Customs: Masterpiece Rumble, possible?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Is it possible to make a Masterpiece Rumble using a standard sized cassette? I've noticed that the original G1 cassette bots, are same size as the mini-cassettes. So, I'm wondering if a Masterpiece could be done with standard size cassette?
    Has this already been done, anybody thought of it before? How complex would it be?

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    cool idea. Keep him the same size though? believe it or not, he's already got some solid articulation, I think adding in head rotation, wrists, better thighs/hips - wouldn't be too tough.

3. Tigertrack

Masterpieces are generally larger than their G1 counterparts. So, that's why I was thinking of using a standard size cassette tape which is larger than the mini cassette tape which is what the G1 was based on.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    well, the entire figure would need to be up'd in size. Shame the oversize SW only comes with a laserbeak and ravage.

5. Tigertrack

Yes, that's why I was thinking of standard-sized cassette tape. I just wonder how difficult will it be to take a regular cassette tape, cut it up, and give it arms, legs, head, and weapons.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

A regular cassette tape? Considering that most cassette tapes are actually hollow in some parts, you might just be better off scratchbuilding the whole thing. A "regular" size cassette is only about maybe twice the size of the cassette minions alt. modes anyways.