Masterpiece Megatron; recommended?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by daytimeninja, Jul 25, 2011.

1. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In light of not being able to secure my hands on a FansProject Shadow Commander trailer I'm taking my monetary frustration out on a Masterpiece. I've been looking at Megatron but have heard some bad things about him such as the transformation and some of the ball joined pieces popping off easily. Is he worth the roughly 140$?

2. tfike110

tfike110 G1ToyCollector

Ebay:
    Although MP Megatron is an impressive figure in robot mode, he is a bi**h to transform (almost to the point that it isnt fun). Plus he can break really easily, and he is too big in gun mode, some get rusty feet, etc. Just too many negative that outweigh the positives (he looks cool)

Overall, I would say to save your money until they reboot MP Megatron like they are doing to the MP Optimus.

3. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I was toying with the idea of getting one and then I watched Peaugh's old review of it and he was scared to touch it hehe. Easy pass after that.

4. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about the black convoy optimus?

5. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Fixed

6. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I love the toy. Transformered him a couple of times. If you have and plan on keeping a variation of the mp prime mold, I'd say get it.

7. tfike110

tfike110 G1ToyCollector

Ebay:
    MP Optimus is an impressive figure, so I'm sure the Black Convoy is nice as well. So if you like it, then go for it.

However, I'm sure they will release a black version of the new MP Optimus as well. To me it looks like the new MP Optimus is better than the previous version.

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    If I could keep only 2 TFs out my entire collection, it'd be MP Megatron and MP04 Optimus. Both are just that good and great examples of the 2 characters. Take that for what it's worth if you're really considering getting MP Megatron. He's really not that difficult to TF and bot nearly as fragile as people say, as long as you takecare while 'playing' with him.

9. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

i'd say MP megatron is a must for display. I've never transformed him, only display. and if you dont have MP prime, definately get him first IMO. awesome to transform and to display.

10. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i have the new releases of the megatron and prime and they are AWESOME together. i dont transform them so i dont worry about that. they come in robot mode and go back in the box in robot mode. : )

[​IMG]

11. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have Megatron and transformed him once. Very hard to transform (As I recall) but I like that. As said by others, he is a bit on the fragile side. Don't get me wrong I like him, Great look to this figure. Who really plays with their Masterpiece figures anyways? Besides maybe MP01/04. Posability is a bit awkward but workable. Don't remember him being hard to stand up and pose. His cannon is oversized in bot mode, not bad just big on his arm, more fireblast I suppose. Tarnish? None on mine but I live in a warm/dry climate and keep him in the box.
    On Black Prime I would go for the clear trailer version. Price has come down a bit on him.

12. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I'd say wait on MP Megs dude. I (and others I'm sure) am almost POSITIVE they are going to release a new mold of MP Megs that will be to scale with the new MP Prime coming. I'm sure that it will look 10x better and have less QC issues than it's predecessor...but in all honesty, buy what you want and enjoy whatever it is you end up getting.

13. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my absolute favorite figure, not hard to transform as much as complicated, not delicate either (mine's been transformed drunk, dropped 6 ft off the shelf..oops) but nothing wrong with it

14. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never transformed mine because of all the horror stories and my lack of interest in his giant gun mode. Mine does have the foot corrosion issue- but it's really not that bad.

He stands pretty well (not the most stable bot ever, but good enough). But his arm is unable to support the weight of his gun (although I display him on shelves in the living room and the gun rests nicely against the roof of the shelf so he can hold his gun up).

A nice toy, but neither MP Prime or MP Megatron are amongst my favorites.

15. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

its just tarnish guys. it cleans up.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I really like mine. I HIGHLY recommend that if you get this figure to get the Justitoys add-on kit:

[​IMG]

17. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Any one know where I can get one in the uk?

18. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    I reccomend him. If you love G1, Masterpiece figures, or have an MP Optimus you owe it to yourself to own one. The justtoys ad-on makes him even more complete. Transformation is complicated but not impossible. He is very impressive to display alone or with MP Prime.

19. stevenmh

stevenmh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like mine. Got the add-on kit for it. I've never transformed him, but I've had him fall from about 4 feet and nothing broke. I was able to get a fairly dynamic yet sturdy pose. Looks good with MP-01/04 and BT/Alternators, but of course that's a dead line. You could wait and see if he's going to be redone in the new scale, but who knows when that announcement might be made.

20. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    I love mine although I have never tried to transform him. He stays in his "kick your ass" robot mode. Only problem I have with mine are his hips. Kinda hard to pose him cool without him wanting to do the splits. Well not that bad, but spred to far out for me. I had to use a little two sided tape on the bottom of his feet to pose him the way I like.