Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrx20l

wrx20l Well-Known Member

I would agree that this is TT's best MP in years. I feel like that is something everyone can agree on. For the most part, he hits the right buttons. Standing him next to some of my favorite TT figures - MP-10, MP-13, the Datsuns - I feel like the figure is largely a return to the old design language, mainly as a byproduct of all its panels and parts, but it's let down so hard by the color choice. Gray, dark gray, and darker gray/charcoal with a few splashes of red, blue, yellow and that pathetic purple faction symbol - he may as well be painted in shelf camo. I put him next to FT's Galvatron and the contrast is glaring.

I'm not hating on Mightron, I just couldn't get beyond the backpack and the hollow sections. Would love to have an easy way to port Mightron's head onto Despotron. Keep hoping the community will come up with an option there.

2. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really like the faction symbol ! The entire figure is supposed to look like it did in the G1 cartoon, so I'm quite happy with it the way it is.

• Like Like x 3
  3. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    apollyon also arrived with short stubby legs, birthing hips, ugly feet, auto exploding waist joint, over enlarged chest, and one of the worst face sculpts in the whole universe. But you know, he's great and mp 36 is just "mediocre".
    Sheeesh....

• Like Like x 4
  4. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Whoever designed Masterpiece Grimlock or Optimus Prime MP-10. I'd like to have seen their take on Masterpiece Megatron.

5. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    The designer of Grimlock is the lead designer of the MP line since mp22

• Like Like x 4
  6. CliffjumperUK

CliffjumperUK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Got mine today and like others it is a little bittersweet.

Pros
    • Excellent cartoon likeness
    • Awesome range of movement
    • Accessories and faces on point (Love the energon mace with the fixed positioning)
    Cons
    • Paint flaws out of the box, several chips around edges and basically anything that rubs another part, i'm hesitant to transform him for fear of what he will look like once he is transformed back.
    I got him for a decent pre-order price, which is still a lot of money, but would hate to think how I would feel if these flaws were there and I paid current eBay prices.

Overall he looks great in my collection, I would just have loved it if his paint was up to scratch with the rest of him.

7. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    :lol  oooh boy. Somebody break the news to him gently.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think its been at least 100 pages since I've responded...that's the message board statute of limitations, right??

Herin lies the main flaw with this figure. Even if a factory worker transformed this particular MP-36, that's still no excuse for it looking this way. If transforming a Transformer is the excuse used to justify this amount of damage, something is wrong.

9. jaypc

jaypc Liberty or Death

Same here. I don't like how you have to force the two halves up and over the grips. I'm going to sand the inside of the silencer before sliding it onto the barrel. The hips weren't a bitch for you? I wound up removing the butt screw.

10. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine a few hours ago and he is awesome! Havent transformed him yet though...Kinda scared of chipping of the paint..I will do it at some point.He feels very solid and dynamic...They managed to replicate every inch of his f*cking body,its amazing.The grey is darker than i thought..I still prefer it was silver instead but oh well

11. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

Don't bring your complaints here or you'll be chip shamed by the rabid group that can't/won't acknowledge a problem with the greatest thing to ever see the light of day.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    get mine tomorrow, hopefully the orange plugs come out easy.....stupid bbts

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Got mine over the weekend but waiting to post something until I had messed around with it a bit.

It really is incredible what they accomplished with this. The engineering that went into it is absolutely mindblowing. The transformation was daunting for sure but I never once felt like something was going to break. Plastic quality is great and tolerances are good. And I daresay the transformation is FUN. It's also fairly intuitive...I only had to use the instructions the first time. I've transformed it four times total with no worry....which is funny since in three days I've officially transformed MP-36 twice as many times as I did MP-5 over the course of ten years :lol 

I love all the accessories and the only one I felt they could have added was a heart of Cybertron able to store in a little recess in the chest. But everything it came with is great!

Admittedly the back of the robot mode is unsightly. A little bit of a cleaner look would have been nice, but that's a tiny nitpick since I'll never display it with it back facing out lol

My only major concern is the paint. I do have a few nicks and scrapes, which I'm not going to get into a tizzy about however in the long run I'm worried it could get much worse with minimal hands on wear and tear.

Maybe it's just the astounding amount of engineering that went into it, but this is definitely one of my all time favorite Transformers I have in my collection. It takes something pretty special to make the engineering of RoTF leader Optimus look like a deluxe class toy in comparison.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Mine came out with minimal effort. The glue residue is a pain in the ass to get off though.

15. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    No ones arguing the fact that his paint sucks . It's a universal thing at this point .

• Like Like x 1
  16. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Who's responsible for the new direction the Masterpiece line has been going in? The same guy who designed Grimlock?

Would like him to design a Masterpiece for the rest of the Dinobots. Been waiting for a Masterpiece Swoop for a while now.

17. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is that?

The line hasn't been (or remained) consistent since it's inception.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    YAY! MINE ESCAPED NYC CUSTOMS! HE'S IN NEW JERSEY! I'LL HAVE HIM IN A FEW DAYS!!!!!!!

...sorry, really was paranoid there for a while.

19. Primus1998

Primus1998 Professional lunatic

*steals your parcel*

• Like Like x 1
  20. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Six up, six down, it's like shooting cyberducks in a barrel!

;) 

Just transformed this guy for the sixth time today since I received it, what a spectacular figure, the engineering is insane, the robot mode....phenomenal, coming up to three weeks since I got him this Thursday and he's still the undisputed heavyweight deskbot. The transformation.....genius! It's unlike any other transformation I've ever seen. Unlike most MP's where you can kind of see what goes where and what becomes so and so, with this guy it's a completely different story. The only clear giveaway is that the legs become the handle of the gun otherwise, nothing, wow. I'm blown away and still smitten, my favourite figure to date. I can't wait to see Galvatron!

To add insult to injury is the fact that several posts were made after CliffjumperUK's statement and not one of them had anything negative to say. Time to wipe that egg off your face, eh, dbae14!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.