Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

1. BronxUST

BronxUST Active Member

I received my second release Megatron today. I received it on the Hasbro shipment box at it actually says version 2 but it is totally identical to the original version that I also have, maybe slightly darker. Too bad its forehead is worn out of the box, Takara should definitely improve QC...

2. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'd be very interested to hear if paint rub, paint flake, scratching etc during transformation and attaching stock and silencer parts is improved from the first release. Good luck with it!

All the best
    Maz

3. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious what the date stamp is on these Hasbro Asia Megatrons, and if it'll be different from the upcoming TT reissue at the end of this month.

4. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Ah I didn't even realise the distinction. Stores advertised the end of 2017 release as the official reissue, but it was just the Hasbro Asia release? SO not the Japanese market TakaraTomy reissue as yet?

All the best
    Maz

5. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

It's possible the Hasbro Asia reissue has improved paint. My Hasbro Asia Ironhide (the one that came with the die cast drill) has none of the TT first release's chrome problems. It's as good as the chrome on the Fusos and Sunstreaker. I've got the upcoming TT reissue on preorder and am looking forward to seeing if there are any minor changes there, though I have no complaints about my original copy :) 

6. Dean ML

Transformed him for the first time in months last night after reading here that it was the "consensus" that he is not too be transformed. Balderdash! Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't done it yet. I'd completely forgotten how so it was all new to me again. Simply mind blowing the genius that went into designing this figure. Took forever and two spots were a little scary and frustrating (unfolding his shoulders where the hinges were very tight and closing together the halves of the cylinder and getting it all locked into place with the barrel), but well worth it and it should be much easier if I do it again soon. Putting him back into bot mode was a relative breeze. It also made Sunstreaker feel like a quickchanger in comparison! Only precaution I took was removing his face and there was no new visible wear and tear that I could see. I want to transform Megatron back and forth half a dozen times in the next week. I think that should commit it to memory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  7. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Looks fantastic against that floor.

Going to make a point of transforming my MP-36 tonight, just too fantastic to leave any longer.

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dean ML

Thanks, brother! Do you remember how to transform him?

I feel like never transforming guys like Megatron and Sunstreaker is like having a high end sports car and never taking it out of the garage. Not knocking anyone who does that, but I'm ok with minor wear and tear.

9. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I do remember, yes! Only bits that give me pause are the folding smaller panels on the arm/shoulder sequences and the direction to expand/squeeze the legs when compressing/expanding each one.

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dean ML

Oh, yeah, I hear you on the legs. Made a mental note to myself for the future on those leg panels - Outer goes down, inner goes up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just transformed Megatron to gun mode. Forgot not to push the silencer on all the way, and now it's rightly stuck. Trying to pull it off, but I can feel it pull the barrel with it - what's the solution here guys? I've tried removing the four screws I can see on the silencer but that's not actually loosened it enough to make a difference.

EDIT:

Wow ok, that was not fun. Disassembled the silencer around itself, and the small piece that wedges into the silencer was the problem. Not sure why they made it such a tight fit, but I don't think I'll be putting that silencer on ever again. Even with the silencer disassembled it was really difficult to pull that little piece out.

What were the suggested solutions for this issue?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  12. Dean ML

Oh, damn, man, hate to hear that happened but I'm just glad you were able to get it off! Didn't have that problem with mine, but I'm not sure I pushed the silencer as far down the barrel as it could have gone. Stopped when it started getting just tight enough. Did it scratch your barrel? No scratches on my barrel yet. Sucks that you feel you can't do that again, but the size of the gun with both attachments was something, right? Even my wife, who couldn't give a shit about any of this stuff, was impressed!

13. Sinestro00

Sinestro00 Black Smoke Rising

Isn't the silencer 'keyed' to the gun barrel, so it needs to be in the correct rotational orientation to go on and come off easily? I haven't transformed mine in a while, but I remember reports of this when it first came out and made sure I had things in the right rotational orientation to avoid this problem.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BronxUST

BronxUST Active Member

Considering that was this way out of the box I think the paint is definitely still an issue, and I will avoid to transform it:
    IMG_0078.jpg

15. BronxUST

BronxUST Active Member

How can I find it for you? I have both the shipment and the normal box for this release

16. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's unfortunate. He does look damn impressive fully tricked out. Barrel is a little bit scuffed alright.

If I can do some kind of fix to it I'll try it again. Almost want to just entirely remove the 'plug' inside the silencer that fits into the barrel - it's way too tight.

Yeah I checked that out, but it was rotated the right way. It's just super tight.

On the bottom of the normal box there should be a date stamp, above the barcode. Mine is stamped B2017.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BronxUST

BronxUST Active Member

My stamp is I1917

18. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool, that means it was made on the 19th of September 2017. My date is 20th February 2017. I guess the TT reissues this month will be LXX17, possibly being made in December.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will be so happy when they announce this repaint, it's one of the few I look forward too. I wonder if it's chrome/silver, if it will be plastic with sparkly gloss. I noticed my MP-9B is black but its sparkly black,something similiar to that would look pretty nice, as long as you're using the thicker paint they are using now flakes and chips are going to happen.

20. Phamduc

Phamduc Well-Known Member

I transformed mine for more than 40 times throughout 9 months , can't wait for other to pass that point ;) 

• Like Like x 1