Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron 2.0 In Hand Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by MachineHeart88, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    If you look in the corresponding 3P threads whenever a TT version gets announced, there's often a lot of kneejerk reacting.

The Shockwave threads were not pretty a year and a half ago.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IgTerminals

IgTerminals Force Chip - Ignition!

Got beaten by Ratchet. Twice. Cyclonus and Scourge took him out. Got his arse kicked by Galvatron too. Prime and Magnus very nearly beat him together, before Megs used his internal circuitry to tap in to the antimatter of a black hole.
    Just sayin'.
    I'm a G1 comic guy through and through.

• Like Like x 3
  3. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Someone give this man a medal, it's one thing I've always said. When a third party makes a good rendition of a character you think; "Wow, that's a nice take on character x!" but when TT has its take on a character; you'll go; "Wow, that is character x, no 'and' 'ifs' and 'buts'!" Like you said, enjoyable transformations, subtleties in capturing likeness, face-sculpts and proportions they able to recreate in their figures from the cartoon is unrivalled. It's an intangible X factor they seem to have which most third parties struggle to imitate, no amount of die-cast or shiny chrome can make up for this lack of artistic talent.

As far a I'm concerned it's 8-0 to TT vs third party. And until this trend has been bucked I'll always wait for a TT figure when it's very, likely a character they will make.

As for these pretenders to the throne of the Decepticons, MP-36 mops them up so hard it's embarrassing, it almost makes you want to ask; "Which G1 cartoon were they even watching!?" Mightron was a fairly decent stand in at best, Chugstertron is just chugsterpiece and Apollyon is just hot garbage, the MEH face, MEH feet kibble, MEH granny underwear diaper and rubbish QC. Apollyon is simply a desecration and a besmirchment to the word masterpiece. He only sold because desperate fans were willing to fill a gaping hole in their collections and he was the only thing available at the time, had he been released today, I don't think he would have even sold five copies, he's awful.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Zethrofax

Zethrofax Well-Known Member

that's exactly what I am saying. both sides feel the need to try to definitively prove the opposing viewpoint wrong. typically by employing the gradeschool tactic of mocking attributes of the figure they dont like by calling it "lilac-wave" it's not like I couldnt see the color until they pointed it out. I just actually liked it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Right and wrong. First, I'm just talking about the US run and Megatron never fought Cyclonus & Scourge or Magnus & Optimus.

He did fight Galvatron in the US run , but we don't know how that fight would've ended; and Megatron did put up quite a fight in that, even though he was dazed and confused.

And Ratchet never beat Megatron in physical combat in the US comics. The first time Ratchet attacked him Megatron was so convinced of his own power that he just brushed it off. And then the edge of cliff gave way beneath him. The second time Ratchet jsut grabbed hold of him so Megatron couldn't escape. In neither of those instances was Megatron beaten in physical combat. He lost, but not because he was overpowered of gotten the better of him. Circumstances were just against him. A completely different situation than the cartoon series where he lost every episode from whomever fought him that week.

6. IgTerminals

IgTerminals Force Chip - Ignition!

Why would you only talk about the US run?
    ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Winners should be able to overcome their circumstances. Heck, Megatron became the leader because he had overcome his "old" circumstances. Now he's suddenly a victim. So basically he's a loser.

But then again, no Transformers can overcome their circumstances because the so called circumstances include the fickle mind of writer, fans, children's expectations of Good triumphing over Evil, and heck it may involve some alcohol here and there.

Back in the real world, I am sure tomorrow is THE DAY when I'll be able to overcome needing to go to the toilet. I win!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Years ago people argued QB must not be copying QW because there's only one way transforming Shockwave. Then TT came in to prove there's another way.

• Like Like x 4
  9. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    Anybody else here refreshing this dude's youtube page to see if he posted another video? I know I am. lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    He probably agreed to not show anymore until release date.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    As a good canon example of this, Brawn is a short, stocky and squat little cuss, but he's arguably the strongest of the original Ark crew.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Any transformation video yet?

13. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I think this one might be accurate. It's based on magazine scans:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    So advanced stage 5 origami?

• Like Like x 3
  15. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Well it's Megatron, his transformation is the origin of the English phrase: "tightly wound".

• Like Like x 1
  16. gjcv1408

gjcv1408 Well-Known Member

a lot of peeps here like 3p tf. i like to collect TT tf. when i saw QB and QW, i like i have to have them. then i waited until i finally heard TT coming with the official shockwave .. so far i like the color, the transformation is genius and fun., i wanted to get 3p megs but i waited and waited until TT announce an offical megs... jazz is another one i like to get from 3p.. but now im gonna wait bec i can feel that TT will be coming out with an official MP jazz soon . inferno and grapple blows out the 3p with that sweet hidden ladder/crane transformation. dont get me wrong. all these tranformers from 3p looks great but i prefer the official ones. only 2 more weeks for megs to ship from AJ.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MachineHeart88

MachineHeart88 Active Member

News Credits:
    I think I will not do anything else and the video review of this product is for more reputable channels. But... maybe ^^

• Like Like x 5
  18. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    I hope you will show us another video. You will get better at it. Don't worry about what other think or say. I promise most of us here would want you to do another video.

• Like Like x 4
  19. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  20. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I don't know if that's the full translation. I read somewhere that it flips under the arm, to hang at the hip, reminiscent of the G1 transformation.
    Also why the barrel is on the far right side, behind the arm I assume.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2