Masterpiece Cheetor Color Images!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Verno, May 7, 2016.

1. AnegefalosGR

AnegefalosGR Elite Guard!

MP Cheetor is a labor of Love that's for sure. For me it's a miracle he even transforms, let alone being (mildly) successful. Even if has the robot kibble bits and the seams it really captures the essense of Cheetor's cheetah mode, and all it's expression it had in the show.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

I finally got my replacement MP Cheetor from BBTS earlier. He's definitely cool, but not without issues. The biggest issue I have with him is the loose waist in beast mode. It's a common complaint, but I really do wish they found away to hold it together better. I see there two tabs that are supposed to tab into his arm guards, but they really don't that at all. Otherwise the cheetah mode is awesome looking.

I don't really have any complaints about the robot mode. Much like Optimus its like Cheetor walked out of the TV screen, its that awesome. The transformation is a little finicky, but thats mostly due to tight his joints. I was honestly afraid that I was going to break him sometimes, but other than that its pretty simple. Actually Cheetor's transformation is very much the same as his original figure.

Overall I'm not sure witch MP I like better, Primal or Cheetor? They both do an excellent job at representing the characters in both modes. Both have cons in beast mode though; Primal can't bend his legs, and Cheetor's floppy waist is a bit annoying. I guess I like the Boss Monkey only slightly more than Spots. I think Optimus is a little more fun to transform, while Cheetor has me sweating bullets in fear of breaking something. I do like how Cheetor's paint doesn't appear to be as fragile as Primal's though, so thats definitely nice.

Bring on Dinobot.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, in all that "super clear" hi-res macro photography, the pictures show him being, like, double the size of the actual toy, so that definitely blows up all those tiny little details for easy scrutinizing.

4. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

In-hand the pixelized paint makes it hard to look at (I mean physically hard, not aesthetically displeasing, I love how it looks,) almost like it's a real life blur effect refecting how the cgi looked when it moved. It's a really cool illusion if you suspend disbelief.

Or, I could just have terrible eyesight lmao. (I do.)

• Like Like x 2
  5. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

My MP Cheetor arrived with two 'smile' faces and no 'surprised' faces. Anyone out there get the opposite who could trade with me?
    (I don't have a lot of confidence in Nippon-Yasan fixing it for me)

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Got mine in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looking forward to replacing Dinobot soon.

• Like Like x 3
  7. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

So I asked this way back when, but didn't get any responses.

What's everyone's take on having these BW MP's made in their Season 1 incarnation? In other words, the Transmetal versions of the characters are what really dominated the series.....are we looking forward to those as well?

8. Primus1998

Primus1998 "Say hi to Joker for me." - Red Hood.

Well I like that they are doing it in order of season and starting of with the main protagonist then the others.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They didn't really, though. Optimus' season 1 body had literally twice the amount of screen time either of his other bodies did, likewise Cheetor's season 1 body beats out the other two. Rattrap's half-and-half, and Rhinox and Dinobot never got Transmetal bodies.

If anything the non-Transmetals dominated.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  10. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Yeah?

Hmmmm, I must have calculated incorrectly in my noggin'.

11. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

To say the transmetal forms dominated isn't really accurate. In terms of episode count the best you could claim for is a draw for screen time and even that would only apply to Rattrap and Tarantulus as only they remained in their first TM forms till the end. Sorry to nitpick.

As for the question, I'm glad we're getting season 1 first. I mean, if you're gonna start something, start at the beginning. Those are my favourite designs for the most part as well and the ones imbued with the most nostalgia. Obviously I want the transmetal only characters like Rampage and Depth Charge too but hopefully we'll see them down the line. Seeing as TT have started with season one I hope they continue with it and complete the full cast before moving on seasons two and three designs.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Admittedly I'd prefer Transmetal Rattrap and Cheetor over the regular versions, but if they work their way up I'm fine with waiting. I'd just like to see some Predacons. Takara has a habit of doing very few Villains. The only reason we have gotten as many MP decepticons as we have is they can just slightly modify or recolor the seeker mold.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Well think of it this way, season 1 was as long as seasons two and three combined, and not everyone kept the same Transmetal form to the end. So at least the season 1 bodies were 50% of everyone's screen time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    You did ask before and you were corrected before, did you not read those responses? The transmetal bodies did not dominate the series, the season one bodies did. Rhinox, Inferno and Waspinator (and Scorponok and Terrorsaur for that matter) never left those bodies and the rest of the cast spent more time in them than in any other body.

Anyway as I said at the time "Personally I think overall the season 1 designs were the best and I'm glad they've gone with them. It's the obvious choice, on a whole they are the most iconic they all spent the majority of the show in them(some characters never left them). I have some love for a number of Transmetal designs and sure I'd love to see them in Masterpiece further down the line but to start with season 1 is the obvious and right choice. Just think about G1, imagine if they'd skipped right to Powermaster Prime and Goldbug!"

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  15. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I hope they announce a Toy-accurate version with a Mutant Face soon. If it definitely becomes a trend I'll prorder the Optimus Primal, but I don't want to risk him being a one-off.

16. treize0

treize0 80s kid stuck in an old man's body. Let me out!

Sorry for contributing to the derailment:

[​IMG]

Back to our regularly scheduled program:

DSC_0372X.jpg

BIG BOT HAS A BUDDY NOW!!!!! And they're not too amused by all the negativity on these boards. Time for catnip and bananas for everyone methinks.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I'm still marveling at the ingeniousness of Cheetor's weapons and their storage in both modes.

18. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So how far do you guys think Takara will take the beasts in the mp line? Could you imagine the heads that would roll if/when we eventually get beast machines masterpieces haha :D 

19. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I would love to see Masterpiece Beast Machines figures. Especially of my favorite character from the series, Jetstorm.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    The Vehicons for sure. The Maximals are even beyond Dinobot's level of cheating.

• Like Like x 1