Masterpiece Megatron - He's a bit crap really ???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Red leader, May 27, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I was totally in awe when I heard news we were getting megs and the unpainted proto shots were awesome, however I now sit here staring at his gangly body and find myself thinking that he's a bit tud really, he's like a bigger version of the G1 original with a bit of extra articulation which for £50 notes kind of sucks.

Now the dust has firmly settled is anyone else just a little teeny bit dissapointed in MP Megsy :) 

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i also heard the trigger is in a different place to avoid bad jokes lol. but from whai ive seen, i would only get him if i could extra cheap-guns arent my thing

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I'm disappointed actually. I like him... he's GOOD... but not a patch on MP Prime or Starscream. Those two are pure love.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Crap? Far from it.

Perfection? Hell no.

Best Megs fig? Not by a long shot.

Worst Megs fig? hardly.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just wish his legs were a bit thicker and a diff face. so plain. looks liks some weird porcelain doll face, thats my only gripes.

6. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    In the scheme of things the fig doesnt blow as tf's go but he sure does suck as far as Megatrons go

7. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

I think he's the best Megatron out there today

8. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't want MP Megatron because:
    -the thin anorexic legs
    -the rediculously complex transformation
    -the fear of breaking one of the tiny thin plastic pieces.

9. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed! Unlike most TF's Megatron is a gun, and to create a balanced robot form figure out of a gun is a true engineering accomplishment! Much less the fact that he is very G1 accurate!

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    id rather have the Henkie (sp?) version-ya know, the classics w/ the G1 deco? and i if he is the best Megs, Leader Animated Megs is prbly gonna steal that from him

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Naw, I like him more than any other Masterpiece. Well worth the money.

12. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

I'd say it's the weaker mold we've got in the Masterpiece line so far. He's good and awesomly engineered, but MP Prime and Starscream (and repaints) are vastly superior in my book.

MP Megs feels more like a display piece than an actual toy. I can't pick him up and 'play a bit' (aka transform) with him like other MPs. I transformed him once when I got him, and it took me around 2 hours to figure out with the instructions! I was reluctant to use some strenght to get some part transformed in fear of breaking him. This didn't happen with the other, I transformed MP Starscream a good number of time, it's easy, fast, and it feels sturdy all the time.

But for a gun that transform into a great looking robot, he deserve his 'Masterpiece' name :) 

13. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Your not the only one, my reaction to him was pretty much the same as yours. Only good thing was I sold mine before the second production run was announced when he was still really hot and actually sold him for $30-40 more then I bought him for.

14. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Yeah the face really put me off from getting him. When TFSource had him for 75 a few weeks back, I seriously debated getting him, but glad I fought the urge. Looks like an engineering wonder, and certainly cool looking on his own, but just not nearly as good as Prime or SS as has been stated already.

15. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

I like him, but agree that he's not great but not horrible. He'd be beyond awesome if he was of better quality plastic and not so damn fragile. The face and legs don't bother me too much, though the canno is way to heavy, especially since the arm joint barely count's as a ratchet joint, so there's little resistance to keep it from falling down.

16. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

WARNING! DOES NOT COMPUTE!

j/k In all honesty, he's the Masterpiece that I tinker with, the least. I love him and he was well worth the price I paid (got a good deal on a used one, $80.00 shipped!)and he's one of the nicest figures in terms of complexity of design, but yeah...he can be a pure pain in the ass when you get down to it.

=\

I'd still buy him if I had to do it all over again, though.

17. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    piece of crap, flimsy and easily broken.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    It's got a few setbacks but I still think it kicks ass. IMO it's the best engineered TF ever, take that how you will. It shouldn't break unless you treat it like a mainline toy.

19. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

whoa, unless you count the shoulder and hip pieces easily popping off as "breaking" I'd have to disagree.

I will agree with "flimsy", and :rolleyes:  at "piece of crap". He is a real bitch to get to stand the way you would want him to stand, especially for a display piece, but it's mostly because of the huge scope/cannon (lets face it he's masterpiece nothing without the cannon).

I admit to greatly disliking the lack of proper weight distribution his canon creates if you try to just stand him straight up with his legs straight, forcing him to slump his right shoulder down to the right and shrug his left shoulder up.

But when you do finally pull off the desired pose and have him next to MP Prime and Starscream, man is it ever satisfying!!!!!!!!

As a collector I expect most things with "masterpiece" status to be, for the most part, display pieces or perhaps even unconventional to accommodate the details that are expected.

Glad to own him, wont be selling him!

20. NoenGaruth

NoenGaruth Not liking ze dizzy...

I don't think he's crappy or anything, sure there was room for improvment (Size of the fusion cannon for one), but overall I think he makes a very nice display piece. (Course my favourite MP will always be Skywarp, he's just so sturdy and well built unlike starscream who alreay has stress marks on the wing joints....)