Masterpiece Dinobots

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tampalicious, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I was fortunate enough to get a MP Grimlock an Wheelie fig from a member , 46+2 (thanks again cant say it enough) , and I was wondering what are the chances of getting some Dinobots to go with him that are in scale with him.
    Either 3rd party, or not, do you guys think it will ever happen? I just cant see Grimlock without Slag, Swoop, Sludge an Snarl (In that order :)  )
    He looks so lonely

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The newest rumour is that their is a company that set out to make a small dinobot set years ago and then early this year it was changed to MP scale.

We only saw one pic for a drawing that said MP. Nothing else is known abotu this project.

I for one am waiting for more news because I would buy them in a heartbeat.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd think making a whole new MP figure is too much for a 3rd party company. Maybe they'll just supersize the G1 molds so those are in scale with MP Grimlock.

4. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Speaking of supersizing the original molds (that would work great for dino-mode display next to MP Grim) there's a giant sized KO of the G1 Grimlock toy on eBay right now.
    Transformers Oversized G1 Grimlock Jumbo MOSC | eBay UK
    My question is, does anyone know if that KO company also make giant versions of the other Dinobots?

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    It's a real shame that there are no plans for more MP Dinobots. When you look at what they did with transferring G1 Grimlock to Masterpiece, it seems like it should be very easy to do with the rest as well since their G1 versions are already so toon accurate minus the limited articulation. Plus it would just be insanely awesome to have all 5 of them in that size.

6. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    @Payton: Awesome thanks so much for the wonderful links. :) 
    Dinobots rule.

8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    It is with a almost 100% certainty that the other dinobots dont gets made because they are not as iconic and well known as Grimlock. He is the one that stands out, he is the one that ppl know of, he is the one that sells for money. Snarl, Slag, Swoop and SLudge how cool they still are they wont be MP material.

9. stevenmh

stevenmh Well-Known Member

It's a real shame that there are no plans to expand the line instead of recycling characters they've already sold us. I'm in for MP10 because I love the new look. I'm excited about Magnus, but it's still a repaint with armor. There's been way too much of the Prime and Seeker molds in the MP line and not enough of everything else. Dinobots would be awesome and would add some breadth to this line. I doubt there's anyone who knows who Grimlock is who isn't aware he was part of a 5-man team. I doubt there's anyone out there who bought Grimlock who would scoff at buying the others. I used to not pay much attention to third party companies, but lately I find myself regretting that (anyone want to sell me a City Commander for retail? please?). I'm hoping that if HasTak doesn't get to these guys, someone else will.

10. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just got my MP Grimlock as well, at a TRU in New Hampshire (still three or four left if anyone's still looking - it's the one in Portsmouth).

Wow, that looks really nice!

Makes me excited about the possibility/likelihood that some third party company will do the rest of the Dinobots (especially Swoop).

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Thats rubbish how many people on this forum would snap up the rest of the dinobots if takara actually made them? i'm betting just about every person would and the same would go for most other fans!! they would rake the cash in!! tell me one fan who would not salivate over a whole set of mp dinobots!!

12. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the big question is, exactly how much of the sales in Takara's Masterpiece line comes from overseas buyers (namely North America, Europe, etc) and how much is in their home base of Japan.

We would probably salivate over an MP Shockwave, Soundwave, etc. but it's always been said that the evil characters don't sell as well in Japan. With the exception of Megatron, obviously, because he's Prime's counterpart and Starscream who is equally iconic (Thundercracker and Skywarp, not so much, but the mold was already created so the costs were significantly reduced).

Grimlock is an equally iconic character, but I'm not sure about the other Dinobots. If it's a case where the sales are split 50-50 (half of the total sales come from Japan, the other half from overseas), then they may take a chance on them. But, if it's more like 70-30 or so in favor of Japanese sales, then it may not be worth the effort on their end.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    While I think Grimlock is cool, I would not buy the other G1 Dinobots as MP. I rather have the Dinobot I grew up as an MP figure, BW Dinobot aka Hall of Famer.

14. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    It was specifically said in the Masterpiece speculation thread that Takara have MPS 11-15 in development already, and there are no plans for the
    other four Dinobots.

Of course since there are so many people here who seem to know what a multi-billion dollar company should do to make money, i'm sure you'll all
    put your heads together and figure out a way to persuade them.

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I wouldent

The thing is not all characters are needed in MP format. There is a long list before the likes of the dinobots would even be considerd.

Galvatron
    Soundwave
    Shockwave
    Cyclonus
    Scourge
    a few selection of Autobot Cars like Jazz, Prowl etc etc.

Dont get me wrong I ama G1 nutter into the bones but as I said, not everything needs to be in MP format.

Then you have the repaint abilety. Sure you could repaint the dinobots into either diaclone colors or anime accurate, most noticeble in swoops case.

16. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I'd like to have them in the MP Grimlock scale,i wouldn't call them MP.In no universe is Grimlock smaller than Prime.

17. apooh812

apooh812 Well-Known Member

wow!! If a 3rd party willing to buy the mold, i wouldn't mind paying $150 at all. I would love to have the complete dinobot roster.

18. Darkman20xx

Darkman20xx Well-Known Member

I personally would take all the dinobots deluxe size, voyager, or mp size. It's a shame that the only complete sets we have are G1 and WST. The classics line dropped the ball with this one. That being said I think mp versions are a longshot. After the movie the other dinobots kind of just vanished as you just saw Grimlock by himself post Rodimus reign. Never could figure out what happened to the rest of them.

19. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree, somewhat. While I'd certainly be excited about any other MP Dinobots, I will remain disappointed until we get an MP Soundwave and Shockwave, at the very least, either officially or through iGear.

But I would definitely buy Swoop and any others if they were made, regardless.

20. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

So much this. ^