Customs: Masterpiece Seeker mold - Post your advice here!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Superquad7, Nov 23, 2013.

1. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    that tamiya tape is the mutts nuts!!! compared to the other wing where it was the normal masking tape with loads of bleading ...such a difference

[​IMG]

looks wider at the top but just where the flap is up a tiny bit..pretty much exact measurement to the takara lines :) 

still waiting on the eness labels to come through for the faction symbols before i can fully finish the wings and still needing to sort the bits that messed up due to the clear coat

this has gone on forever just want it finished lol but also its time and only getting to do a little bit at a time

2. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    this whole thread has been a massive help ( due to your posts thanks) :D  although this has taken me ages has been a learning curve and gonna start an ice storm as soon as i buy another acid storm :)  wont be using tamiya paint for it this time as its too pricey for the amount you get in a can and will be doing things differently to how i started this one so hopefully will not take as long

3. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    please do show :) 

4. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    aaahhh i see what you mean i seem to be ok there put some of it together today , few bits of snagging to do around the screw holes ... a simple touch up on that wing pictured the paint bubbled up , obviously i sprayed to close and too much aand took the tape of too soon and got black paint on my stripes that were perfect :lol  and one of the lower leg parts with the sliding mechanism the clear coat went all cloudy and too much in parts have had to sand down to spray again..

what i have put together looks good ..the arms with null rays attached but minus the hands at the mo as the wrist swivel is a right bitch and still need to sort them...waist and upper legs are attached the right leg will be complete tomorrow lol the back pack will be going on tomorrow as well.....then just need to sort the bits mentioned ..

the canopy to the cockpit split right down the middle and 3 shards broke off ..super glued it back together then had to rebuild parts with putty done a pretty good job but had to get rid of the molded bar through the middle of the canopy as was mullard ....sprayed it silver then sprayed polycarbonate clear purple over the top , the effect is really nice as its purple but at certain angles and if the light hits it you can see the silver under it....i stupidly sprayed semi gloss over the top so it don't look as good , going to redo it tried it with something else and used a really shiny gloss , it looked fantastic so going to do it that way....bit of a break from the norm with canopy that skywarp has

can't wait to post pics itching too but want it perfect first almost there a few months later :lol 

5. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    was thinking of cleaning the paint off as just losing detail here.....had to do this soo many times its unreal soooo close and making silly mistakes still ...is looking good so far tho was worth taking it completely apart :D  putting it back together has proved a nightmare so far , couldn't find a packet of screws think they might of got thrown out so poor acid storm had to donate some :lol  and bits were not in order had to hunt and forgetting little bits out and having to open the legs up again more than once lol

the army painter matt gloss is mad stuff it reacted with the tamiya silver and turned it a sort of white silver but it looks really good ..it was ok on the tamiya black ..strange...spray too much and it melts the paint which i have done a few times..,,i'm good at this customizing malarkey eh? :lol 

6. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    here's what i done to the canopy not sure if to leave as it is or redo it and gloss it

looks more blue than purple but that's the light

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    i'm going to use some rubbing alcohol to take the paint off and out of the panel lines ..great stuff :) 

the screws might still be here some where...anyway that acid storm is done for as customizing it now :)  need to get another acid storm soon getting harder sto find at a good price

8. deathsheadII

News Credits:

i had no choice it broke and is 30% putty now because of it :)  was just doing something different than yellow as needed painting

9. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    could do with an igear canopy if you have one spare then please lol pm with what you have as need a couple of other bits as well ... going to bed now but will reply when i get up :) 

10. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    damn got to strip most of the legs , the backpack/top of the jet , the whole canopy and nosecone and the mid sections of the arms.. as well as all the silver! all got that orange peel affect due to the matt varnish i used ..not so much on the silver as just made that look dirty and whiter than it should :(  will never be using it again! all that time and money wasted could put it together how it is as looks ok from a distance but would be forever bugging me every time i look at it...so back we go :lol  i'm pants at this :lol 

avoid the varnish by this lot like the plague

The Army Painter

their wolf grey primer on the other hand is superb

11. LizardbotHero

LizardbotHero I am a warrior

Ebay:
    Would it be possible to fix the image links in the first few pages of this thread? I have two MP-03's that were badly painted that I want to disassemble and repaint, and this thread seems like a really good resource for doing just that, but some pictures would help...

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Does anyone know how to remove the chest turbines. Do they pop out with a little bit of force?

13. turbobluestreak

turbobluestreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Help Dyeing a Masterpiece Skywarp V2

I'm trying to build a Skywarp V2 Golgo-013 in his thread

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/800971-masterpiece-skywarp-v2.html

This project was never finished. I've been trying to dye my plastic parts with Liquid Black RIT Dye both with and with out acetone with no luck.

I read that azdragon58 said "With alot of the newer dye from RIT, they no longer work to dye plastic... I have spoken with a rep from Rit, and they stated they did change the formula for the retail version of their dye... There professional line still has the old formula, and it will dye the plastic..."

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/creative-general-discussion/992589-dyeing-plastic.html

Is my problem that I'm using newer dye for RIT or is it impossible for the plastic that masterpieces are made from to take dye?

thanks
    tbs

14. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

Its the dye... I had the same problem, I went through about 20 boxes and bottles total, none of them worked... Once I bought the pro line, I had no problems at all... Some plastics didnt need anything other then the dye itself, no acetone...

15. turbobluestreak

turbobluestreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    where would be the best place to order the pro line RIT dye?

tbs

16. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

You can buy it directly from RIT... Only problem is they only have big containers... So unless you plan on dyeing alot of figures, its a little waste of money... The smallest container they had when I ordered, came out to $34 shipped...

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I was able to push them out from the front with a bit of force.

18. sturmmorser2000

sturmmorser2000 Member

I got an MP sunstorm and need to know if its possible to remove the head,then remove the face so I can paint his helmet black.

19. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok all. I'm needing some help with this mold. I have a Hasbro TT I'm looking to repaint (probably a couple of them, actually). How the heck to I get the screw panels on the arms and legs off!?! I know they're glued in, and I COULD leave the parts assembled in for painting, but would prefer to completely disassemble them. Does any one have any tips for this? Last time I did this with something similar, I disfigured the parts. HELP!!

20. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh, didn't think of anything like that. I'll see if that works. Are we talking like hottest setting on the tap itself, or that plus somehearing in the microwave?? Thanks!