Masterpiece/Classics speculation and wishlists

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by VectorPrime404, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

This topic is for both predictions and wishlists. Here are some things I'd like to see:
    * Masterpiece and/or Classics toys of the other Dinobots. Grimlock needs his team. (Leader or Supreme class Sludge, people)
    * A new Classics Grimlock, possibly more show accurate (like the Classics Seekers) and possibly bigger. (Wouldn't a Voyager or Leader class toy of the Big Grim be nice?) Definitely with blue optics FOR ONCE.
    * Masterpiece Arcee. This would bring the total number of toys capable of representing her as she actually appeared up to two, and the number of such toys sold as G1 Arcee up to ONE.
    * Classics Arcee, also based off her animation model.
    * Masterpiece Thrust, Dirge, and Ramjet, with Thrust's secondary face being a look of pure horror.
    * Trailer for Masterpiece Optimus Prime, complete with Roller. C'mon, if he's really gonna represent Optimus from the show, he needs the bloody trailer.
    * On that note, trailer for Classics Prime. And maybe an official trailer for Classics Mags.
    * Masterpiece Ultra Magnus, designed such that his armor has knee joints, et cetera.
    * Masterpiece Astrotrain. Complete with functioning side rods and valve gear in locomotive form.
    * A Classics Astrotrain with a steam-loco alt. Comes with a tender that transforms into robot-mode and/or shuttle-mode weaponry.
    * Masterpiece Soundwave. And cassetticons. Purple Rumble, red-and-black Frenzy, Ravage, Ratbat, Laserbeak. With Rumble and Frenzy able to transform their arms into piledrivers...
    * While not really Classics, I would like to see reissues of the Cybertron show cast ,with improved paintwork and possibly a few joint improvements and some miscellaneous other changes (like Vector Prime's sword being 2-handed). And Leobreaker having the abandoned joints restored. The reason I wish this is because it would be cheaper for people to get figures they missed out on.
    * On that not, Ultra or Voyager class Cybertron Defense Hot Shot.
    * This is probably pushing it to wish for, but I would be thrilled to see Masterpiece versions of the Cybertron Leader Class figures (Optimus Prime, Megatron/Galvatron, Metroplex). Ideally Masterpieces of Leobreaker and Wing Saber too, as well as Vector Prime and Starscream. But that's pushing it. (To-scale Gigantion Transformers and giant Starscream are wishes that fall under the heading of pipe dream).
    * Masterpiece Blaster and his cassettobots.
    * An apology for the Timelines Astrotrain toy (the Armada Jetfire redeco), and a forthcoming replacement design. Seriously, worst Astrotrain EVER. Astrotrain's name says it all: Both a shuttle and a locomotive of some sort for vehicle modes.

2. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    There already is a few things that you listed, such as the trailer. And a MP Arcee has the same chance at being one than a Quintession does imo.

4. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

This thread also includes Classics.

5. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    g1 minimp prime bye hasbro.voyager seekers,voyager soundwave shockwave,deluxe insecticons, deluxe jazz clasics. leader fortmax leader trypticon leader stunticons. nuff said

6. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Search for Universe 3.0 and you'll fine a million other threads like this

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Masterpiece ain't gonna happen, but if Hasbro starts moving away from the "Classics has to be cars and other vehicles" thing, it's a possibility.

Highly unlikely. We've only had one Classic character get two toys and that was a repaint (unless you count Legends Bumblebee and Rodimus).

Never going to happen.

I'd be down for that - and any other season three characters.

I'm not sure how possible it would be to remold the MP Seeker mold into the Coneheads. And personally, I'd rather see a wider range of characters than more jets.

There is one. It came out in Japan with the MP Convoy reissue.

Hasbro is never going to release a trailer as a standalone toy. Especially not one for a figure that came out over three years ago. If you want one, you'll have to go third party.

Don't hold your breath.

Keep not holding your breath.

This would be cool and is not that far outside the realm of possibility. He likely wouldn't come with all those cassettes, though. And it would be with red Rumble and blue Frenzy, because you may be a big believer in RIBFIR, but Hasbro and Takara are quite firmly RIRFIB.

That ship has sailed. Hasbro isn't going to release retools of a five year old line.

Considering the MP line is mostly under Takara Tomy supervision, do not expect anything that isn't G1.

Not a prominent enough character to get a Masterpiece anytime soon.

It was a cancelled Universe repaint that ended up a fan club exclusive, cut the poor bastard a break.

8. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    Even though the alt modes are outdated, I think Soundwave & Blaster MP's would be cool...the cassettes would be great accessories for these guys. I also like the thought of MP's of the other dinobots.

Not sure if this stuff is even feasible, but it would be cool.

9. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

GIVE ME G1 DEVASTATOR MASTERPIECE!

I know it would be expensive to engineer blah, blah, blah. SO? who wouldn't buy a well made devastator figure? Each vehicle should have a robot mode. I realize it would be huge but each limb could be scout sized (although who wouldn't want to see deluxe sized constructicons ;) .)

10. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

-Deluxe Wheeljack, Jazz, Trailbreaker, Windcharger, Brawn, Orginal Rattrap, Terrorsaur, Tarantulus, Obsidian (using whatever design from the unproduced Deluxe Obsidian), Scourge, Kup, Arcee, Swoop, Slag, Snarl, Sludge, Hoist

-Voyager Shockwave, Soundwave, Rhinox, Galvatron, Grapple

-Ultra Deathsaurus, Star Sabre

-Supreme Fortress Maximus

More Combiners, Head/ Targetmasters, ressiue Primus, Marvel/ IDW Comic Only Characters (Straxus, Circuit Breaker, Scrounge, Deaths Head, Drift, Jiaxus, Rook)

11. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

As much as Masterpiece and Classics 3.0 threads have been done to death I'll offer my 2 cents.

I would like to see the following in Classics 3.0 line up

Autobots:
    Grapple (retooled from Inferno)
    Trailbreaker / Hoist (new shared mold, different heads & canopy versus towing hitch)
    Wheeljack / Tracks (new shared mold with leg transform that can work for both characters and different heads)
    Jazz (new mold)

Decepticons:
    Swindle (repaint of Hound with new head)
    Blitzwing (new mold)
    Shockwave (new mold)
    Galvatron (new mold, this character needs to be done some justice. The first one we got didn't seem right at that size)

12. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Well, I've posted in every other thread like this, why stop now?

My next Masterpiece: Rodimus/Hot Rod

Classics 3.0: Let's get a big ass figure - Fortress Maximus.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Been long enough. Why not.

I don't collect very many Masterpiece figures, so I... don't have any "wants" from them. I got the two I wanted, Prime and Starscream.

As for Classicsverse 3.0 Ver. Ka the Second:

New mold Henkei Season 3 characters. Kup, Scourge, Springer, maybe even their own Ultra Magnus. As far as I'm concerned, FunPub and their BotCon exclusives only have a deal with Hasbro and it doesn't really apply with TakTomy's market. Unless I'm mistaken on that.

Trailbreaker & Hoist I easily see as doable for this next return to the line.

Jazz. Duh. Porsche Cayman S please. Stepper/Ricochet naturally.

Wheeljack. Again, duh. I've posted pictures of the Lancia Fenomenon Stratos enough times.

Tracks. I'd really like to see this as the concept Stingray they had used for the movie.

Blitzwing. I'd buy two for sure, to display with different factions on my Seasons 1 & 2 and Movie/Season 3 shelves.

Arcee. Hasbro, people will buy Arcee. And a Paradron repaint.

New mold Voyager Soundwave. Takara, kids may not use them much, but they know what cassettes are. Laserbeak included. Frenzy and Rumble can be sold in a Legends two-pack.

Also, Blaster re-tool. Then more cassette two-packs.

14. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as Masterpiece goes, I'd like to see a Galvatron. Mainly because they're so expensive that I only plan on buying a few, and I'd like to have Prime/Megs, but Megs looks way too frightening and fragile for my tastes. I'd rather have a blocky, stable Galvatron.

Classics, I'm pretty satisfied with the "Confirmed/Rumor" pile that's been building steadily which includes Jazz, Wheeljack and Voyager Rhinox. I'd snap em all up in a heartbeat. I really wish they'd re-release some of the core team like Prime, Rodimus and Bumblebee from Classics 1 for collectors who just got back into the fray with the 1st and 2nd movies like myself =P.

Here's my "Wishlist" as it stands

MP-
    Galvatron
    Shockwave
    Scramble City Combiners

Classics

Dlx
    Jazz (New Mold)
    Wheeljack (New Mold)
    BW Inferno (Retool from TFA Waspinator, or New Mold)
    Rainmakers
    Cosmos
    Scourge (in the same vein as Cyclonus)

Voyager
    Rhinox
    Galvatron (G1, New mold or even an extensive retool of ROTF Bludgeon)
    BM Obsidian
    Armada Scavenger

Ultra+
    Repaint/Reissue of Rail Racer
    A new version of Starscream/BB, either a new mold/concept, or a repaint.
    Armada Tidal Wave (New Mold)

Commemorative G1 Reissues
    Predaking anyone?

Yeah that list is a little "Out there" and in some parts Wet dreamy for me, but whatever its MY Wish List =D

15. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Well, MP Megs is the first transformable Megatron toy with resemblance to his animation model in years, so that's good. He's probably made from that plastic as a compromise, because they resurrected the Walther p38 altmode. To Switchblade: I meant an American release of the trailer, and I am neither RIBFIR nor RIRFIB, I am RIPFIR. And Rumble has had at least one blue toy. The Masterpieces are designed and coloured for show-accuracy, and Rumble's animation model was purple.

16. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    MP:
    Wheeljack
    Rest of Dinobots
    Ultra Magnus Armor/figure combo
    Devastator
    Bee/Cliffjumper
    Arcee
    Jazz

Classics: