Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron 2.0 In Hand Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by MachineHeart88, Mar 17, 2017.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I owe you nothing but here's the screenshot of my Amazon JP cancelled orders page.

And I never said how inferior MP-36 was to Apollyon. I simply stated the features of the original G1 Megatron toy that I felt Apollyon replicated better than MP-36. And I also defended the idea that MP-36 was built by angels in heaven and Apollyon by a blind man in the sewer with no hands.

Hardly the same thing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  2. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

I love a good ol fashion witch hunt

Apollyon did make for a more realistic walther P38 then Mp-36

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  3. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    In the silver paint, yes, in the proportions, no, apollyon's gun mode is too square to even call it a gun, even worse a walther p38.

4. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

Oh hell no that robot mode is fugly even if it is nice and shiny

• Like Like x 1
  5. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

So, I'm not the only one who feels that Apollyon is accurate to something G1. Not too knock the figures for anyone who like them but Despo and Might are not G1 anything accurate enough for me to have even considered them contenders. They're not toy accurate or inspired in any way except they go from Gun to Megatron. They certainly aren't toon based at all. And for me to be a MP it needs to be G1 something and not just look like the character enough to say...ah, that's Megatron. Apollyon IMO is a good toy based design with some toon details Megatron, MP36 is without a doubt the toon Megatron.

And it does suck that Apollyon has the reputation for almost non existent QC in his earlier run and better but still not refined QC in the second one. The figure is basically the equivalent to MP10 in the old direction of the MP line, except the face has never grown on me, nowhere near accurate enough. But mine is a fairly good quality piece and despite the face looks good being Shockwave and Soundwave on my shelf, almost like I'm looking at those three 30 years ago had they had the modern articulation, and Megatron not has such skinny legs and hips and Shockwaves color be damned because it still doesn't bother me the clor he is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. shadowfall1976

A lot of modern guns are squarish, and Apollyon is not that squared in alt mode, accurate to a P38 no, but looks like a Gun...yes. Its just that his bulk in gun mode makes it more toyish than real, but despite that, he looks just like a Gun.

7. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    That's my point, the actual walther p38 isn't that square, apollyon does looks like a gun, but not a walther p38, you easily can put the name of another gun (modern or old), and you can trust it.

But here ironically the most accurate mode gun to a realistic walther p38 is the mp-05.

8. shadowfall1976

He does technically actually look like one in an homage sort of way, has all the main details in the right places, but just not accurately enough to actually pass for one no. Actually other than the G1 toy, that's the only thing that MP5 actually excels above all others on.

9. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Megatron isn't a P-38, he's a fancy space rifle and it looked pretty blocky in the toon...
    People seem to be getting antsy.:D 

10. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

I guess you're right.
    Out of 9 posts on this page, I can only see three. I like the "ignore feature"!

• Like Like x 3
  11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    iDarkDesign5_zpsgkp4lunr.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

I'm hoping the inevitable Toyhax set recreates the red tech detailing look on the inner legs. And the hairy chest of the toy...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hellscream12345

Hellscream12345 Me King~

And some 'leading' third party thinks they are stealing major sales from Takara after the official Hotrod and Shockwave has been released/releasing,and made two more repaints in the same wrong scale and ugly proportions, illogical as Shockwave would've said. This is the most excited MP after Optimus Prime, hope there's no delay. The leaked sample looks pretty much finish, I shall have Megatron within two weeks when I fly to Asia if they release him early over there.

Back when his primary weapon attach to his hip, a real macho robot:D 

Megatron superior, apolly.. what? inferior. period. In comparison, well there's nothing to compare.

• Like Like x 2
  14. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

I think the first add-on is going to be a neck for him since he doesn't have one.

15. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pfff....already got my masterpiece megatron, lol.

[​IMG]

For the smart, educated buyers, just let these fools pickup MP-36 and have them discover all the QC issues. Why spend your money when you can allow these guinea pigs to be test subjects. Have you not learned from Ramjet, Thrust, Hot Rod. Then wait for the inevitable KO and upscaled KO to address and fix these issues, as well as improve on the mold. Win-win.

16. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    YEAHHH!! Fuck those assholes at Takara!

And fuck the plebs that actually buy that shit! Serves em right the goddamn retards!!

I'm with you BuddaMonk....I also subscribe to your philosophy of Buddhism....fuck everyone else and always look out for NUMBER ONE!!

Better yet, kick some dork in the nuts and take his shitty MP 36 right out of his hands. He wasn't smart or educated enough to hold on to it, so his loss.

You get to kick a nutsack AND free toy! Win-win.

• Like Like x 17
  17. IgTerminals

IgTerminals Force Chip - Ignition!

Yeah, let's not put money back into Takaras design teams. Let's not fund the backbone of the Transformers franchise at all. Let's buy the KOs instead, the ones that don't have to spend any money on design.
    Smart, educated buyers? Ha!

Also, my Hotrod was and is perfect. With regard to Ramjet and Thrust, yeah, I do actually agree. But after 11 distinct versions and at least 3 more variant colours, i think the MP-3/ MP-11 mold should be retired.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Zethrofax

Zethrofax Well-Known Member

Apollyon cost 160 initially. I am getting MP36 for 176 shipped. And I promise it will hold its value akin to MP10. Conversely there are many on this forum and ebay trying to unload your figure (that have to have multiple revisions due to qc) at a third of its initial cost. The value of the figure is plummeting due to lack of demand in favor of better options. I am acknowledging that the other 3rd party offerings play into that as well. The bottom line is Apollyon has been relegated to a footnote along with MP5 as engineering and design have surpassed it. No one cares anymore. Let it go.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's posts like these that do nothing but add to the divide in the fandom and strengthen the radical ends of the idiocy.
    Liking one offering or another is NO reason to insult your fellow collectors or the things they enjoy.
    If you want to support 3P, then so be it. If you want to support knock offs, then so be it. That's your right as a collector, and that must be respected.
    It is NOT your right to insult others because they like something you apparently don't, so if you must, say your peace and move on.
    This total lack of common courtesy to fellow fans is unacceptable.

• Like Like x 11
  20. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

Can't we all just get along? The way I see it:

• The people who like the TT take on MP Megs get an official TT Megs in the modern post-MP10 style. Fucking finally.
    • People who were happy with one or more of the 3P options still have them.
    • The release of TT Megs will likely drive the 3P price down for anyone still in the market for them.
    • There are now more bitchin' Megatrons in the world.

How is this not win-win for everyone?

• Like Like x 5