Masterpiece Rodimus Prime / Rodimus Convoy

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by alexcollier, Jan 28, 2011.

1. MEGATRON__210

MEGATRON__210 Well-Known Member

That is a GREAT price, I have actually seen that figure go for up to $500 on ebay . That said, under item desciption,

That kind of confused me. The V1 is the first release that had most of the QC issues (Back piece not locking in, knee plates falling/breaking off,ect) The V2 is the version that came out a year later that fixed all of those issues. So for seller to advertise a "V1 with factory fixed issues" is kind of contradicting.

2. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

The fact that the seller has four of these and they're all loose, and that remark in the description, all lead me to believe this is some kind of a "back door" release.

3. LeakinLubricant

LeakinLubricant Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's what I thought, but given the variable QC in the official release I thought this was worth a shot. Time will tell.

4. PrimeTarget

PrimeTarget Well-Known Member

So I finally found a good deal on a loose version of this guy.

I almost had a heart attack transforming him thinking every piece would break.

Not as bad as megatron... But close

Mine had the trunk pice on backwards and a piece of his gun fell off. Both items were able to be fixed so I am happy.

I have to say though when he is in his full truck mode he looks FANTASTIC!!!

Does any one have the book he came with scanned ?

5. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  6. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

So how does one know which version of the Takara Rodimus they have? I just received my MIB one and I have attempted to transform it due to being scared of breaking it. The original owner states that he transformed it a couple of times and I have carefully looked over all the pins and ratchets to make sure there was no stress on anything and I think j lucked out. But it would make me feel better if I knew for certain which version I had

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I sold mine off because I simply did not like the figure. I love me some Hot Rod, but this figure just didn't do it for me.

I lucked out and got one with NO QC issues - I got a Hasbro one at a TRU and he was perfectly fine, but transforming him? Almost nothing tabbed in, and that aggravated the hell out of me. I just didn't like it.

8. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here and why I've listed mine.

9. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

v1 and v2 have different dates on the box. I'm not by my collection now - I'll have to take a look later. As far as the figures go, v1's backpack generally doesn't stay tabbed in and the leg panels are a little loser and more prone to breakage. I believe v2's leg panels are designed to pop off to prevent breakage. V2's backpack stays tabbed, but the backpack hinge is prone to breakage. I've got v1, btw. It's floppy in the chest and backpack, but no breakage so far.

10. Higgs79

Higgs79 Well-Known Member

I'm a bit late to the party with this but I've just got a set of these for my 9B and I highly recommend them over the metal ones. The additional springs are the perfect solution and you wouldn't know they weren't the original joints either.

[​IMG]

11. feral prime

feral prime Well-Known Member

Do they make replacement parts for the regular version of Rodimus? If so, what parts do they make? Is there one for the backpack to help it clip in better and any links?

12. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

Where do they offer the turquoise knee replacements? I have the black ones but I would rather have ones that match the original look of the figure.

13. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the original Rodimus doesn't have knee problems.

14. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. fendetto

fendetto Well-Known Member

ill have problem with rodimus.. cant slot it back ..it has a gap.. cant properly transform to rodimus vehicle mode

Attached Files: