Masterpiece Grapple

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Primeconvoy1, Sep 5, 2016.

1. GRAW

GRAW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_2703.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2699.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  2. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep each figure has its own strenghts and weaknesses. I am not into Hauler but when I get my MMC Artfire, I'll be somewhat replicating the setup above. Good times.

4. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  5. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

I'm the exact opposite, TT trounces the competition so hard, it isn't even close, it's quite embarrassing actually particularly when compared to the source material. It's the simple understated elegance which puts TT above it's rivals. Just look at the way they've managed to capture the likeness of Grapple.....uncanny!? I can almost hear Grapple's voice just by looking at him something that can't be said for the other pretenders.

• Like Like x 4
  6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BaronThunderSnuggles

BaronThunderSnuggles New Member

I wonder if they will release a more toon accurate version using Bumblebee's mold.... like in this pic! Lmao! #repaintwhores

Attached Files:

9. GRAW

GRAW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I may be the minority that I like MT the most, mostly because I owned the Diaclone toy way before TF is aired and didn't watch the TV series much, so I don't care about toon accuracy, and MT is way better than the other 2 in terms of build quality:

3 out if the 4 faces from TT has paint chips, overall paintwork seems can be scratched easily, and it is lack of heft, car mode looks nothing like a real world vehicle(Well, that's toon accuracy), and MMC.... I wanted that mold so much, it looks good BUT built like a KO, QC is sucks, plastic feels cheap, molding is not sharp, they should clean the mold before injections, you can see dirt mark in their plastic, paint scratches, color mis-match, spill over everywhere, hook is bent right out of the box, stress mark from assembly, loose ratchet, needs to remove(or mod ) part of the feet to allow alt mode to tabs together securely..... it only looks OK from a distance, the design is good, just the QC kills it...

MT on the other hand, it may not be toon accurate, but if you hold it in your hand, you can tell it is a quality toy, and a perfect modernized version of the original Diaclone toys.

just my 2 cents

• Like Like x 4
  10. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I opened mine up over the weekend as well and while he's mostly good and I love the added leg details, he doesn't impress me as much as Inferno did.

Mostly it's because the bicep and elbow joints are ridiculously tight causing the shoulders to pop out all the time, and while some of the paint is flawless, some of it seems rougher than Inferno's. There are tiny little dust particles which are more apparent at least. Finally, the transformation is not quite as elegant, and to be feels about on par with some 3rd party MPs, and with an end result of a crane with very little utility due to it's short length.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad I got him, but he's just not a home run.

11. Ultra Martin

Ultra Martin Member

I've ordered a MP Grapple too but I'm a little concerd about the tightness some of you write about.
    Is it really that bad that you think something will break?:confused: 
    I'm always very carefull with my Transformers so I hope transforming him will still be very enjoyable.

12. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Well-Known Member

I have two - slight tightness on elbow and bicep on both copies, but they have both loosened up nicely and no paint flaking in those areas.

My only regret is that I'm not permitted to get a third one hahah (saving for a holiday has to be the priority).

13. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the beefy look of MT. It's a great take on the character. It's not 'toon, thus not on my MP shelf, but if MT made a TM Artfire out of that mold, I'd so be there.

They all look great.

14. Skullhammer

Skullhammer Powermaster

Reading of the paint chipping makes me wonder why they painted him anyway if he's already molded in that color

15. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

The paint looks better, it has a nicer finish and is more vibrant than the plastic.

16. Skullhammer

Skullhammer Powermaster

I understand but it seems shitty if you look at your figure and see that chipping. Especially with a Transformer that is supposed to be used many times.

17. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. Some wear is just going to be a part of having collectibles that are fun to play with though.

For example, I was disappointed when my Armaruaders Bellerophon started showing some paint shipping on one of the arms near the joint. It has a very high-end finish but not high-end enough to withstand a few hours of posing.

I wonder if there's either a type of paint or a special process Takara could use to help with durability without increasing price much.

18. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    Agreed about the paint on grapple chipping. Mine has chippped on the grey pieces on the top of the shoulder and has scratched on the front of the shoulder. The grey was chipped out of the box.

19. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
  20. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta RESPECT MAH ATHORITEH

He looks slightly shortet than MP Inferno.

Awesome shots as always