Heavy/Scratch: Masterpiece Custom Kre-O - Lego Optimus G1 - Movie Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MeGrimlock1976, Sep 29, 2012.

1. MeGrimlock1976

MeGrimlock1976 Wrecker

Updated: Scroll above for new, better pictures showing off his full range of articulation including his 180 degree waist! :) 

My G1 version of Movie Prime. I built this using several different Kre-O sets and some Legos from scratch. My resources were some what limited so I did my best with what I have. This represents what I would have liked Movie Prime to be in the Movies... Hope you all like it! My first custom build ever of any sort. :) 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Very good job, I feel like copying your gun! :D 

3. MeGrimlock1976

MeGrimlock1976 Wrecker

Thanks. I forgot to mention that his waist is also fully articulated and he can turn 90 degrees in both directions and I also have it hinged so it doesn't just spin when you tap it... I rushed when doing the photos and didn't do him much justice... I am going to do another set and add them sometime soon showing off more of his waist. I also am going to use some of the stickers as well and am looking for some finishing tiles to smooth out his inner arms and outer legs... I am currently also doing Megatron and Then Starscream. Currently looking searching for purple and lime lego pieces to because I am definitely doing a G1 Devastator!! :) 

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  4. MeGrimlock1976

MeGrimlock1976 Wrecker

Let me correct that! A G1 Devastator with proper colors, but an updated look like I did with Prime where he will be G1 but not a total brick... Very updated looking! :) 

5. MeGrimlock1976

MeGrimlock1976 Wrecker

:D  Updated pics which are more detailed and show the full articulation of the waist and other areas much better!!

Attached Files:

6. rcal7109

rcal7109 Maximal

That does look really cool. I might have to pick the set to try this out.

7. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome!

8. MeGrimlock1976

MeGrimlock1976 Wrecker

This is the original set but I used pieces from other sets also. I used a few from various other figures in the line as well as some lego pieces. I am still not 100% Happy with him.. I am applying stickers, did some tonight actually and I am going to use finishing tiles on the inside of the arms and outer legs where the bottoms of the bricks show. I also might thin his legs a tad, I am not sure yet about that. I think the bulk adds to the G1 look a little. Thanks for looking bro! :D 

Thanks for looking and for the kind words! I am glad you approve. I am working on a couple of updates and I will be posting here as soon as they are finished!! :D 

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  9. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

Wow, lots of Kreo love over the past few days. This is another nice rebuild of Optimus. He's proportioned well, has lots of articulation, and has a nice blaster to boot. Great work!!

10. MeGrimlock1976

MeGrimlock1976 Wrecker

Thank you very much. If you like him now stay tuned because he isn't done. I am adding a Matrix of leadership which will fit inside his chest and I have a bunch of other details I am fixing. I just found an error in my arm construction that prevents his fists from totally rotating for even more epic articulation. I can't wait to pose this guy even better with his upgrades! I will be posting more pics here so please stay tuned and please comment because I love feedback wether it is positive or negative. I am loving these customs and I am going nuts with this. I am going to be posting my entire collection of movie figures also in the near future which is massive. I will be up for trades for either Kre-o sets, Lego Blocks, or classics figures. Going to be using all the bricks I can get for future customs. I plan on evntually doing the entire First series of G1 figures and possibly the 2nd down the road! Since I have ever come to know transformers back when they first originated, building these has been more fun then anything I have ever experienced since I fell in love with them back in the early 80's :p  :rock 

11. c2close

c2close Well-Known Member

I really love this sir. The aesthetic is just pure genius. Much more creative that using this figures you can creat epic custom. KUDOS for a great job!

12. MeGrimlock1976

MeGrimlock1976 Wrecker

Thanks bud, glad you enjoy it!! :)  I am totally rebuilding it again as I wasn't quite satisfied with it.. I will let you know when I post the new and improved!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  13. Sideswipe2000

Sideswipe2000 Cybertron Transformer

Nice job!

14. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    halo covenent megabloks sets got plenty of purple. As for the lime moshi monsters skylanders giants sets have a few, but the lego shop is the best bet for that.

15. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    Cool.

16. MeGrimlock1976

MeGrimlock1976 Wrecker

Thank you. Your comment inspired me to pick this project back up and make it better. I think I may attempt to do a large G1 Prime next. :)