Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

That last pic,

Just WOW. First of course, amazing pic!

And kudos to TT for creating what is likely the best MP of the line. There's so much character on this figure, it is insane.

LOL at every single 3P attempt. Every single one. Yeah, I just went there.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Aw, thanks, my dude! Just crazy about this figure! More than any other MP, I feel MP-36 best represents its character and feels the most alive. I think it's genius on just about every level.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dean ML

Fun with guns

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  4. Dean ML

Comin' in for the landing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 22
  5. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    This is one of my favourite sequences of yours yet :thumb  Makes me wanna pull down Megatron and snap endless photos of him. Still haven't really put him in front of the lens - must rectify that ASAP!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dean ML

Yes, you must, Sam! I could take shots of this guy all day, he's just beautiful and a total blast to pose. And thanks for the nice words!

I dunno, I don't get the alarms about "OMG his QC issues!" I see parotted around here. I've put this guy through the paces nearly every day since I've had him and he has a couple of very minor dings. Things you'd have to kinda look for and can only see on close inspection. Nothing that ruins the figure or anything outside of normal wear and tear for a nearly fully painted figure with tons of moving parts.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Yeah I think some of the complaints were a little overblown. My own had scuffs on either side of his helmet out of the box, have noticed a little bit of wear on the top of his chest plate, but nothing else too noticeable. When they release V3 Prime I might buy another Megatron to keep pristine in a glass cabinet facing off against Prime - I just have to immortalise that Sherman Dam battle.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Great shots Dean. I do love how posable and full of character he is, I've certainly had fun posing him. if only I could look past all those panel line and hinges, for me they ruin so many poses. I can't stand looking top down at his torso for example. It's an affliction, much like I couldn't see past Ironhide's hip panels, I wish it didn't bother me as much as it does. I really envy those who are able to zone out such eye sores and enjoy the positives of a figure (of which Megs has many) but every time I look at this guy I wonder if I'm happy with my purchase.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dean ML

I can certainly understand, but I'm digging how the superficial surface detailing (greebles) has been edited down but the panels, seams, hinges, etc provides "real" Transformers detailing.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Heh...I guess that's one way to reconcile it. Personally I haven't found the right pair of rose tinted glasses to look at him through to be totally satisfied that he is the 'Masterpiece' Megatron I hoped he'd be, an this is what...3 months on? He's very close, and you photos demonstrate that beautifully but...urrrghh...damn my eyes! He wears his compromises on his sleeve, shoulders, torso, feet etc etc and I just cant un-see it.

Anyway don't want to bang on about it, great set of photos Dean.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  11. Dean ML

I guess I feel like compromise has been the nature of Transformers since day one. It's only natural that there are going to be more compromises and more complicated engineering the wider the disparity is between the G1 character model and the G1 figure, which is why Hasui felt like MP Prowl was a relative breeze to design and Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus much more difficult.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Spaceman1251

Spaceman1251 Legendary Warrior

Instagram:
    Oh crap guys! Looks like AmazonJP isn't adjusting the price for Megs this time around! I just reordered this dude for 20,187 down from 22,661 a few days ago. I just noticed in my first preorder email it doesn't have the little "or less" thing next to the price, so we might have to find the low price this time!

EDIT: I just realized that my MP-39 and MP-40 seem to be the only ones that still adjusts the price. I also just reordered MP-10B for cheaper.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Dean ML

Spaceman is right, guys. I just followed his advice. I had him PO'd at AJ for $204, just cancelled, and reordered for $183 shipped. Be sure to click the option of paying in Yen, not dollars.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I checked my AJ order on Megs and had to do the same as well, so weird. Also I notices MP Sunstreaker went up a few hundred yen the my initial order which is very interesting. I would have figured it would have dropped not gone up...

15. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got this on PO from AE but will also pickup the 2 standard sized KO versions to compare. It turns out 3 or 4 companies will be KO'ing MP36.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SentaiTFMechaLover

SentaiTFMechaLover Well-Known Member

I only have the MP-5 Megatron that got released in 2007, it'll probably be awhile before I get this one

17. PrimalPrime007

PrimalPrime007 Well-Known Member

OK..Guys, I have a question. If you have a chance to buy him at a decent price right now, would you? Or would you wait for the second run to see if the paints issue is fixed? I'm still undecided.

18. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Depends how caught up you are with the MP line, but don't hold your breath that the paint issues will be fixed on the 2nd run. I would personally wait and buy a different MP in the meantime, and still hope for better paint (plus there's no way you can beat Japanese preorder prices right now).

Also one of the problems with Megatron is once you have him he makes you wish every other MP was that articulated :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  19. Furyan

Furyan Furyanicon

News Credits:
    Still waiting for the toy color and black decos,love this damn mold.

• Like Like x 1
  20. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a1.jpg a2.jpg a3.jpg

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.