Masterpiece Optimus prime found in USA!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by signals3, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That sucks. I just saw 8 on the shelf at once. Put one on layaway. (TC's that is)

2. Xzbit

Xzbit Well-Known Member

Just got back from 2 local TRU and nothing yet not even a shelf price tag.

3. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

Yup, signed in to my account and i saw this as well. Just glad I can save some gas and time, not having to bother my local TRU. Already bothered them enough with MP Thundercracker (got it, so it paid off, I guess).

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    LET THE SLAUGHTE...ERR I mean HUNT BEGIN!!!!

I hope they overstock the hell out of this guy. Their's no way I am not getting MP Optimus Prime.

5. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    This is going to be REALLY hard to find :( 

6. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I hope y'all find one folks.

As for me I'm tired of dealing with scalpers which are notorious in my part of the Bay Area.
    I'm glad I reserved mine online last week when TRU had em in stock. :) 

7. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

has it changed so much in a couple/few weeks? When i was there they sold out shipments pretty much same day or next day. They were getting between 8-12 per shipment which came every few days or so. If you see 40 there and then 40 there the next time, it might not be the same 40. Seriously when I was there I physically saw one other guy get one, and teh secuirty guard on the way out asked me about the figure since he just saw 6-7 or so go out within 2 hours. i doubt they are "shelf warming" for weeks.

8. Keiichi

Keiichi Well-Known Member

That date just indicates the date that status update was added. I guessing you made your pre-order on the 23rd? I made mine on the 24th so mine says "Item(s) on hold until release date: 09 / 24 / 12".

9. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Could we set up a dedicated "WANT" thread for this guy as well as Thundercracker to help the searchers?

10. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if some TRU's are simply skipping MP "THUNDER CRACKER" in favor of MP Optimus Prime?

11. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it will be as hard as Thundercracker. It's Prime, the flagship figure for the Transformer line. Hasbro will put out a ton of these. The price tag will hopefully prevent some people from buying 4 at a time (as has been reported for some places with TC). They have been available for a while on Ebay since HK had them. There's a lot of things in favor of actually being able to find these easier than TC.

12. mjaSoundwave

mjaSoundwave Well-Known Member

I hope your right. I am going to try going in tomorrow and speak to the manager at my local TRU.

I am going to try to get him, I just don't want to fight scalpers...... I hate to ask or to trouble anyone on these boards, but if for whatever reason I cannot get a hold of one could someone here if they so happen to grab an extra one send it my way. Hopefully the manager I know will be in tomorrow....

13. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Hopefully the mods will make a MP Optimus thread in the Items for sale section like they did with MP Thundercracker. That way board members can pick them up for those that didn't get him. I guess it all depends on his actual availability.

14. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

Really? An extra $30 per MP Prime is going to make a difference? I don't think so. In fact, I think scalpers will flock to Prime more than they did with TC, at least until TRU shows that they've got significant stock. Not to mention, MP Prime is the perfect figure for people to buy and sit on for a few years, then at least double their money when they sell.

15. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    ^Really? Is 20th anniversary mp01 worth any more than it was originally sold for?
    Nice sig pic, btw.

16. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

Yes. Here's an Ebay link for reference: Optimus Prime Masterpiece 20th Anniversary DVD edition BRAND NEW!! | eBay

That version of 20th Prime (it's the 2nd one that was released, with the blue gun) sold for $70 MSRP. I bought two at Target on clearance for $17.50 and still have one MIB. Also, I'd bet that MP-01 would be worth even more if MP-10 had never come out.

Thanks re: the sig pic.

17. Transformified

Transformified Member

I go to the Times Sq TRU nearly every day. There's literally a column of TCs stacked 5 feet high and another dozen at the bottom of a shelf. They are not flying off the shelves, I promise you. When I go there, usually around lunchtime, there are hardly any people even sniffing around the Transformers area. I don't believe they've gotten new shipments of TCs because the same ones look untouched to me. You might have gone three or four weeks ago before this huge recent shipment arrived. It's possible that they restack a 5 foot tall column of TCs each and every night...

18. CankleBreaker

CankleBreaker Robot

Damn, how do you guys figures on clearance for so cheap? Similar to others who got Skywarp...

19. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

The 25th Aniversary Optimus Prime @ Walmart was what? $75? And this is going to be much nicer and only $25 more. I think it's going to be hard to find if you wait for a sale, but again its just IMO. All depends on actual numbers that TRU's get. If they get as many as the Armada Unicrons then sure it's going to sit around and get clearanced. If it get x2 as many as MP Thundercracker I think it will fly off the shelves still.

20. reave

reave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Long smokestacks, HOORAY!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.