Masterpiece Megatron Yea Or Nay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Feb 8, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I'm seriously considering getting a MP Megatron. Should I get it or not? Is it as awesome as it looks?

I'm especially interested in hearing from those of you who already own it. For those of you who don't like it, don't be afraid to express your opinion on it as well. I want to hear aboout whatever negative aspects of MP Megs there are.

Thanks to anyone who posts.

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I think that Megatrons is, along with MP Optimus Prime one of those pieces that is a must have for any colector, for the sher incon that it is.

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm quite happy with my own. It's not perfect in every way, but it's pretty impressive overall.

4. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    As a display piece with MP Prime... Yea. As a toy you will play with... Nay.

5. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    There isnt a more evil looking toy. MP-05 is really skeletal because his limbs have to be thin for him to transform into a gun.

When you take him out of the box you'll noticed he's really light, and some of his pieces will come off with little or no effort. But don't be afraid to fiddle with him. His joints are really really tight, so it'll take a while before they move the way you want them to. I only own about 20 TFs, and I'd say MP-05 is a must own for any type of collector.

6. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

If you have the cash buy him. I did and love him. As previously stated he is abit flimsy and maybe a bit high in cost but he looks great in robot mode and comes with some nice extras.

7. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

Mine just came in the mail yesterday, and it was a great day for me. Masterpiece Megs is awesome on so many levels it defies description and is worth its price tag. HOWEVER...as been stated before, it is more of a collectors piece. You can transform it, in fact, I believe if you are brave enough to do so you have to transform him just once to really appretiate the work put into him, but after that, it's wise to either display him or leave him in the box.

Megs is awesome, but extremely difficult to transform, especially since you are always worrying about breaking him. My advice is if you really want him, get him, transform him once and keep him for display purposes and the occasional "pose fest" with your other figures to show off how cool he is.

also...your fingers will hurt from transforming...*sucks on his poor blistered finger*

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I sold mine after only a few months of owning it, did not like it at all, even as a display piece. I know I'll be on the minority on this one though but ya I was very disappointed with it.

9. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    It's worthwhile just to have a large, fairly accurate G1 Megs. That said, his legs are way too puny in bot mode, and there's a lot of thin/tiny pieces involved in transforming said legs. He's ridiculously top heavy and fragile, so once you get him to stand, never touch him again, because he's definitely a show piece only. I transformed mine once and it was the most stressed out I can imagine being while playing with a toy.

10. DinobotGrimlock

DinobotGrimlock Well-Known Member

I love mine and wouldn't trade it unless it came down to him or Optimus. But I can understand why some people would get rid of theres his legs and arms are skinny but his chest is perfect. I have never transformed him fully for fear of breaking him but after hearing that it is a common thing for him to be stiff I might try again. Either way he is fun to have out with Prime. (I like to play out the scene from the movie with Touch in the background) The nice thing that is an improvement over my 20th anniversary Optimus is that his hands have a slit in the back of his palm that allow him to hold things better, since it isn't just his fingers. If you are ok with not transforming him a ton then I say get him.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He's pretty clunky , but looks decent posed with MP Prime.
    Posing him can be a bitch, and pieces fall off alot.
    I just keep mine mib for the bragging rights :lol 

I do like the idea of having an oversized , complicated G1 Megatron.

12. Red04Cobra

Red04Cobra Well-Known Member

I love mine. You can get him some pretty neat poses that really give off that evil maniacial vibe.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Did you get the scope addon set for him?

I hav'nt yet, but heard it was quality made. I need to check out some review threads for it.

14. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Yes.

Get him.

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine is a total piece of crap, pieces fall off, paint scratches all over, tarnish build up on feet and spine, every problem ever reported with this toy, mine has it, and guess what, I STILL LOVE IT!!!!!! Looks bad ass and is fun to transform. Yes!!!!!

16. Red04Cobra

Red04Cobra Well-Known Member

Not yet. When I ordered mine through TFSource they had the package deal where you could get MP Megs and the scope parts for $140 but I didn't have the extra money then. I've heard the same as you though, that's it's quality stuff. I figure i'll pick it up eventually.

17. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best Transformers toy EVER. I got two.

18. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Get him, no collection is complete without him.

Mine had the tarnish issue, but a cotton ball and some alcohol cleaned it right off. It was gross how much yellow crap came off.

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    A most definite Yea. I still need the scope add on set. Gah, stupid money!

20. Binaltech Tech

Binaltech Tech Covert Operative

I'm not that impressed with it. I've got mine for sale. $95 shipped.