Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 is happening in 2017!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Read through this thread from page 1, you're sure to find what you seek.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

I was previously leaning towards Despotron, but I think this will be my definitive Megs. Only thing I can see so far to deduct marks on is the jigsaw puzzle back.

But hey if you prefer one of the 3Ps then get that instead. They all look great to my eye.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    I think each option for Megatron offers something for everyone.

Masterpiece - G1 Animation
    Apollyon - Original toy
    Mightron - "Real Life" G1 Animation
    Despotron - Comics

At least that's how I've viewed them all. Each has their pros and cons but all can exist to serve the consumer. For me personally, I want something that represents what I saw on old VHS tapes when I was first discovering Transformers back in the early 2000's.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Ar least it's the first megatron i know that involves everything in the transformation.
    It breaks some of the tendency of the usual transformation that every company uses for megs.(even more than despotron).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:

I actually don't think apollyon matches in the "g1 toy", even mp36 have some and more details of the original toy that apollyon didn't had, i think it's more g1 in real life than mightron, mightron just don't matches for me on every thing.

But except for the trigger crotch, mp05 it's just the toy upscaled.

6. Sam

Sam It's over Prime

News Credits:
    No one else gets Megatron's lower legs any where near right. The difference between these designers who have been working on transformers for years and the 3rd party novists is evident.

• Like Like x 12
  7. oku

oku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Despotron is a oversized RTS Legends Class Megatron

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Ya, think it's the legs for MP Megatron. The chests and upper body are pretty good across the board, 3P and official. Appolyon was the first to be an MP10 scale Megatron and won me over with me thinking we wouldn't get an official for quite some time. The newer ones were looking pretty good from the waist up but the legs always deterred me (Appolyon isn't any better in that department but being first, he got a pass there).

Now, MP Megatron isn't quite the overall style I was hoping for (and I'm still hoping for a toy coloured silver with red version down the road) but as an official MP transforming Megatron, he nails almost every aspect of the character I want on my shelf. The contour of the legs certainly being one of those aspects. With the correct (ie my desired toy coloured version) paint scheme he'd be pretty much perfect in my eyes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. artimus prime

artimus prime primed artist

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I was originally onboard with Despotron until they revealed the final headsculpt and faces. His legs are a bit chunky but overall he cleans up the best, official or 3P.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HolyCulture

HolyCulture 죽어도좋아

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Am I the only one that feels that, while owning a few different 3p Megatrons, official TT megs is some sort of wizardry? It looks impossible. It's so perfect. Really? Only me??

• Like Like x 1
  11. treize0

treize0 80s kid stuck in an old man's body. Let me out!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. HolyCulture

HolyCulture 죽어도좋아

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Korean name in the top corner. Haha it's cool to see lots of Korean in things these days. Or maybe that I can read it now I'm just noticing it more often.

• Like Like x 2
  13. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Come on man...it's better, it IS...it's...it's.....

You're right. It's shit. It's fucking shit. And we all know it. We're just lying to ourselves. Just trying to feel.....something...anything.

Apollyon was the absolute pinnacle of transforming toy design. I heard that the guy that sculpted it jumped to his death off a bridge in China after it was finished cause he knew no other toy would ever be better, and therefore his life no longer had any meaning. The first person to actually transform the first test shot got stigmata on both hands and they say a drop of his blood can cure blindness.

Which is a damn good thing. Cause if you stare directly at Apollyon on a clear day...you WILL go blind.

• Like Like x 16
  14. treize0

treize0 80s kid stuck in an old man's body. Let me out!

Legend has it if you say Apollyon three times in front of a mirror in a dark room during a storm at midnight Chuck Norris will show up and roundhouse kick you so hard you will wake up back in the 80s

• Like Like x 14
  15. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Lol true.

16. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Well, for me, are this reasons:

-When apollyon came out and i bought him, i had the same problems as anothers of the bad articulation, very easy to break the arms, the crotch fliped out with only a touch, oh the crotch, it's just an abomination the crotch, it was unposable, and was disappointing for me.
    It was literally a just down-scaled version of the mp-05.

It can be a good piece for display, only when you don't look at the headsculpt or the legs..
    [​IMG]

-And despotron: it's the first megatron of the third parties that i can say:"what a great figure".
    Seriously, it's the first megs who i had a good experience.

BUT, the proportions of the abdomen and the arms, the headsculpt and the silver they used on it (idk why still puts silver on the head, it's annoying and you can't see the real sculpt), and the fact that you can't put his logo properly because of the transformation, i still consider it in a lower level than mp-36. But i'm still happy with my purchase, it's truly a good fig.
    [​IMG]

-And MP-36: i need to wait to see if it's a solid figure, in the sense of that he can hold everything without problem. But if we talk about we see in the pictures, its simply a superior level than the others, it's just a REALLY dynamic figure:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's the most complete pack of any megatron ever, it has much detail too show in a good way.
    [​IMG]
    It feels with soul, has some details that kills every figure in my book.

Oh and it's first megs that made decent legs (a beautiful legs), have the best sculpt in the face, and it doesn't have the bad effect of the TRANSLUCENT EYEEEEEEES.

(But i still like despotron hehe)

• Like Like x 11
  17. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's also the only modern iteration, not counting the first MP version, of the character that is designed by the IP owner's team, so no weird design elements needed added or 'slightly altered' to keep it legal.
    It's also the only one that looks EXACTLY like G1 cartoon Megatron should look. Everything about it, from what's been shown, says that this IS Megatron.

I never bought the stand-ins, as none of them ever truly looked like the character to me aside from general design cues. I wanted a true Megatron, and that's what I'm getting.

• Like Like x 6
  18. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That waist piece on MP-36 is simply terrible. The picture above from TF the Movie makes his crotch look like an exaggerated female crotch area. I can't unseen it.

Anyone who thinks Apollyon's crotch is bad should take a closer look at this.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The apollyon's crotch it's just an abomination, you can fipled out with the touch of an ant, it's so bad designed the way of make it hold together.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Let the Crotch Wars begin!

• Like Like x 3