Minor/Repaint: Masterpiece Prime Trailer (wrong scale)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Deadsnott, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Deadsnott

Deadsnott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Picked up this trailer at a toy shop when I was on holiday. I knew that MP Prime was 1:24 scale but like a big eejit I bought a 1:32 trailer. I decided to go ahead and paint it anyway and here it is. I now appreciate even more the work some of the radicons do! I suck at it!

Attached Files:

2. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

looks nice. nice work

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice!

4. Boanerge

Boanerge Professional Lurker

That might be a good size for the classic Prime. It looks pretty good to me.

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I use a 1:32 trailer for my MP Prime. The scale actually isn't an issue if you lift the wheels.

I don't know if your trailer has a removable axle assembly. I bought a $10 toy truck from the "Fast Lane Mighty Haulers" series. I knew the scale was wrong, but the size looked close enough anyway. I took off the axle assembly, inserted some styrofoam discs, and screwed them back in. It lifted the trailer about 1/2 cm higher off the ground, and there it now connects to MP Prime without any sagging.

I screwed up the paint, though. I used masking tape as stencils for the blue stripe. The paint ate through the damn tape. Prime's blue stripe all of a sudden had the definition of Heath Ledger's Joker's lips, but blue. I cut up a Finding Nemo trailer to cover up the paint. So now, my MP Prime trailer is advertising for Finding Nemo.

Your paint job looks really good. Try to find some way to raise the trailer, and you'll be surprised how scale ceases to matter when you hook it up to MP Prime. If that doesn't work, try putting it onto Leader Movie Prime.

6. Deadsnott

Ebay:
    I had that problem at first (you can see the marks from where I had to remove the paint) but then I tried stripping the masking tape off as soon as I painted each line.

Thanks for the tips on adjusting the wheel hight Lord Of Tetris, I'll give it a go.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't feel bad, 'cause he's not 1:24 scale, more accurately, he's around 1:28, which is smack in-between the two sized *L*

8. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

I think it looks pretty good at that size.

9. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

you don't suck even with the flaws you speak of it looks slick. as far as the scale see if you can find a junker mp prime and use his rear trucks as the rear wheels it will take some modding but well worth the effort. IMO

10. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Ditto, great job IMO. A lil more work and will be even more kick arse!!!

11. Deadsnott

Ebay:
    Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, maybe I won't totally give up on modding just yet!