Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 has arrived... and he is GLORIOUS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Sep 8, 2016.

1. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    NY usually gets a correct date on the month of release (unless that's yet another estimate and why it takes a few days to process an order). Wonder what they do if the release date is the first of the month, do you usually have the 15 days to pay, and it just delays shipment? I went with them, as they didn't need money down, and already got stuff from them.

I' m eagerly awaiting them shipping the Gundam A.N.I.M.E. Guntank and the limited Patlabor Ingram 2 on Mar 25th (more like Mar 30th it actually ships).

2. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Mine too (actually, between 4/4 and 4/6) and at first I didn't believed it. Then I remembered that I had bots delivered from Hong Kong in two days with DHL, and that they charged me over 7000 yen for shipping and customs, so I changed my mindset from "there's no way in hell they can be so fast" to "better for them that Megatron arrivers in time!".

3. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I've had several $10 magazines shipped from Amazon Japan via DHL, and even those required a signature. It's just required for all DHL shipments from there. Luckily you can presign electronically or leave a signed note.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 I probably hate you, too

So, (for various reasons) I've not yet ordered Megatron.

I'd like to do so now (preferrably at a Japanese site), but not have my wallet raped.

I live in the Western United States. Can anyone help (with a business that still has pre-orders open or ideas)?

....and NO, Amazon Japan never allowed me to order through them. This whole "Amazon Japan now ships to the West" is just aggravating for me.

5. jream

jream PRO DESIGN TFW2005 Supporter

i must be missing something on amazon jp...
    i went to place an order for mp36... and it comes out to about $185 w/ the conversion on the yen. but shipping cost says around $36 when i go to check out... so ends up same price as in the US... so i dunno what i am missing here? says its on preorder from amazon jp and ships from amazon jp.

am i doing something wrong?

• Like Like x 1
  6. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    At 2 weeks before release date your choices for MP will pretty much always be buying from a US based store and paying the premium or waiting for release date and seeing if the Japanese stores have any extras.

In any case you won't get the preorder price now. Same goes for Amazon Japan, the number allocated to the preorder special price dried up long ago.

7. Sam

Sam It's over Prime

News Credits:

Price has gone up a crazy amount in the past week or so. Usually happens with Amazon Japan closer to release date.

8. jream

jream PRO DESIGN TFW2005 Supporter

ah ok... makes sense. thx

9. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 I probably hate you, too

I guess that's okay. I knew that.

I don't get the whole huge discount for pre-ordering 6+ months early. What I mean is, once there's only preliminary pictures, how do I know I'm going to want it over half a year later? Who has extra money to pre-order every one of these high-end items? What if the currency conversion fluctuates madly by the release date? Etc....

ANYWAY, I just want to lock in an order and price (cheaper than BBTS and TFSource!) and have him around a week or two after release. But all of the usual suspects are sold out.

10. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    Don't know what to say other than sorry, they're sold out of the cheap stock.

Something to keep in mind for the next time, HLJ don't charge up front and you can cancel if something unexpected comes up. Same with Amazon JP but it can be sometimes difficult ordering from them. I have mine coming in through Amazon JP however so it is possible.

11. oku

oku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does DHL global from AMAZON JP let USPS deliver the package in the end? Years ago I ordered something shipped by DHL and it was delivered by DHLs own truck. They couldn't get through my building's front gate and didn't bother to call me. Took me a few days to get them send to another address. Thus I avoided DHL until now because the deal was too good.

12. vespagym

vespagym Well-Known Member

Check to see if you have a DHL pickup location near you. They can hold packages for up to a week.

13. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Well, there are retailers that don't charge up front for pre-ordering items, and they also allow you to cancel orders if you want to.

14. oku

oku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ordered from amiami and amazon jp just 2-3 months ago. Total was about 180 shipped each.

15. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

I usually don't preorder, mostly for the concerns you already mentioned. So far I made only two exceptions, one was Ultra Magnus because it was the reissue and I already knew everything about it, the other is Megatron because I want him very much but don't want to pay over 250 euro. Given that I was extremely satisfied with my last masterpieces (that at the time were Ironhide and Inferno) I took the risk.
    Of course, both preorders were from shops that didn't charge me immediately and let me cancel, these requisites are mandatory.

16. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, I have a pre-order in at Amazon JP and HLJ. I know that I need to cancel the one at HLJ, but I keep putting it off. I keep on thinking "just in case."

17. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cancelled my order at HLJ the moment I scored an Amazon preorder. I am set.

18. alty66

alty66 Well-Known Member

Same here.

19. gjcv1408

gjcv1408 Well-Known Member

I'm on the same boat... When I get my Meg. Then I'll cancel hlj

20. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

Does HLJ take kindly to you cancel after being sent an invoice? Amazon Jp wont release him till the 1st japanese time, HLJ's will probably come a day before that.