Masterpiece MP-33 Inferno

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wade2501

wade2501 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Got Inferno in the other day and, wow, he is just fantastic. One of my favorite MPs. The engineering is wonderful and since I love the Toon look, he nails it for me.

Never thought I'd be this happy to have an Inferno toy.

2. ahunter858

ahunter858 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I preordered Inferno back then from Premium Collectibles and still haven't received a shipping notice. In fact, I preordered a lot of stuff from them but haven't received anything yet. I've emailed him before and he told me that I'm far in the que for inferno and that he didn't have the SOC Voltron yet. Anyone else order from them and have theses issues? I think their customer service sucks because they don't respond to my questions or issues. I really hope they're legit. Any info on this matter would be much appreciated.

3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I got both Inferno and Ironhide today. there is definitely a shift in the aesthetic (I was listening to WTF@TFW episode 443 today and the crew all said much the same about Inferno). It's a little jarring, but I'm quickly getting used to it. I've already added Badcube Sunsurge and GenerationToy J4zz to my MP lineup, and I'm okay with some stylistic differences.

I think Inferno is a great figure. I like the bunch of appropriate accessories he comes with, and the transformation feels delightful. I may see if I want a reprolabels set, but if not, I'm okay with him naked.

I still want to figure out where stickers 3 and 4 go.

• Like Like x 2
  4. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...likewise, i can't find any clear indication of the intended location for stickers 3/4...

5. Psvforever

Psvforever Active Member

Need help. Last night inferno took a tumble from the shelf whatever day he landed he's fine but the peg inside the water effect piece broke!! I'm super feiced off, is there a way to fix these parts or a place I could order? Or wait till the ko comes out?

6. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i snapped a peg off my DX9 slag recently, which i intend to fix with liquid plastic cement: as long as it's set and cured properly, that stuff bonds as strong as the original plastic...

...haven't quite figured out how i'll remove the snapped-off peg from its hole yet, but i'm considering a drop of cyanoacrylate on the tip of toothpick, set to pull the peg out, then snapped-off with hobby blade afterward...

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about that. My first thought would be to get a replacement water effect accessory from Takara. Unfortunately and unlike 3rd party companies, there's no way to request/order extra parts and accessories from Takara. Takara seriously needs to start offering support for parts and accessories. I recently picked up an extra rifle from MakeToys for Downbeat (MP Jazz) so now he can dual wield.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, buddy!

I thought after getting Grapple I would somehow be less impressed with this figure but I still feel the same way, he's immaculate, I still prefer Grapple, though but I like it as much as I did before, awesome figure.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I assume you are talking about actionfiguren and ntf.
    There prices are always inflated.
    Just cross the border and you'll find better prices at TF robots and Gerrutcamaro.
    But i dont see how importing can be much cheaper, even without importduties the taxes add 30 euro to an order of 120 euros.
    Those NY prices would have to be ass-cheap

• Like Like x 1
  10. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Both shops which you mention are still expensive. Importing from Nippon Yasan (NY) or better from Anime-Export is much cheaper than purchasing from any reseller in The Netherlands. None of my orders have ever been intercepted by customs, so no import taxes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Oh :lol  Well that's another matter. Yeah, that could sure beat the price of an importer.

12. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

So my mind might be playing tricks on me, but wasn't there a post when this first released showing an add-on someone had come up with to store the fire hose in vehicle mode? Just got this guy in-hand and really wanted to spruce up the alt mode (plus I love accessory storage capabilities)

13. Ultra Martin

Ultra Martin Well-Known Member

Hallo Arie,
    What are the delivery costs of those companies you mention?
    Indeed. those Dutch shops are very expensive:mad: 

14. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    I paid about 81 euros including shipping for Ratchet for example. If I would have pre-ordered at Gerrut Camaro instead, I would have had to pay about 102 euros including shipping. That is a difference of 21 euros in my favor, plus I got Ratchet faster.

An even more shocking example is my order of Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen, which I ordered all 3 at once for about 131 euros in total including shipping. If I would have ordered all 3 at Gerrut Camaro instead, it would have cost me 232 euros in total including shipping. If you divide both total amounts by 3, the difference is about 33 euros per Masterpiece which I saved.

For both orders mentioned above, the delivery costs were about 23 euros, but you end up paying a lot less per Masterpiece and you get them faster too. Just make sure you do not order at companies such as HLJ, as your package will be intercepted then by customs. Choose a company which ships in unmarked boxes and which declares a lower value on the box, such as AE. Avoid NY, they will screw you over eventually.

15. Ultra Martin

Megatron for almost 135,- Euro's????:drool: 
    You pay almost 100,- Euro's more by Gerrut Camaro and Tf Robots!
    I almost cannot believe it.
    But unfortunatly, it's sold out:mad: .

16. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Resellers have to make a profit too, hence the higher price, but if you do not have to use them... Always make sure to place your order as soon as a pre-order goes live, otherwise it will indeed be sold out. You might still be able to purchase Megatron for a lower price from other Japanese web shops perhaps, although you will not get a pre-order discount anymore.

Megatron will be released in April, together with various reissues. I have pre-ordered both reissues of the cassette sets of Soundwave and I had to pay less than 25 euros per cassette set, so 50 euros in total. You cannot even purchase KO's for that price here. ;)  If Megatron and both cassette sets get shipped together, then I will save some more on shipping costs too.

17. Skullhammer

Skullhammer Powermaster

I agree, every package from HLJ was stuck in customs.

18. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Anyone buy 2 so that you could put Generation 2 symbols on one of them? Any good ideas on modifications?

19. Ultra Martin

Thank you for your advice, wish I've asked you earlier:( .
    If I see what I've spend on Masterpieces here in the Netherlands....... (On top Apollyon, bought by TF Robots for 180,- Euro..... now for half the price:banghead: ).
    But even I want MP36 badly, I'm not bying it for the skyhigh prices those dutch shops are asking (229,- Euro's:buttrock ).

20. Ultra Martin

But back on topic: last week I've bought Inferno and I love it very much.
    Great transformation.:) 

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.