Masterpiece Cheetor Color Images!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Verno, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Cheetor this week, Nintendo switch the next. I'm so excited.

• Like Like x 4
  2. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is gonna be an expensive year o_O 

3. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

This look really good, but I can't help but wishing they went for textured fur. I mean, it works, and it looks much better than the original Cheetor, but one of my favorite parts of the old BW toys was how insanely detailed most of the figures were and this seems like a step down in some regards. BW's animation came from a time when CGI was still pretty young, I really don't want it to be too cartoon-accurate.

4. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Was going to say the same.

I have a few SH Figuarts figures and in close-up pictures the paint on the faces looks horribly pixelated. But in hand, there's no such thing -- unless you look at them with a magnifying glass.

5. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

That's what I like about these figures, they look like they just stepped out of the t.v. .

So I want them to be as cartoon accurate as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got the kitty litter all set and ready to go.:lol 

7. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    Ughhh the wait is so long

8. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

What is the general consensus on the possibility of Transmetal MPs? As Transmetal Cheetor is still my favorite to come out of all of BW. I know let's get season 1 done or mostly done but just asking.

9. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

I'll skip all the G1 releases (except Arcee, if TT ever made her.) and sell off most of my G1 MP's, if only TakaraTomy committed to making just about all of the Beast Wars cast.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I think we would be waiting awhile for TransMetals. I still wish they would just reissue that line - it is one of the greatest.

11. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

So when will A-E get this bad boy in stock ya think?

12. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I certainly understand and respect your preference. However, show/fiction accuracy is king to me. I would vastly prefer the tampos over smooth surfaces if that's the trade off for show accuracy. You still have those old toys to appreciate as they are. Making a mishmash of show and toy elements is going to displease more than not, I think. Just look in any of the G1 MP threads.

13. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I disagree. I would say that the pre-tracks Hasui designed MPs are widely regarded as being superior in almost every way to the ones made after that point. A mixture of show nods, original toy nods, and alt mode realism makes for the better looking toy. I mean, think of Inferno: Inferno looks marvelous, but, in the interest of making him "show accurate" they went with the mind-boggling choice of giving him no tail lights. It's just silly to try and emulate old, outdated, often ugly and error-ridden animation when we could update it with modern engineering alongside old school detailing to make a true masterpiece. And again, I say that while also saying that I like this figure, it would just be so much better if it had detailed sculpting.

14. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    That's your preference though. The majority of us, seemingly want these to look like what was on screen. My point was, aesthetic matters and it's divisive. Many want cartoon, many prefer toy. You can't please them all. Pick a path and stay on it. I don't personally care about G1 MP at all any more because I don't buy it any more. I don't really see the things that seem to make everyone crazy there either, though. They look like carton guys enough to me. So what do I know?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Still no notice.

16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Darn it, it's already afternoon in Japan and no one's sending out payment requests yet.

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm actually doubting the whiskers are cast plastic at all. Looks like fishing tackle to me.

18. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

There is a very large portion of the fandom that much prefers the mixed aesthetic of MP10-MP24, and to say that the majority prefers the slavish cartoon aesthetic just isn't true, as you said yourself it is a divisive issue. From what I gather, most would like a healthy median, where it makes sense (like textures, and friggin tail lights). I love this design, I just wish it had textured fur and sculpted detail, the tampos on the smooth Cheetah skin make it look cheaper than it should. I didn't pick up MP Primal because I feel its only a sidegrade to the original, but that's more a testament to the quality of the original (the original BW Megatron is also pretty hard to top). This is a definite upgrade, much like I'm guessing Dinobot will be, it just probably won't be displayed in alt mode because of how off-putting the lack of textures are to me.

19. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    You're confusing what I'm saying to include a different audience than the BW crowd. Of course there's going to be some overlap. You not liking the tampos is your taste. No issue there. Not picking up Primal is a mistake. He's incredibly satisfying in hand. In place of the toyetic spring loaded features are more practical designs, better deco, articulation and general look and feel. The original is great. They're entirely separate animals (ugh, sorry) though. I would recommend grabbing him. One of my favorite purchases of last year. Not relevant to what we're talking about either. Still, no problem. Again you're more than welcome to your opinion. That doesn't change that many of us will prefer their show appearances instead of unnecessary textures. When I think of BW Masterpieces, both release look like they're hitting that mark.

20. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

I disagree. I think he looks fine. In fact, I think he looks..."Spot on smooth..."

TakaraTomy decided to go in the direction of cartoon accuracy instead of making a replica of a real world cheetah. And I applaud them for it. It must make their jobs even harder than they would have been if they made a mini cheetah. And I think that it would look weird, having textured fur on a masterpiece.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.