Customs: masterpiece megatron idea

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Aptom, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

I personally love my mp megatron however i know one of the main criticisms is the legs and hoe thin they are. i was thinking a great way to fix this would be to make a transformable magazine clip for the alt mode (obviously it wouldnt insert into the gun) all you would have to do is split it in two maybe tinker a little and then clip it around the existing legs somehow. i dont know if ive described my idea very well but i think itd be cool. if any one sees what im trying to say let me know :) 

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

That actually sounds pretty cool, man. But with the Silencer and stock extension coming out, it may be a little early to do that. I'd want to see the MP Megs with the extras first.

3. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

I think the problem people have with ideas like this is that now there is an external pieces needed to transform the figure. Most people see that as cheating. A similar idea was expressed using the silencer and shoulder mount, but some didn’t like the idea of separate pieces like that.

4. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

think of it like a powermaster megatron. i only display megatron and havnt transformed him so itd make mine look better. i wish i knew how to pull this off.,

5. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer Casseticon Master

[​IMG]
    so you take this part, split it in 2 and put it in the legs side?, inside?

I kind of like the idea cause in the japanese transformers generations book there is a similar image, dont know if it is megatron, but there are concept images of the extra pices combining to form a weird car or a canon platform or a extra canon/jet pack on the figure it self

6. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    The problem is Meg's legs are filled with his.. uh... legs.. and feet. So there really isnt any room in his legs/pistol grip/handle to fit a magazine. Unless you were thinking it would just be a seperate piece that gets put aside when in gun mode and is only used for 'bot mode.

7. Valandar

Valandar Dilettante and Dabbler

I think that's exactly what he means, Sy-Rein

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    If that's the case, I dont think I'd like that very much. Masterpiece figures should be self-contained, imo.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The other issue is that MP Megs' legs are all scaled appropriately to how he's designed. That is, his whole leg is skinny. Thigh, shin, foot. If you add parts to bulk up the shin... he'll still have thin thighs, and narrow feet. Which'll look stupid. Thighs would be decently easy to bulk up as well. And then he'd have thin knees. Which can't be fixed. No win situation here.

10. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

i guess your right about the scale thing. i bever even thought about the thighs. oh well he is awesome as he is.

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Yeah, at first I really liked all the suggestions of possibly having a stock that could separate and add bulk to the legs, but once I actually got the figure in hand, I quickly realized that it would be impossible to do without looking seriously out of place & clunky. There's nowhere to attach anything - not in a way that would make the legs look better or even more solid.

Personally, I find this figure to be very angle specific. Meaning, if he's positioned just right, his legs don't look too skinny at all. Pictures for this guy in particular can be (and are) very misleading dependent on the way they're shot.

12. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I think the OP has a great idea, assuming he can pull it off.

I don't think it's "cheating" to have a magazine clip add bulk to his legs any more than it is "cheating" to have Rumble transform into a tape and fit inside Soundwave's chest. It wouldn't be an "integral" part of the MP-05.

Or like Macross's FAST packs.

I think it's a great idea, Aptom. If you made it look good (and affordable), I'm sure some people would buy.

13. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I had a similar idea, but once I got the figure I realized the engineers probably thought of it, but had to sacrifice it for some reason, it is really as perfect as can be.

Yeah, but Rumble can actually go inside of soundwave, where as the clip wouldn't go anywhere in alt mode.