Heavy/Scratch: Masterpiece Death's Head

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by IgTerminals, Nov 17, 2016.

1. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The guy that taught Megatron everything he knows TFW2005 Supporter

:music 
    If there was ever a custom's hall of fame, this would be the first inductee! What a magnificent creation. I salute your efforts on your very first custom sir. All accolades are well deserved.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I only own G2 Bee so I don't actually know how the other would look in person. Maybe I would've been happy with the G1 version. Oh well, goes with Sideswipe at least.

I'm a cartoon and comic guy (even if one of them holds up a lot better without a bowl of nostalgia on the side) but if I can ever get Prime a second head/figure one of them is getting the Marvel treatment too. Will probably worry about ruining an MP if it is only a second head at stake too.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the wip pics, always enjoyed 'behind the scenes' stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IgTerminals

IgTerminals Force Chip - Ignition!

DSC_0004_2.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. victoryconvoy

victoryconvoy Well-Known Member

I though that they had a icons size one that is about 10 inches but ifyou make any look me up

5. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Holy crap this is magnificent! :jawdropper: 

We need someone to mass produce this, an MP v1 DH is sorely missing from the collection!

• Like Like x 1
  6. victoryconvoy

HAS ANY THIRD PARTY REACHED OUT TO YOU

• Like Like x 1
  7. IgTerminals

No. Would they, though?

8. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Holy Cannoli how did I miss this??
    OK, I am a huge DH fan but aside from that, this is fantastic work. the sculpts are really solid and the paints are great and the whole thing is really amazing work. Head sculpt is amazing, eyebrows are freaking glorious, weapons and stuff are fantastic - it's mind-blowing how good this turned out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. victoryconvoy

honestly yes im surprised they have not a company can make this two sizes and kill two birds with one stone by covering the marvel legends and voyager size chugs and covering the masterpiece line also

10. IgTerminals

Well, if you know any contact details...? ;-)

11. victoryconvoy

brother i wish i did it is a great figure

12. Astro Magnum

Astro Magnum Well-Known Member

You probably don't need to hear any more praise for this figure - but this is the best custom (of Death's Head or anyone else) that I've ever seen. I've looked at lots of Death's Head customs over the last decade or so, and I thought that many of them were pretty good. I didn't covet any of them though. Yours? There are no words for how much I covet yours. I've been a lurker on these forums for a while - but it was only seeing your Death's Head custom that prompted me to sign up as a member, just so that I could tell you how amazing I thought it was.

Given the amount of time you've put into it, and the level of interest that there clearly is in this figure, you should look into how easy it would be to make casts of the figure parts you customised, with an eye to selling them as a set so that people could assemble and paint their own Death's Head from the same base figure. I get the impression from this thread that there'd be quite a bit of interest, and it'd certainly be a lot less work for you than assembling another one from scratch...

It's a staggeringly good figure, and it's apparent that you've spent a huge amount of time and effort getting him exactly right. I'm very jealous - both of the end result, and of your skill in realising it. Well done.

• Like Like x 2
  13. OptimusTimelord

Well said, and well done for de-lurking (great username!). I think casting parts might be a good alternative to a 3rd party version. Not having to transform must make the number of parts much more manageable.

Maybe things could be made easier if the parts could be done as add-ons for an existing body? I've had a vague notion myself that Deadpool's Colossus character might be a good base figure for v1 Death's Head, specifically the arms and thighs. Just throwing some ideas out there.

BTW Op, any WIP pics on this project?

• Like Like x 1
  14. IgTerminals

Wow. Thank you for the kind comments. Thank you for unlurking (;-)) Astro Magnum, just to post here. I genuinely can't believe the reaction.
    If casting I'd have to look into it. It's not something I've done before, and I don't know how greenstuff, styrene and paint will hold up to the process. Also, some serious modification may be in order to turn the parts into an add-on kit, as everything was designed to be built into the figure, as opposed to around an existing figure. Something to consider though.
    Optimus Timelord - there's some WIP pics on page 2 of this thread. Just a selection though, I can post more if you're interested.
    :-D

15. OptimusTimelord

Lol that serves me right for not re-reading the thread before commenting :dunce  I remember seeing them now :lol  Also someone else mentioned Colossus. There's an 8 inch figure that seems to be still available at a reasonable price; that's only a head shorter than MP-10. Surely with the added bulk of DH's lower legs and boots the overall height could be extended, yes? :-D

16. IgTerminals

My original aborted attempt involved an 8inch Legends(?) Venom figure. It didn't get very far, basically served as a warm up with green stuff, and some basic Lego for shins. You'd be surprised how weedy and disproportionate something like that looks, though. It's not just height. To my mind, DH was a bruiser anyway, but he also had to scale appropriately with the width of the likes of MP10. That's why I gave up, and came back a year later knowing I had to scratch-build the thing. 10 inches is a really odd scale in figures.

17. OptimusTimelord

Yeah I get ya, he does need the right width. It's hard for me to tell cos I don't collect any human action figures. Also I suppose if you were to mold and sell DH as some sort of kit, you'd need to remake/replace more than 50% of any base figure... at which point you may as well just create 100% original parts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    Now THAT is really, really impressive. Kudos! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  19. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    WOW

• Like Like x 1
  20. Grimlock75