Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Near 20 times :rock :buttrock , buddy, a tip, when I'm transforming mine I take off the face and the chest piece to prevent any chance of scuffing.

2. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would tell him to continue to email them constantly even going on their fb page to make comments, if not they'll take even longer, did they say when they were going to ship it out?

3. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It may be difficult to remove the cartoony faction symbol because that whole chest piece is also painted. So using something like rubbing alcohol may damage the paint. I think Reprolabels has a faction symbol that covers up the tampo one, but I don't know if it is just the emblem or if it is attached to the "squiggly" lines that goes across the chest? You'll have to buy the set, too, which is not cheap for just that one emblem. I wish they hadn't made that faction logo so wide because of this problem.

4. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 18
  5. GaryTheNeutral

GaryTheNeutral Beast Wars Connoisseur

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    This... This shows how ignorance is bliss. At least Despotron's easily transformable & cleaner. Plus this upcoming weijiang version IS MP-36 but bigger and cleaner. Maybe not easily chipped like MP-36 is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GaryTheNeutral

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    So true... :lol 

7. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's nothing at all like MP-36 except copying the heads and the idea of battle damaged parts. It's 80% Apollyon with some original modifications. Alt mode is a disaster imho if you measure it against trying to be a G1 Megatron.

• Like Like x 6
  8. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

It's amazing to see the amount of people posting here about "all the issues" MP 36 has. But what's baffling, is the fact that they OWN IT.

Why do people do this? Why buy something they don't like? why keep it? Insanity? what is it?

Meanwhile, this is selling out, likely the best selling MP in history, but hey, the "issues".

There's three other "options" (if you can call them that) if you hate MP-36 so much, and that newly revealed monstrosity that also happens to be over-sized, and doesn't fit on 99% of collections.

Is this the norm on Official threads? People just complaining about "X" release over and over again, but YET STILL owning said release?

I'll say this again, I do collect 3P, because there's some releases TT might take time to do. Yes, 3P threads are for the most part more exciting, as there's product coming out left and right. But once TT does (and if) that happens, the 3P GETS SOLD.

I don't care about "rubber tires".

I don't care about unnecessary, bloated die-cast.

I don't care about "heft".

I care about supporting the line. The brand that has given me so much enjoyment. Period. And it also help that all TT releases beat 3P to the punch.

This last attempt at Megatron has got to be the worst yet.

• Like Like x 11
  9. GaryTheNeutral

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Everyone has different tastes I'm afraid. Not many care about Takara's goal for cartoon accuracy and want a "perfect" figure. Some prefer a mixture of toon and toy for a balance. But they're in Japan changing up stuff. still while a lot of us sre still buying their products even after ranting about issues. Ah G1...

10. franpincho

Hence my comment regarding "other options".

TT is going full cartoon accurate. it's a fact. Hybrid lovers had their good run with Hasui, but it is now over. Thankfully for those, there's 3P catering their taste. If you happen to be an official only collector, then I'm sorry.

I don't like that hybrid style, but I still got them as I think they still look good with the new style.

YMMV, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For those that still haven't gotten Megs orange free, looks like TFSource got their 2nd wave stock in I'm assuming, they obviously upped the price a bit too...

MP-36 Masterpiece Megatron

12. franpincho

Dude, I love your no BS posts.

LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Collectors collect - gotta catch them all. In the case of Mp-36, it's Megatron and a lot of people pre-order as soon as possible, by which time any 'deal breaker' issues are discovered the figure is already in their hands.

Why keep it? Don't want to lose money on the deal, can't sell something which is broken or has paint problems for a good price, once on your shelf it's done and forgotten etc

It has documented issues. Selling 1 or 1 million doesn't negate this fact of life...some people have examples with issues (FWIW mine is fine!)

Options are options. The OS one is aimed at a newly introduced line of OS KO's, so it fits in 100% of those collections :p 

It's the internet. And it's the old thing where a disgruntled person tells 10 others, yet a satisfied person might not tell anyone.

Historically yeah - but I think that the gap is closing in comparing 3P with official. If you discount the brand loyalty and other fanboy aspects, you'll have figures like the KFC Simba who is better built than MP Star Sabre and looks nigh on perfect (seriously, it's that good). I can't see TT beating that. Or the FT Skyfire. Or the FT Dinobots. Or the FT Omega Supreme. Or the KFC Junkions.

But then TT Inferno I can't see being beaten by the TP, or MP-36, or MP10 or OP Primal etc.

Also, we'll all be dead by the time TT get's around to some characters if they ever do...they're already moving into Beast Wars and Movie MPs and we still don't even have some main G1 characters even on the horizon. Business priorities will keep the line where the money is, and it isn't in Skyfire or Apeface.

I'm not saying 'settle for less' but when you have 3P options that are well built, well designed and fit the look you want...the point I'm making is comparing toy vs toy with no fanboy or bootleg hate, 3P have rapidly gained on, gotten equal to and could even surpass TT. When they get it right, it's damn right (and if it's wrong, another 3P will do a better one, just skip the one you don't like).

For some, this is a hold over from G1 toys. It also adds an air of premium feel to the whole thing. It's not a bad thing.

Nobody wants that and not every 3P has it. See above..

It's another perception of quality some people have....when you pick a toy up that just feels good in hand, looks great and is well built. Brings back memories of G1 toys i guess :p 

Not really - i gave some examples above, but now we have 3P upping their game and production schedules, and TT being TT, we're getting some 3P releases that are so good it wouldn't be worth spending the cash to switch to the TT version even if it was comparable (save for the MUST HAVE OFFICIAL or Gotta catch em all type mindset).

The irony of the 3P scene is the first companies were run by fans who thought TT was moving too slowly or would never get around to their favourate characters, and the people who run \ work for them are likely die hard official collectors too...you can see this in the weibo photo updates of the test shots where the background of the photo is full of official bots and even in some interviews.

Yeah, MP-36 sucks.

(i kid, i kid :p ))

• Like Like x 6
  14. franpincho

I appreciate the well redacted, and respectful post. You've got yourself a like.

There's things I still don't agree with, as I can't fathom owning something I find faults with, but that's ok, everyone is different.

I was doing official only stuff a year ago, but you are right, TT takes a long time. I'm 35 and a new dad. My collecting habits are likely to change so I want to enjoy it as much as I can.

Based on the latest trend, at least for me, TT is unbeatable when it comes to MP. And while the Dinobots (if they decide to do them) won't weigh as much, I bet they will look so amazing, and cartoon accurate to boot (my thing).

• Like Like x 7
  15. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks to the reissues, I now have this:

2017-05-17_00001 (3).jpg

Also, I can't get enough of MP Megatron's gun mode!

2017-05-17_00001 (2).jpg

By now, I've transformed Megs over 50 times. (^.^') Still holding up great~

• Like Like x 16
  16. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

Couple questions,
    1 is there any other etailers out there that have this guy besides BBTS
    2 has anyone tried removing the Orange cap from the BBTS version?
    I'm sure this may have been asked but 500 pages is a lot to sift through, thanks in advance.

17. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    The orange cap is fairly easy to remove. Put some painter's tape on the end of the barrel and a pair of pliers with rounded jaws or channel locks. Simply wiggle, pull, and viola. :thumb 

18. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

Awesome, thanks

19. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    No prob dude!

20. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I find it interesting when I see people saying that 3P are closing the gap on TT as though there is some kind of legitimate competition taking place...as others have said, more than a few 3P buyers will also pick up the official, so TT don't suffer quite as much as some would like to think.

I'm not even sure why people would want TT to be affected by 3P sales, is it like some sort of bizarre punishment for not fitting their particular vision for their collection?

At the very least I would imagine that many 3P collectors (with the exception of a few hardcore devotees) would also be keeping an eye on official releases if only to justify their 3P acquisitions.

TT just keep trucking along at their own pace, and with their own character choices, once upon a time it frustrated me, but now I've calmed the hell down - and saved hundreds (if not a couple grand) in the process.

I might revisit 3P options if TT decide to discontinue the MP line, but who knows when that will happen. ;) 

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.