Masterpiece Grimlock's Crown

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deceptihunter, Nov 24, 2010.

1. deceptihunter

deceptihunter sssssmmmmokin!

Hey all. This had bothered me for about 5 minutes after I bought MP Grimlock yesterday. His crown just sat on top of his head and could easily fall off. I checked you tube and all the reviews on here but it seems that everybody just has it sitting on top of his head. This is what it looked like.
    [​IMG]

So, I looked at the underside of the crown and it seemed as though the crown was made to go down farther on his head. I pushed it down and it "popped" into place. Don't worry you won't break it. This is what it looked like.
    [​IMG]

See how it fills in those gaps between his head and his crown. Also, it looks like it fits his head better. Here is a view from the side.
    [​IMG]

It has a good look to it now. Also, now that the crown is properly placed on Grimlock's head, you can shake it, drop it, turn it upside down and the crown will not fall off. See.
    [​IMG]

Now, to get it off, you get your fingernail under the front and pull up and it'll come right off. Also, if anybody hasn't thought of this by now, the crown can stay on Grimlock's bot head in dino mode as well. Enjoy!

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    glad you figured it out...buti don't really thing anyone has had an issue but if so, im sure this will help...glad you figured it out

3. deceptihunter

Thanks! I'm always looking for stuff to help out fellow members.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I was quite pleased when I found this out myself as it meant I didnt have to find somewhere safe to store the crown when he's in dino mode. Pity there's nowhere to store the sword though. He has to hold it in his little dino arms. At least the gun can slot onto his dino back. All it needed was a peg or hole on the sword and the opposite connection on his dino mode somewhere. It's not like either would've been a huge eyesore.

As for clicking the crown on properly I only did it once out of the box but I was afraid I might break it when getting it off so it's pressed on there just tight enough to keep me happy.

5. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    i still can't get it to stay on his dino head and not fall off easily...as for grimlocks sword tho...there are lots of other transformers that like to have a turn with it around my apartment when grimlock isn't using it. WFC prime in particular seems to enjoy holding it....

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I figured this out too!
    Also, I figured out some strange kind of easter egg. If you turn the crown the other way and put it on G1 Hot Rod's head it fits perfectly! No other TF's in my collection had the right head size except Grimlock himself and Hot Rod. Maybe it has designed that way on purpose as foreshadowing to Masterpiece Hot Rod?

7. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    looks better on botcon cidersaur's dino head

[​IMG]

:bowdown: 

8. deceptihunter

Where can the gun store at in Dino mode? I didn't know you could store it?

9. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Ditto. My MP Grimlock lives on my computer desk, so I pulled him down after I read that, amd I dont see where his gun can be stored/kept on his back. Please elaborate!

10. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, I never knew that, it does sit a lot better on my Grimlock. Thanks for the tip.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Thanks for the info. Had a feeling it would click in better, but was always afraid to push too hard.

Never thought about putting it on other bots, going to try it on some Starscreams.:D 

12. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    There's a little hatch on his back, probably a homage to the G1 figure's Diaclone driver hatch. If you flip it open the gun can sit into it. Dunno if it's actually designed for that since the gun doesn't click into place or anything but it works well enough for sitting the gun into.
    I don't have a camera to hand but if memory serves there were a few photos of it stored in there in one of the Feedback threads, which is where I found out about it.

13. deceptihunter

Pics Please! Where is the hatch at? I keep looking for one but I don't see it.

14. Gingerchris

News Credits:
  15. deceptihunter