Masterpiece Prime Help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TwoKingMick, Oct 21, 2006.

1. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

I've just today got masterpiece prime for my collection, finally. The only problem is I don't read japanese. When i tried to transform him, i couldn't get his legs to retract into the blue lower legs. I looked up the Hasbro instructions and they seem to say press in on the oil drums and push the legs up. Mine just won't budge. Do i need to be very forceful? Is this a problem everyone had or am i missing something?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Congrats on an awesome toy, d00d. As for the legs, you need to push on one end of the drums (I can't remember, but I think it's the lower end, nearest his feet); pushing in the middle won't work.

3. Sciron

Sciron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had the same problem when I first got him. There's two ways I do it. The first is you press down on the front half of oil drums, closest to the cab, or you can try to press up on the oil drums from the side, sorta like your pushing it up towards the cab. I also could be wrong and it could be the other way. I can't check since I'm at work right now

4. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    try pulling out on the top part of the gas tank ( sorry its not an oil drum) at at the same time push the legs down into the holes.

5. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Push the Oil tanks in, at the lower parts and while holding them in, press the legs in. After releasing the oil tanks, the lages with get locked in place again.
    BTW, I don't think these are oil tanks at all. As far as I can remember from my Army service, these suppose to be air tanks that hold compressed air to the breaks systems.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Lets see.. hmm... They're called oil drums, gas tanks, and air pressure chambers in the same thread. Yet, none of these answers are correct. Being a truck driver ( meaning I have my class A CDL and drive an 18-wheeler for a living ), I can tell you that those are supposed to be fuel tanks. They hold diesel fuel, not gas. When I first starting training for my CDL, I was corrected very quickly. Truckers for some reason are particular about this. We don't stop for gas, we stop for either diesel or fuel. Trucks don't run on gas. After 4 years, I'm still not sure what the fuss is about. All I can say is that some truckers go into a rage if you call it gas. So I just made a habit of saying fuel so that no matter what I'm driving, it's correct. I fuel up my car, and I fuel up my truck.

7. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Can you post images of your truck ?

8. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

Wow, that generated a lot of debate! I managed to get the trick down of pressing one end of the Fuel drums. Thanks everyone. And yeah he is damn excellent. I've been putting off getting him for so long, and my girlfriend finally snapped and got him for my birthday. He's definatlely the most astetically pleasing transformer figure ever.

9. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

fuel

It is probably because refueling or getting diesel sounds cooler and more important the "gettin' gas" I always thought they were fuel tanks but I was always wondering why they are in such and "unsafe" place.

I do know about the larger safety factor to diesel, man if those were gas tanks they would be very dangerous. Also, I suppose they do not want rookies pulling into the normal gas pumps lol.

10. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    gas tank- fuel tank. its just a different way to say the same thing. I probably should have said fuel tanks but my quickness to reply when i saw them refered to as oildrums must have impaired my judgement. my father owns a trucking company with about 40-50 trucks, mostly peterbilts.

Hey insain galvatron who do you drive for? or are you an owner operator.