masterpiece prime vs 20th prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by brollicon, Jan 13, 2009.

1. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

hello i am thinking of finally getting a masterpiece prime but wanted to know everyones review of masterpiece prime mp-4 with trailer versus 20th prime and the trailers they have for him on ebay. Is there a size difference between the two and which one is better for your money

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    They are pretty much identical. 20th Prime has no trailer, battle damage paint aps, and short smoke stacks. The extra trailer made by another company does not transform. Go for MP04.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Do you really need the trailer? It's just you can save an insane amount of money by just buying Prime. I went for a THS-02 Convoy to satisfy my Prime-with-trailer needs.

4. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

I'd say forget the 20th prime and get the 25th prime. I would trade for that in a heartbeat!

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I don't see the need for getting the trailer, I'd never display MP Prime in alt mode, so the trailer just seems..unneeded.

6. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I did was bought 2 20th Primes and then I was able to pick up the MP-04 trailer from board member. Displaying Prime cab w/ trailer behind the Prime bot looks awesome. I like the battle damage look of 20th Prime over MP Prime. I picked up a couple sets of long stacks as well.

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a bit of a completist, so I picked up Prime with Trailer. I knew sooner or later that I'd pick up the trailer, so I just cut to the chase and went with MP-04. It's very cool and to me it's been worth it. The only pain is making the room to display it if you leave the trailer open; if it's closed in trailer mode than it's less of an issue but I like to display the trailers open (I do the same for THS-02 and 25th Anniversary). If price is an issue, just pick up the 20th Anniversary Prime by itself.