Masterpiece line ends

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Agent-GHQ, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    It has been quite some time since we herd of the next rumored MP Grimlock. That said, I wonder why the MP line appears to be in silent mode? Has Takara-Tomy reached a decision to discontinue the MP line altogether?

They could have at least give us MP Thundercracker as its just a repaint.

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The movie line probably slowed things down for them, as well as the Henkei line being recently released. MP toys generally take a while to be produced, so no surprise Grimlock's taking a while, if that really is the next one.

3. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

Why so quick to reach that conclusion? You've pretty much already written off the line simply because nobody has heard anything about it in a few months. I'm sure something like MP Grimlock or whatever other MP they have planned takes awhile to engineer and plan and get made.

Until official word is given, nothing is discontinued. :) 

4. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'm assuming they're busy reviving the encore series...they'll never end the masterpiece series...never!!! NEVER!!!! NEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!

5. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno. MP Starscream and Skywarp were a failure, the 2nd production run of Megatron is becoming an 'online shelf warmer' since it's still available everywhere. I won't be surprised if TakaTomy decides to end the MP line at all.

6. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    If I can recall correctly when the previous MP line was released, there were progress reports such as blue prints, sketches, and test shots etc., but it was cold silent since the last rumored MP Grimlock. Since then, there should have been a rough sketch or something.

I just find that awkward for such time has past and no progress report.

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How the heck do you get that masterpiece starscream was a failure?? Thats just silly if it was such a failure why would takara be releasing the mold a third time and hinting at a fourth?

8. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I think it was a failure because of the shoddy plastic we were given. Stress marks came to easily as well as cracks and breaks. Things werent lining up properly like the front of the jet. It was a fail in my eyes. I think they should consider it a fail if toys like leader prime and even leader brawl were better toys as far as quality and durability of the figure.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    This happens every few mp figures, no one hears anything declares the line dead thean some random figure comes out and we get sketches for the next one. Besides their probably busy designing TF2 movie figures the next one will probably be masterpiece movie prime.

10. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Sales-wise, I hardly think MP Starscream was a failure. If it were, Wal-Mart (of all places) wouldn't have been given the go on selling the US MP Starscream (in all its G1 glory).

Back to what the OP said, I do believe that this could cause some to worry, since there's literally been no "new" news in quite a while. If a line isn't holding up to their expectations, I'm sure they'd drop it (just look at Alternators and the Titanium series). BUT, I don't think it's been dropped and I think it's still going to crank out at least a few more, before possibly pulling any plugs.

11. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dun think it's ended yet. for example just take a look at the Binaltech line, so silent for quite sometime & then suddenly we have 4 upcoming releases: Binaltech BT-19 Bluestreak (Subaru Imprezza WRX) BT-20 Jazz repaint in movie deco, BT-21 Arcee (Honda S2000 Hard Top) & BT-22 Convoy (Dodge Ram SRT10).

So dun worry, just hang in there. be patient.

12. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I don't think you should be calling this one so soon. Botcon is coming up. SDCC is just a few short months away. These kinda things don't always pop out of the blue... especially when there hasn't been much in the way of news lately.

I won't lose hope just yet. Not until we get an official word.

13. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OMG I hope not!!! That would definitely stop me from completing the MP line for sure. I wouldn't pay $30 for a MP movie prime! How could you even think such a thing BAD BOY BAD BOY!

So far the MP line has been reserved for G1 homage figures only. Any variation from that would be a very bad move.

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I don't understand this reasoning at all.

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    a couple month lull in news on one particular line that only sees 1-2 releases a year means nothing.

16. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Uhh, what?

Masterpiece Starscream sold out as a walmart exclusive within a few weeks, and that's at a LOT of retail stores nationwide.

The japanese version of the cartoon colored MP SS has only been out a couple of months really, so what if it's still on shelves? It still sells. The biggest problem with it, is that it probably costed people in Japan less to import the walmart one since it retailed for half as much(dunno wtf TakTomy did that...)

Masterpiece Skywarp, I can't seem to find it available anywhere. So I don't really see the failure with this figure.

And they probably didn't think they'd sell out of the 2nd run of MP Megatron even though they did sell out of the first production run extremely quickly. It also hasn't been out for some insane span of time. And it actually is sold out at some retailers.

When the figures still available end up getting clearance prices, then you might want to call them shelfwarmers. Still doesn't mean that they're failures.

Keep in mind that there was a significant span of time between releases of the molds, and over the past 6 months there was what, 2 production runs of the SS mold, and another production run of the megatron mold, plus they're also busy with the encore line, releasing more BT figures, releasing the original classics in japan along with classics 2.0, movie tf figures we'll never see in the US, animated figures hitting shelves...

They're BUSY! There's no reason for them to be desperate to release another MP figure right away, seeing as how they have SIX lines of tf figures currently in production and on shelves. If anything it'd make more sense to just delay it when they have less on the shelf(finishing movie TF's, getting animated out there, etc), and release a new MP figure when there's less of their own product crowding shelf space.

More time to make a new MP mold = GOOD

Not to mention the fact that people only have so much money to spend at once anyway.

17. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Even if we don’t get anything this year, the 25th anniversary is bound to have some kind of 'Masterpiece' like surprise.

18. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Agreed, I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on a few designs for that.

19. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Transformers is cancelled!!!!

20. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I just hope we get a Masterpiece Thundercracker before it's all said and done, I want all three G1 Seekers in at least ONE line damnit.