Heavy/Scratch: Masterpiece Dragstrip and Dead End

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Wikkid, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Finally got tired of playing WFC so I got back into finishing these. With Dead End, I opted to go as toon accurate as possible while giving it a more realistic presence. The car is sprayed in an authentic maroon used on Porsche products from 1982-86. The colour is called "Rotbraun" er something like that and was the only metallic/pearl maroon during those years. Even though the stripes weren't always present in the toon depiction of Dead Ends car mode, I had to add them after having WFC Dead End become one of my favourite playable characters. The figure itself is just a basic reshell of Alternators Mirage complete with the 928's interior transplanted.

Dragstrip is easily my least favourite with how these customs are turning out as his alt mode sits WAY too high for my liking. This was unavoidable as his combining mount needed to be in place on the underside. The robot mode is a slight departure from the toon or toy in that the arms aren't the sides of the car. This could probably have been done easily enough but I've got so damn many alts that I wanted to use a variety of them. The color used is Lamborghinis "Super fly yellow" and the figure used to be Alternators Dead End. The car has a nicely detailed engine and a full interior from the Tyrell P34.

Attached Files:

2. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Sweet!

I love the G1 accuracy, and intact interiors. Bad ass man!

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome! I was so waiting for you to do more of these!

4. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

you just made my day with this post,awesome as always

5. Jbarb78

Jbarb78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Excellent, been waiting for something like this around here for a while now. By combining mount, are you hinting at a combined mode with these??

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SWEET!!! These look HOT!!

7. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Outstanding!

8. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

That's so good it's F'n scary. Marverlous, Wikkid-sama.

9. wan_de_real

wan_de_real Transformizer

Ebay:
    im quite tired with radicons who doing conbiner that just same height with MP Megatron and call that masterpiece...

im waiting for this about a years...this is what Masterpiece is all about....to do a Masterpiece scale like official Masterpieces..and add all the detailed like suggestions that official Masterpice figures supposed to be...this is the accurate standard..

the detailed that you put like engine and interior....im explode..clean job...cant wait for conbiner mode..this will be legend after Predaking X:bay :bay :bay 

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I lol'ed when I read this :lol 

One of the things I've enjoyed the most from your latest updates here is how much you've improved on your work. I've always adored your work, but you've really amped up your skills, bud. These two look great.

Christmas for Quaddy is just around the corner too :D 

11. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Hem.... yeah... wel my Devy couldn't even fit in my glass case :(  and that one is the slightly bigger than Unicron....
    Do you really think people would have a near building sized Combiner behind glass, just to be in scale with MP's? I speak behalf of other to.... I'm sure of it

But I do agree on loose fingure like the Galvatron MP etc.

12. wan_de_real

wan_de_real Transformizer

Ebay:

THE "MP" title is not about having your pleasure choose "any sizes class figures" and easily called it "Masterpiece"...Hasbro and Takara not easily called "MP" line "if" the size isn't larger enuff and apropriate than previous 1984 classic toyline ..you have to face the fact that:

"Transformers: Masterpiece is a subline of the Transformers series by Hasbro and Takara/Takara Tomy. The Masterpiece series consists of redesigned toys of famous characters in the Transformers: Generation 1 toy line, as well as the live-action film series. The line's toys are larger, more detailed, more complex to transform, and more poseable than their original versions, but their appearances have been kept as close to the original on-screen characters as possible.."

So any customizer that try to attempt figures heaight, quaality, detailness, complexity and etc etc like MP1 does(or the rest of MPs) is eligible to call "masterpiece" standard...so it is not about customizer's pleasure/ attention to scale with their own showing glass then talk "it is not fit with my glasses so i wont do it larger, but i want to called it MP"...TF class figure is not about your own thinking or sake...

other thing.."redesigning as accurate like G1 outlook is the most important in above words...so do you think taking established "design" of classsic line and conbine it (is that you called redesign?), sorry im not talking "to-be-pro" here but im teaching the priciple of design for almost 10 years now and what i can 110% sure..not all custom we can call masterpiece "if" the "fact of terms" is already stated and given by manufacturer who have all those "creative content"..

back to subject...Wikkid..dont worry your custom is absolutely an MPs.. im just a little bit "touching" against some people just easily stated calling their custom as an "MP title..(that supposed honoured given only to some like your custom standards..) :inquisiti 

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Ok folks, back on topic of Wikkid's work here.

14. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    *what ever* :D  indeed this work is amazing! and thus worthy of MP signature right ;) 

15. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    tasty stuff mark. These are gorgeous. Formula's are really difficult to bash with cuz they're so compact and low to the ground. you did an amazing job with it brutha.

16. wirth

wirth Seekers

love the interior and machine detail..they are awesome..

17. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Fantastic work! You really captured the feel of the characters but totally upgraded them at the same time. Looking forward to Menasor!

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well the pictures certainly don't belittle Dragstrip's alt-mode any at all. :lol : I think they both look great. Could we get maybe a good side-shot of DS to get a better look at what bothers you?

19. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

They look incredible. The only issue I have is with Dead End. It looks a little sloppy around the windows. If you could clean that up, it would be perfect..

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    If Wikkid sends them to me, I'll shoot some photos for y'all. :ev: