Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Well-Known Member

They are out of stock, I'll prob go BBTS route and pull the plug as best I can.

2. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

The method I used was using a hair dryer and spraying hot air for a couple seconds. Doesn't harm the integrity of Megatron's material at all. Worked wonderfully on both plugs. Here's the video I followed.

3. geekatron prime

geekatron prime your sister's nephew's cousin's former roomate TFW2005 Supporter

Just take your time and wiggle the plug ever slightly with the pliers. The painter's tape helps keep the pliers from messing with the paint.

4. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa that's fast, they had it in stock when I posted the link that morning on here...

5. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

Ebay:
    [
    It's more the gap is closing in quality and design rather than any actual competition (which there never will be). 3P are not all fragile and complex with shoddy QC anymore.

TT will never suffer against 3P and i wouldn't want them to.

There are now some great figures which sit proudly alongside what TT is doing and fill in the gaps without being a crappy stand in.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With some 3P companies like FansToys, they've pretty much closed that gap in quality and design. So has MakeToys. All the 3P TF's I have gotten in the past 2 months have been just as good, if not better than from what TT has been putting out. Case in point would be FansToys Sovereign and their Dibots. Now, 3P isn't for everyone, and I am totally cool with people wanting to be pure TT. I'm also NOT saying that TT is making sub-par MP's. And I definitely want to see TT continue with the MP line and it continue to be a big success.

I don't like the attitude towards people who voice opinions that don't match with the opinions of others. If someone points out things they don't like about MP36, for example, that does NOT default into meaning they "hate" it. What I may see as essentially perfect may not be the case for someone else. I'm okay with that. the labeling needs to stop. IF I should not like MP36 as much as others, doesn't make my opinion or reasoning "insane" or "nonsense" any more than anyone else's And for the record, I do NOT hate MP36. It isn't the direction in style I would prefer it to be, but as it is, it's good. Very good. I'm glad I own it, and I may get another one. I can have my TT MP's and my 3P's, too. No harm, no foul. I buy TF's because I ENJOY them. And they don't have to be perfect for me to enjoy them either.

All Hail Megatron.

• Like Like x 5
  7. superscream

superscream Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm really late to the party. Only really started reading up about Mp-36. I have been away spending money on grown-up toys (guns and cars), so don't have money for "adult collectibles". Anyway, was reading back at page 136 (I think) where it compared the 4 masterpiece Megatrons, and when you put them together, Mp-36 looks the best.

But honestly if you leave the other 3 Megatrons aside, I think Apollyon looks awesome beside MP-10 or any of his other buddies. He looks big and buff and well proportioned. I never looked at him and thought I wanted a different Megatron. But it's only when you place Apollyon beside MP-36 that he looks weird by comparison. Sigh. I'm trying to wind down spending money on plastic toys - I have to save up to build a 10s car. But it's hard to own all the major Takara figures and not have MP-36. Arghh.

• Like Like x 1
  8. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been addressed in earlier pages of this thread, but for anyone still waiting for Megs from Premium Collectibles, I did end up getting a response to my query today;

"We do apologize for the late reply, We are having the team work extra hours to push through our email backlog so that we may provide a better and timely replies to queries and continuously improve our customer service for your satisfaction. We would like to inform you that your order for the Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron will be available by the end of May or early June due to a delay with suppliers. We appreciate your patience and please feel free to send us a message if you have further questions.

Regards,

Customer Service"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to pressure you, but the truth is, if you want to get an MP36 you better do it soon because he's sold out in most places. And while sites like TFSource have gotten more, the've sold out very quickly as well. Despite my little issues with his look, I still really like MP36, and I feel he is worth the price of admission (though is certainly is expensive!). I have Apollyon, Mightron, and Despotron as well. I like them all for different reasons.

10. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly that's a crappy message from them, makes me worried about my MP Dirge that I got from them now...And I only went with them because the price point was so low that I was willing to wait however long it would take to get him...Now I'm thinking twice about that. They are a sponsor on here though, and you should check on their FB or Twitter feed to see if anyone has mentioned that they have received theirs. These guys are very slow if you're not in their country.

11. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Insert joke here.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. Optimist Maximus

Optimist Maximus Well-Known Member

I got you... under my skin

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  13. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Un-popular opinion: i actually like the complex transformation for this guy, even if i expected a much simpler transformation fron TT like nowaday.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Starscream: "Megatron, are you playing with yourself again?! If I were leader of the Decep--"

Megatron: "SILENCE, STARSCREAM!!!"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Sportimus

News Credits:
    "If only I were painted in toy-accurate colors."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. geekatron prime

geekatron prime your sister's nephew's cousin's former roomate TFW2005 Supporter

The ladies like big barrels on their bots!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. cirrusstratus1

cirrusstratus1 ROGUE AUTOBOT LEADER

Does anyone have pics of MP-36 Megatron with the Gravity Builder figures that they could/would share?

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  18. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Obese chocoholic

News Credits:
    Those two do look very good together.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Obese chocoholic

News Credits:
    Can anyone tell me, does MP-36's box fit in a Detolf?

20. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

I think the thing I like most about megs is that above everything, he's so fun to play with! His robot mode is super solid, has loads of expressive possibility and (something I think is underrated in a tf) moves where you'd expect him to. By that I mean that if I move a leg, it's just the leg that moves and in a way that is intuitive. Comparing it to mp bumblebee for example (who I still like), with his unintended double knee joint. I'd personally prefer a simpler transformation, and no paint issues (tho I've just made peace with the fact that he'll scuff - I'd rather be ok with that than not mess around with him) but for me, megs sets the bar for tfs.

• Like Like x 2