48.88 price made me feel good about the purchse. It was later reported that his price fell to around $30.00, but by that time most had either been bought up or snatched up quickley at that price. I never saw Starscream on clearance so I couldn't tell you.

Honestly, I don't feel that the firgure is really worth much more than $30.00. Its smaller than leader class although it is just as complex. By the same token, I 've bought all three ROTF leaders for less than $27.00 dollars, the lowest being Jetfire at $22.99. So to me $30.00 is a good price point for Masterpiece Skywarp. I picked up two at that price. If I can find him lower that would be great too!

I think Hasbro boned setting the price point at $60.00. It made a lot of people, like my self pass and they may have got me @ $40.00 - $45.00. I figure they may have sold more than they did initially raising the demand. I feel the same way about their initial price points for ROTF, which price lowered after a few months, but in the end it seems the effect it had was more shelf warmers on figures that people weren't going to buy @ $13.00 for deluxes. It seems that they killed their momentum by doing that.

18. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

My brother picked him up for me at $15. Well worth it.

19. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Skywarp isn't as popular as Starscream so that also plays into it

20. Sideswipe1125

Sideswipe1125 Autobot

News Credits:
    you're so lucky dude. I'm surprised at all the people that have actually seen it for cheaper.