Customs: Masterpiece Bumblebee Questions

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hello there. After I've done my G1 AcidStorm repaint, I've been contemplating doing my first custom build.
    I'd like to do a 1/24 scale Volkswagen Beetle and do my first scratch-build of a Masterpiece for this figure. I don't think I've seen this done before here to resemble a true G1 figure, that transformers the same way as his G1 counterpart, but will hopefully have more articulation.
    I am thinking of using the arms and legs from a Masterpiece Skywarp, and a head from the Alternator Bumblebee.
    Any suggestions, tips, advice, etc?
    If anybody has done something like this, please post link to it. My goal is to make him look close to his G1 Minibot figure, but be more in scale with the Alternators. I imagine bolting his wheels onto his arms and his head flipping up and out his backside.
    I'm only assuming Bumblebee was in the Alternators series, and if not what head do you suggest I use from what figure? Also, what articulated hands can I use for this project? There is going to be a lot of learning curves with this.........................

2. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Bumblebee was not in the Alternators series. There is an alternity bumblebee however and he has a great head sculpt, but might be too small for your needs.

3. Tigertrack

Then which Bumblebee do you recommend? I don't care which continuity it's from, as long as it represents his G1 mold. I don't think the movie version would work at all.

4. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

Alternity, or maybe the War For Cybertron version as it has a perfect g1 bb head, but its only a deluxe so its likely to small for your needs.

5. Tigertrack

Would like one with a ball-joint application. My plan is to have the head flip up and out of the back like G1 does, but with more articulation.
    I was also thinking of the sizes. If memory serves me right, the model of the Volkswagen Beetle in 1/24 scale is pretty small. I think Masterpiece legs might be too big for it? Perhaps use legs from Classics figure? What do you recommend? I have "0" experience in this field.

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a 1966 VW bug Tamiya unassembled model kit at 1/24 (6inch body length). Nothings been assembled and I only checked out the body and it didn't meet the size I needed. 20 bucks postage and all if your interested.

As for what I would use, did you look at non Bumblebee bodies? Alternator Side Swipe would be a good one.