Masterpiece Rodimus Prime- the big question!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Master Blaster, Sep 17, 2010.

1. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I'll wait for the (possible) Hasbro release.

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $200! Plus shipping!

[​IMG]

3. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Being the devil's advocate here. The G1 movie and TV series is one big toy ad. What you stated was Hasbro's attempt to make Rodimus a basass. They wanted to sell the new set of toys and phase out the old ones, which most kids rejected. It affected sales and TV ratings. Hasbro tried to repair the damage by bringing back Optimus Prime, but it was to late. Kids moved on to the next thing. The results. A TV series with no real ending and great toy line on hiatus till the the early 90's.

With TF targeted at grade school kids, picture this. What if The creators of Scooby Doo decide to get rid of Shaggy and replace him with someone else? No matter how cool the writers make the replacement and the writing is, people will reject him.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  4. cybertron_chris

cybertron_chris Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    since i live in germany i placed my order at kapow toys (great store!!)....set me back around $200 including shipping....but i think this is worth it.
    also got protector on preorder...with animated roddy (takara, clear and hasbro) this is a very good year for people who like roddy :) 

5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im gonna wait, ya it looks great and awesome and spectactular, so did mp takara grimmy, but for 200, ill take my chances and wait. :) 
    for 60 buck hasbro that will super and amazing :) 

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, i'm going to get mine locally to save on shipping.:rock  Also, I hope Hasbro acknowledges the questions they are going to receive about Rodimus during this months Q&A.

It seems so many people have taken this rumor as truth because it originated at 2am on tfw:lol . One member says "Oh man... hasbro would release this without a trailer" and it takes on a life of its own.

Go to the original thread... check out the first couple of pages... you'll see what i'm talking about. You guys are putting way to much faith into something said at 2am.

7. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

As much as I think the toy looks great, and I fully intend to buy it, I think, at least based on the pictures, saying that it has 4 modes is like saying TFA Shockwave has 4 modes. Whilst there may be instructions for switching from Hot Rod to Rodimus, there's not enough difference between them to really classify them as distinct modes.

As far as has been revealed, the big "differences" are a different face, slightly extended legs and higher back-wings - the seekers have different faces and can have their wings configured slighty differently (oooh... I think I'll leave the ailerons in place instead of folding them down), but no one would suggest that that gives them multiple distinct robot modes.

I think this is really just "Hot Rod with a trailer", since the trailer isn't actually neccessary for the robot mode.

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Which he used to do so. only certain transformers are able to do so.

that's like saying,Oswald didn't kill JFK,The gun did.

9. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yes we get it. You're a Big Rodimus fan. But thats a shitty analogy. There is no comparison to Ceasar121's post.

10. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BBTS, don't know how anything in the next year or even hinted on the horizon could be a higher priority if you are a diehard g1 fan.

11. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

We get it,some people here are not Rodimus Prime fans & have zero interest in buying the MP Rodimus Prime toy. Please don't try to ruin the enjoyment for others ,who are actually buying the MP Rodimus toy. by stomping on the character's persona,toy & so forth.

please don't ruin these MP Rodimus Prime threads with repeative negative bashing stuff. once is enough. anything more is just trying to create negative vibes & fights in these MP Rodimus threads.

saying rodimus didn't destroy unicron,the matrix did. just sounds like a bitter statement that makes zero sense.

the matrix of leadership can't move,nor walk thus it's impossible for the matrix to defeat anyone without a "chosen" one's help.

Rodimus Prime was the only chosen one at the time who was able to "open" the matrix. by holding the matrix in his hands & aiming it at unicron. Rodimus used the power of the matrix like a ultimate weapon to defeat unicron. thus Rodimus defeated unicron.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That analogy would only work if Oswald killed JFK with Excalibur or the alien weapons from District 9.

13. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Waiting for the U.S. Hasblow release.

14. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

Pre-ordered mine from Toyz and Gamez for £126.99. Not getting the Hasbro version because of what their version is. I wan't to be able to have him as Rodimus Prime aswell as Hot Rod. So this will be my first Japanese Transformer, and i cannot wait.

I said it before and i'll say it again.... He really is a masterpiece.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You may not want to be so sensitive when posting stuff. People not agreeing with your ideas does not necessarily "ruin the enjoyment" for others, and it shouldn't for you since it's just a discussion and your enjoyment of a toy shouldn't be deterred by a disagreement on an internet message board. People who aren't Hot Rod/Rodimus fans are just as capable of enjoying good Hot Rod/Rodimus figures as huge Hot Rod Rodimus fans, so I don't know what that being a fan or not being a fan of a certain character has anything to do with this.

Plus anyone saying the Matrix destroyed Unicron or whatever does not necessarily sound bitter in any way. It's just a different stance on the matter.

Saying people are taking the enjoyment out of things for you simply by disagreeing with some of your statements and to not post because of this perceived negativity can be a taken as a bit bitter, however.

16. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Even tho I would love to get MP Rodimus here in the states I am sure they will either turn
    him into either Hot Rod or Rodimus,you won't get both I am sure of that,so I am sticking
    with my Takara MP Rodimus,even tho more money you will actually get twice the enjoyment
    with him as both HR and RP.I plan on sticking with BBTS even tho amiami is way cheaper
    it is safer to get him at bbts.

17. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thank you for responding. I couldn't have said it better myself.

AmiAmi is a well known and respected online retailer. They're also a PayPal merchant and thats the only payment you can give. You're Protected.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  18. duck_yousucker

duck_yousucker Member

I don't think the audience will always reject a main character's replacement, it's just that Hasbro completely failed when they tried to do it in the 1986 movie. Takara did it a few times and they retained enough interest to keep the show going for years after it ended in the U.S. because they did it the right way.

In Headmasters, they didn't have to kill Rodimus, they just sent him "somewhere else" and followed Fortress for a while. They did the same thing in Masterforce, and even though Ginrai was replaced in Victory, the character was still there in the body of Victory Leo. I think these transitions were all successful because they didn't have to kill all the old characters, they just moved on. It also helps that Fortress, Ginrai and Star Saber didn't suck, unlike Rodimus in the U.S.

Unfortunately, i think Hasbro's total failure with Rodimus in 86 and 87 means we're stuck with Optimus and Megatron until the franchise dies. Not that I don't like them, but it's nice to have a change (Chromedome, Metalhawk, Ginrai, Star Saber) every once in a while.

On topic: I'm getting my MP9 locally at Jay's Clock, a TF dealer near Vancouver. Paying nothing for shipping really helps with an expensive figure like this.

19. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Your're right. Takara did it right. What Hasbro did was such a drastic change. Again that brings up my Scooby Doo Analogy. I think Takara saw Hasbro's FUBAR and went another direction. A slow transaction would have been a better choice for Hasbro.

As for what you said about we being stuck with Optimus and Megatron. There is nothing wrong with that. Every TF franchise reboot after G1 seems to be more successful than the other for HasTak.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  20. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

BBTS has my pre-order, as always. They've done me right in the past, and I've no problems with them thus far.