Masterpiece MP08 Grimlock Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by S250, Mar 9, 2009.

1. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    They usually get the stuff at least 1 week after it's released in Japan. At least.

2. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it must be interesting for takara to update a diaclone toy thats 25 years old, ok, i know that the classics toys do a similar thing (hound/seekers) but this one is soooo faithful to the original toy.

3. Shankz

Shankz Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a more realistic t-rex mode with this one. The bot-mode is great, but the alt..not so much (though cartoon accurate). I've never been crazy about the straight legs and rubber ducky tail he had in the cartoon and old G1 toy. If classics didn't have the gene simmons dragon boot action going on, I'd consider it perfect.

Though I'll admit if this were released domestically and cheaper like Starscream was, I'd probably consider.

4. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I preordered this bad boy yesterday. With only a couple new Universe figures left, I'll have very few other TF buys for the foreseeable future. The price tag sucks though, admittedly.

5. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Yup. That's how I'm justifying my purchase. The price blows but with the movie toys coming out, my lack of interest in animated, it'll be a long hibernation til' Classics 3.0 rolls out. I figured I'll splurge on this guy, plus it helps when I have BBTS store credit to help pay for this sucker. ;) 

6. G3500

G3500 Active Member

I wonder if takaratomy will go this route one day? a bigger scale grimlock classified as a deluxe figure, probably wishful thinking..regardless I love the detail and articulation of the figure and might consider buying it.

I have a feeling takara tomy is testing new waters for smaller scaled transformers toys ex: alternity nissan gt-r, starscream, grimlock. Maybe starscream/grimlock are the new scale? Wish they made megs/prime smaller then, to match up with this new possible scale..

7. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hes a must have for sure!!! So far he is the best looking MP in both mode to date....for $150 I wish he was as big as MP Prime. I WILL HAVE HIM!!!!

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    overcomplicated the tail section TF, but overall, pretty f-in' sweet.
    yet, i am bothered by the nagging thought that this level of quality/size class and lights/gimmicks is do-able, but hasbro can't seem to bring it to us in a far more affordable manner.

the adjustable individual claws...that little detail sold me on this bad boy. may have to wait and hope for a discounted one, but i want this one.

(woulda gotten a Megatron, but as hard a time as i have with current TFU 2.0's, i woulda broke Megs on day 1.
    this Grimmy looks durable even in my hands.

9. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    I feel the complete opposite. Not saying you're wrong or I'm right, just that my preference is for what you don't like about the toy. that's cool. it is what it is, and people have their preference. I prefer the non-anatomically correct Tyrannosaurus...partly because it's show accurate, but mostly because (imo) the dinobots don't need to disguise themselves...they *should* look "unnatural"...reminds everyone of their freakish force and durability.

10. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I would love to see a pic of this guy next to BT Grimlock

11. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

LOVE IT. I'm not crazy about how the tail "sort of" connects to the torso in dinosaur mode, but I can live with it. And aside from the scale issue, as compared with Masterpiece Optimus Prime or Megatron, I'd say this is just about perfect. I wish I had a job so I could preorder one, but I'll have to wait.

12. fiire_dragon_88

fiire_dragon_88 Andimus Prime Time

I thought it was something like that, but I was too lazy to google some images, thanks.

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Looks cool. I'm anxiously awaiting his release.

14. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

15. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    The size is my only issue but once i touch him that will most likely fade away.

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    giggity.

17. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

I wish he were a little larger, and had some diecast heft, he is still totally badass. But what happened to his crown?!

At any rate, I still pre-ordered him.

And now we play the waiting game...

18. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    This should be the official scale for the MP line. I always thought that MP-01 was way too big and it was a shame that Megatron had to be re-scaled in order to match Prime. I'm glad they got rid of MP-01 as a scale reference. I think some time in the future we'll see a better Masterpiece Prime in the proper scale with Grimlock.

19. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

and a MP Megatron closer to Grimlock's size would probably be a more realistically sized gun as well. They really did set the scale too high with Prime.

20. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

would a more properly scaled Megatron correspond to more problems in shipping it internationally? Even then, if they did make a smaller Megatron I would be more concerned with it being more cartoon accurate (arms and below the waste.)

When it comes to Grimlock, I'm just gonna hold out for the inevitable American release which will hopefully be less than $100 and have the crown from the comics.