Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Yes, then adjust the fist. You lose elbow bend, but let's be honest the arm wasn't going to bend much with the cannon there.

2. Deruji

Deruji International Traditional 2D Animator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Well, finally back from China. I'll be getting mine from amiami sometime at the end of the month with the reissues.
    Till then I'll enjoy the pics posted here^^

3. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 15
  4. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My gun barrel on the back is a floppy mess. That kind of stinks.

6. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All Megatron representations have proportion issues but you forget to talk about TT issues, why?

TT Megatron: Torso is really small, with skinny legs and a jigsaw back. His hip is to up, looking like an old man with pants above the waist. He looks weak in comparison to 3P options because his skinny design. The paint chipping is consequence of the transformation, this implies a design error. A Transformers that will be damaged when you transform it.

The official version is the most expensive of all, the price difference between Takara and DX9, for example, is really big. We were expecting no paint issues in this price range.

• Like Like x 3
  7. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    If you love 3P so much why don't you marry it?

This is the thread for TT Megatron. We've been looking forward to it for YEARS and it's finally here! If it's too expensive for you, that's a shame. It's a wonderful amazing toy. Everyone is really excited, and rightly so. Don't shit on it for us.

And anyone expecting NO paint issues on a transforming plastic toy with any level of complexity is just being naive.

• Like Like x 9
  8. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Would that we could, champ... Would that we could.

Anyone expecting no complaints on a transforming plastic toy discussed in this forum is just being naive. ;) 

I think MP-36 is clearly superior to the third-party alternatives, but it's far from perfect. Those feet, for example, are a goddamned eyesore...! :eek: 

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Not to sound too hard, just extremely sinthetizing, but IMHO that's total bs.
    Torso is not small and legs aren't skinny at all.
    Skinny design? No way, it's the others who are grossly large, or FAT.
    Weak? oh please ....

• Like Like x 1
  10. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    I think he's right bout the paint chipping. That just isn't OK on a 200+ dollar Transformer. It clearly takes away all the fun for me to not going to transform him.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didnt forget anything....I very clearly said that the way he looks is INTENTIONAL..Its not some sort of unwanted side effect or a compromise by its transformation...They wanted to replicate the cartoon look with the long legs and and pants above the waist as you call it
    The paint chipping is a concern of mine too which i mentioned in a previous post
    What looks "weak" to you is the way he looked in the cartoon!This is how he lookes and this is how the official TT recreated him to look..They didnt make some weird interpretation of how they think he should look
    As far as comparing its price with the DX9 one...Please tell me what do you get with the DX9 one?a sword (that looks nothing like the toon) and a mace?Nothing more as far as accessories go.Is Mightron more poseable?no he isnt...So what does Mightron have that makes him better?The fact that he is cheaper?Now you can debate whether accessories are important or not but thats just subjective.Some people want them some dont.
    What i clearly mentioned in my post are facts not personal opinion like "he looks weak" lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone manage to get a size comparison next to a real Walther?

13. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Can anyone try putting him on mp08x throne?

14. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I understand the comparison shots and all, but I'm getting tired of them mainly because they just seem to add to the fan division and official v 3P arguments.

• Like Like x 3
  16. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    FT-10 Phoenix photo shoot coming soon.

17. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Not a REAL walther, but I posted it next to a 1:1 airgun.

IMG_0135.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  18. gjcv1408

gjcv1408 Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this one..This is a thread for those who love TT. Ive seen the video and it's an amaz
    Looks good right beside it . Now if someone can post a pic of third party Meg's besides Walther and let's see how it look

19. gjcv1408

gjcv1408 Well-Known Member

20. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which have proportion issues all depends on what is your measuring stick. For many, myself and presumably ZEGR included, and also including TT themselves when designing MP-36 - that measuring stick is the animation Megatron. With respect to that MP-36 is spot on proportionally!

The others are all off proportionately compared to the animation, but then the animation model wasn't necessarily the intention in the first place for all of them, so not totally fair to criticize them based on that. I personally try to reign in my criticism a little when it comes down to aesthetic choice vs. just sub-par design - if I don't like a deliberate aesthetic choice I just try to accept it isn't to my taste, but I'll be harder on what I think is just lackluster design.

I.e. for Apollyon, he's not animation accurate at all, but I don't believe that was ever the design intention, so I wont call him out on that. But his ultra wide hips, messy legs and Grimlock-esque shoulders I see not as 'we want it that way' choices, but as design issues that just should have been done better, so I don't feel too much of a douche saying I think those features of Apollyon suck!

Mightron, he's going more for toon accuracy, but the execution just isn't really there, imho. To me he looks really top-heavy, wrists/hands are bad, the legs look really off with the thighs as thick as the lower legs, and the less said about the side profile (both legs and torso) the better. That, I put down to sub-par design/engineering, and I generally come to the same conclusion about all of DX9s MP attempts, to be honest - just not MP level, imho. Mightron is easily my least favourite MP Megs.

Despotron's proportions are way further off the animation model than the others, but I just cant help but respect the design nonetheless - that's because I think it was always 100% intended that he look that way. He matches their Hound and truck bros with their ultra exaggerated comic inspired beefcake proportions. I think they made that aesthetic choice and executed it perfectly and cleanly with some damn clever engineering. It's just nothing like what I want in my collection!!

Similarly MP-36 had a design choice then spot-on nailed it! And it just happens to be exactly what I'm looking for, so it's MP-36 for me any day!

And mine has finally shipped! Woo hoo!

• Like Like x 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.