Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

1. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

Hopefully they remould Chipatron in a metallic plastic with the correct Decepticon emblem for Megatron 2.1. I also hope his laser sword gets the considerably better energy blade from MP5 instead of the one with MP36.

I still can't believe they put this out.

2. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

You wouldn't need as thick a paint on a toy compared to a car. Plus if you are good, then you adjust the outer dimensions of the part to compensate for paint thickness. Also there are different types of "automotive" paint that have fewer layers. Also, if your Megatron get's hit with a 70 MPH rock, then you have bigger problems. Your Megatron at most would get hit with 1 MPH or something if you drop it. Yes rocks can/do chip paint on a car. Especially if you have a crappy aftermarket paint job. That wasn't the point. The point is some here were saying it's impossible to avoid paint chipping off the toy because of transformation. And I just pointed out that there is paint on plastic that can/does withstand 70 MPH hit with a rock without chipping off.

Takara could paint these things where you could bang them around and no paint chips off. Though looks like Takara isn't going to do that, so I guess it doesn't matter.

3. Phamduc

Phamduc Well-Known Member

oh my god now this turn into shitfest of paint complain

4. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Better a shitfest of paint than a paintfest of shit!

... Sorry...

• Like Like x 10
  5. artimus prime

artimus prime primed artist

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The person that predicted this happening somewhere around the 300 page mark looks really smart right now.

• Like Like x 5
  6. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it incorrect. The symbol is correct to his aesthetics. Was it the right choice however? That is the question, but he does have the correct symbols.

FFS man, let it go already damn. If you know so damn much about paints and shit go work for them and share your vast knowledge of chemical bonds and techniques with their designers. I'm sure they'd hire you on the spot...

He gets chips, either one can accept that and move the hell on or keep posting emo rants and what ifs. I said screw it, I'm an adult, I'm enjoying mine, transformed him, screw the chips, it's a toy, I'm treating it as such no matter what the hell I paid for it. I'm 40 years old, I've no care or time to worry about paint chips on a plastic robot toy. If that means to a few that I'm validating my purchase, in denial or whatever else BS people wish to toss around then so be it, I'll be over here transforming my toy robot pew pew and enjoying it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 10:39 AM
    • Like Like x 12
  7. elburrito

elburrito Cpt. Marvelous

there is extra room in the ratchets ate the knee and ankle i.e., you can adjust without a 'click'. between that and the lateral ankle tilt is your cure i think

8. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Got home at 130 am last night, and just HAD to check that pin...yep, protruding on one side. Popped it out, filed it down some on each side, and put it back in. Totally flush now, thanks for that catch! Did a few touch ups, and will give it a transform cycle later to confirm that rub spot is gone.

9. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

I've thought about that before too, and it would indeed make for some incredible (and expensive) figures! Of course, breakages would still occur due to unavoidable occasional defects. I've had this happen with Lego parts several times, and even their plastic weakens with age and use.

The one thing that's certain is that no matter what quality of materials and manufacturing could be used for premium Transformers, there will always be those in the fandom decrying the outcome as "cheap", "lazy", etc. and insisting that it should be better.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    anyone besides BBTS still have this guy availible....I apparently put off my order to long

• Like Like x 1
  11. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Could you elaborate on this pin, with a pic if possible, the paint has chipped ever so slightly in that same spot, it's pretty negligible, but I'm just curios.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, Liampope mentioned it earlier as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jarrod

News Credits:
    Yeah man, he's still accessible on my work table, so here you go. The arms wrap around this piece in gun mode, and the pin seems to be just EVER so slightly too long.

20170421_112025.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Thanks man, I kind of thought it was that but I just had to confirm, thanks for clearing that up.

:thumb 

14. Jarrod

News Credits:
    Model Master Acryl Flat Black looks to be a near perfect match. A few of the pieces have a slightly semi-gloss look, so mixing half Flat, and half Semi Gloss black might give you a more perfect match.

Mine has the same thing. Minor annoyance, but there's enough "play" in between the ratchets to get his legs even. Definitely not worth not owning over.

15. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

How'd you do the touch ups? Do you have a simple way of matching the stock paint? I've got the same marks on my shoulders...

16. HunGrrr

HunGrrr Eamus Catuli!

Yes. MP-5 had significant paint scuffing on the side of the gun that formed his back, due to the way he transforms.

17. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    And cosmic rust affect

18. Jarrod

News Credits:
    Just years of experience in the hobby and paint mixing. My mix for Megatrons body color is, all Model Master Acylics: roughly 2/3 Silver, 1/3 Aircraft Gray, plus a little drop of True Blue Pearl. Looking again, I think adding a couple drops of Gold will get even closer.

• Like Like x 2
  19. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    All I know is.. my super cheap Quakeblast has metallic flake paint and looks GLORIOUS.. and no one is scared to transform him. Even the MP-10 KOs with their metallic paint finishes can leave some in your hand after handling.. but largely don't suffer from large wear/chipping.

Wear, I get.. its gonna happen. But it shouldn't really happen with one or two cycles. That's bad design and tolerances
    Chips? Shouldn't happen in normal handling. That's bad materials (etching/primer, paint)
    Out of box flaws? Shouldn't happen, that's just lax QC or bad packaging.

No one should expect their figures to be indestructible.. but they shouldn't expect them to be divas requiring white gloves either.

The usual 'is it painted?' or not discussion during previews of figures is almost comical to watch every cycle. Everyone equates 'paint = quality' and if its not painted, it's cheap. Screw that, I just want a great RESULT. If it's plastic or paint, I could care less (looking at you Bumblebee...). I just want a great finish. I'm staring at Soundwave and laserwave next to each other on my shelf right now. Is soundwave painted? I don't even know... I don't care. he looks fabulous. Laserwave just looks like cheap crap. I'm not blaming paint, I'm blaming the end result. How they get there, I don't care as long as it's reasonable durable and looks good.

Mp-36 looks fabulous.. but is a fail in the durability department.

20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So I (finally) got a MP-36 today and, because I'm like that I tested the silencer. As expected it took a slice of paint off, so I made a note of what was going on, took apart the silencer and started sanding... And then I touched up the paint that was scraped off, and did this...

Brave? I'd prefer to say... it was a considered risk...

• Like Like x 9