Masterpiece Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rizzlemus_Prime, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Rizzlemus_Prime

Rizzlemus_Prime Bounty Hunter

I have just recently purchased masterpiece megatron mp05 after hearing all over the net that its very fragile and stuff I have been very nervous to transform it am I being paranoid?

2. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

I've never transformed mine either, but from what I understand, as long as you are very careful, you should be okay. There are loads of threads on the boards about potential problems you might encounter during the MP-05 Transformation and how to overcome them.

And if you search on youtube for Masterpeice Megatron Transform, you get quite a few walkthroughs with hints and tips.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on. If yours works, I might try transforming mine...:D 

3. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    Transformer toy discussion :) 

4. FatMick Prime

FatMick Prime Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

News Credits:
    I've managed transforming it a few times, with no breakage (other than pop-off bits popping off!). It does take a while though - you should allow yourself at least a good half an hour first time you do it.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Parts are sure to pop off, but if you take you time and follow the instructions to a T, then you should be alright. I recommend taking the shoulder pads and hip armour off first, since they'll just get it the way.

I transfom mine all the time, which I probably shouldn't be doing, because one day I dropped it and broke two tabs. But hey, a small price to pay considering how high he fell. Basically what I'm saying is, the figure likes to throw it's weight around when you TF it, so be careful and transform it on a couch or something soft.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've only transformed mine twice, the first when I got him, right when he was released. The second was last week and surprisingly, I did it completely from memory. I like how intuitive MP Megatron is, surprisingly similar to the G1 version in basic transformation.

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i am paranoid when i transform mine.i set him on a bed or couch and take off all the loose parts and arm cannon to be safe.he can be a pain in the ass but with the upgrade kit he looks awesome as a gun displayed

8. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I've transformed mine a ton of times.

I did break a little tab inside the piece his barrel is attached to, but it didn't hurt anything.

Just be careful and don't force anything.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Just go VERY slow the first time and don't try to force anything. I made sure to take my time the first time I transformed mine and it took about an hour and 45 minutes. Then it only took me about 20 minutes to get it back to robot mode. It's not a mainline kiddie toy it's a fragile collector's item, so if you treat it like one you'll be fine! :) 

10. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    He's going to break when you take him out of the box. You just spent $100 on legos that dont hold together very long :lol 

Kidding, just had to make you more paranoid as these MP-05 threads are pretty much a monthly thing now.

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    If you buy Megatron and never hold his gun mode, you've only paid for half a toy. Gun TFs are awesome.

12. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    Be very carefull, people have snapped him in half.

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i took 45 minutes by first time, then about 20-30 to put him back...and have only transformed him two times, maybe 3....