Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

But, for any information about MP36, this is the only thread to follow, and anyone who's not a new guy, would know that. Not trying to being rude, just saying, this is the MP36 thread, and it's been here for months, a flip through since day three after release it's been full of people with pics, claims of ownership. Not one page hasn't been about that since.

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    not everybody followed this thread, I didnt come back in it until the title change because of all the crap about him being highwasted grandpa and the multiple copies of the tilted gun barrel that everyone clung to saying it was gonna be crap out the gate. I dont care about sifting through everyone elses negative comments on a daily bases, everyone is allowed to have them and say them. doesnt mean I have to subject my self to it. I actually thought it was a separate thread until I went looking for the other one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Cool, I got it from amiami, so I think I'm good. I'll check when he arrives.

More like had their roody pooh figures on pre-order and bought it for much cheaper and plan to flip it on Ebay for a profit along with all the figures released from the past year from this toyline.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :inquisiti :inquisiti :inquisiti :inquisiti :inquisiti  :poop  :D :D :D :D :D :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 

4. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Just not for MP36 criticisms, lest you want to trigger the apologist brigade. :D 

• Like Like x 5
  5. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

This fandom, let me tell ya. Someone blows $200 on a figure and suddenly it's like they've joined a new cult or somethin'. Never knew selling your soul was so easy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

I haven't been interested in Transformers figures for a long time now, but this looks genuinely awesome. Feel like I might actually buy one, looks like a great piece to have.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SoundWave88

SoundWave88 Neo-Con

I don't live in this thread, and I was looking at older messages, so NO, it wasn't enough.

8. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

It can be done in no time flat.

[​IMG]

9. SoundWave88

SoundWave88 Neo-Con

Someone gets it. So many grown adults acting like babies, I don't feel the need to live in this thread 24/7, I have a job and a life. Also, when the due date said April, why do I have to stay glued to every site?

• Like Like x 1
  10. SoundWave88

SoundWave88 Neo-Con

Whether you intended it to be rude or not, it was.

11. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

Holy cow this guy's stuff is crazy! The lighting is fantastic. It looks soooo real.
    I wonder what he is using or how he is creating these?

His site is awesome!

Probably best I've seen in this style.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  12. BenLeong

BenLeong Well-Known Member

Just received the alert from HLJ that the reissues for Masterpiece Soundwave and both sets of Masterpiece cassettes came in. I've been waiting to have Megatron sent from the warehouse until I could combine him with the others for reduced shipping. Can't wait for the big box to arrive!

13. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    Got my Megatron today (love him, btw) and my figure had zero paint chips. There was only one small scuff on the fusion cannon. I wasn't going to transform him anyways so this is just another reason not to.

14. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

I'm waiting to hear from bbts for my mp11 and mp13. Hope you enjoy yours. they are waiting to join mp36 and mp29!!!

15. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Just got my MP-11 notification from AE this morning as well but I can't be arsed with it, I'm only buying that figure out of completion, because of Megatron, I despise that mold and would you believe it, it's one of the first times in a long time that AE has actually sent out the alerts very early as well...and it happens to be a figure I'm not too ecstatic about, haha, my luck.

I'm only thinking of addressing it, sooner rather than later, because of how the yen is getting so strong these days and the pound, weaker, due to brexit. It will surely affect my returns if I'm to sell it at a latter date, if the pound is to weaken even further, that's if I don't like it, of course.

16. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

What don't you like about this figure? He looks badass to me. Ive always loved Starscream from the cartoons. Especially in TFP as well as G1. I'm curious on your thoughts? How do you feel about MP13 and MP29?

17. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    ...and scrubbed.

Back on topic please folks.

Boy isn't Megs awesome? I'm literally sitting here in my office with my feet up on my desk, just about to transform him for the first time and it's quite exciting.

• Like Like x 5
  18. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Firstly, the face sculpt, it looks terrible, at it sports a chin which TT is notorious for putting on figures which didn't sport any in the toon, I hate it, but on this figure, it looks particularly bad but that's only the tip of the iceberg. What I can't stand about that mold was made clear by a board member here some years back, take a look at these two pictures below, toon on the above, MP below;

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Can you see the difference between the neck areas on both pictures? Look at how the cockpit is in line with the red bits in the cartoon, depressed in them ever so slightly, almost seamless, and now compare it to MP-11 where the cockpit is so high, he looks like a giraffe, I exaggerate, of course. It irks my eyes to no end and it's on every single one of the seekers. It's why I can't stand the mold, it's also quite flimsy in hand, I owned Skywarp, my favourite seeker, for a day and then put him in the box and sold him off.

MP-13, can't go wrong with that guy, fantastic MP, his cassettes are the real treat, a lovely figure, easy transformation, but after Megatron, everything is easy these days, really, haha. Very good figure, a universally loved one, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

MP-29, The photos don't do him justice, he's not as blue as he seems in them, there are only a few pictures that get his colours right, in hand he's much better looking than what you see here, fun transformation. He could have been a bit more purple and a bit taller but he's still a very good figure, particularly when you consider the available options.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jdk504

Jdk504 REDWOLF

All very valid points. In that picture above it seems the lighting is off and makes his face appear lighter than it should be. I have seen others on the net that look more accurate. Honestly, I haven't really collected TF in a very long time.
    I just recently got back into bc someone posted their SOC Voltron next to some dinobots.That resparked my interests and here I am. I'm more of a quality vs quantity kind of collector and love those figures that bring back nostalgia for me.
    So, for someone that has been out of the collecting game for quite a bit and to get and hold these figures with all the articulation, ratchets, paint apps, etc., is a real treat for me. I"ll agree some MPs that I have handled have felt rather cheap
    and light compared to my FT dibots. To me those are works of art. You don't need to have a bunch of diecast to equal a good figure, but anyone who owns those know the quality behind them.

I'm just glad we finally good a great Megatron after what, 33 years (G1 toon accurate). After these 4 Cons are reunited my collection is pretty much done.

Thank you for your thoughts.

20. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps people equally enjoy what some other equally do not?

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.