Masterpiece Beast Wars?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MintCondition, Apr 19, 2012.

1. MintCondition

MintCondition Well-Known Member

Just curious if anyone would ever want to see Beast Wars characters done in the Masterpiece line.

I know Beast Wars fans are in the minority, but I know there are some hardcore fans.

I know a few certain characters would make for some great MP figures, like Megatron, Dinobot, and Optimus Primal.

Just a fun discussion here. I'm sure these would never happen, but I figured it couldn't hurt to talk about it.

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't think it's that Beast Wars fans are in the minority...it's just that they are not what is "hot" right now.

Remember, the movies brought new fans of the series in the form of adults that owned the toys as kids and kids that were new to the series.

Beast Wars, as a relatively new series has had their fans "grow up". They'll probably return in about 10 more years, when another anniversary applies.

Personally, if Beast Wars figures took the limelight, I wouldn't be here, but I can appreciate the love that the fans of the series have, and I'm positive they'll get their day in the sun!

3. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yessssssss................ Indeed, beast wars masterpieces would be excellent, yessss...........

............................................... ..........................._,-~"¯¯"~-,
    .................................................. ................__„-~"¯¯:::,-~~-,_::::"-
    .................................................. ..........„~"¯::::::::::::::"::::::::::::::::::::::\
    .................................................. .__„„„-"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,
    ..........................................__-~"::,-':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::~-,
    ..........................._______~"___-~"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::: :: :::::::::::"-,
    ......................,~"::::::::::::::¯¯::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,: |
    ....................:/:::::::::::::::::__-~":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~":'\'-,:\:|:\|::\|\::\:|
    ...................,'::::::::,-~~"~"_::',::|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :: :::,~ ':\'-,::',"-\::'':"::::::::\|:|/
    ..............._,-'"~----":::/,~"¯"-:|::|::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,~"::\'-,:\;;'-';;;;;;;;;;;,-'::\::|/
    ............,-'::::::::::::::::'-\~"o¯_/::,'::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-',::\'-,:|::";;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:'-,::\
    ............|:::::::::::::::::-,_'~'::::,-'::,':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-':\'-,:\'-,';;';;;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:::'\-,|''
    ............|::,-~"::::::::::::::"~~":::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~':\'-,|:"'";;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'¯::'-,:',\|
    .........../::/::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,„-~"¯\:\'-,|;''-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'--,::\-:\:\|
    ........./::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;'-';;;;',/;\/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-,|:::\-,:|\|..\|
    ......./:::::::\:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~'''("-,\:::|\:|::''
    ......,':::::::,'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :,-'/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,--'::::::/"~'
    .....,'::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,„-~"::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::::::,'::::/
    ..../:::::::::|:::::::::::::„---~~""¯¯¯::',:::::,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,'::::::::: :: |_,-'
    ..,'::::::::::::",:,-~"¯::::::::"-,::::::::::|:::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|::::,'
    ./:::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::\:::|¯¯¯"""~-,~,_/::::::::,':::/
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_::|::\: : : : : : |: : \::::::::/:/
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::"-':::\: : : : : : |: : :\::::::\
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::: ::::\: : : : : : \: : : |:::::;;\
    ::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::::/|\ ,: : : : : : : |::::,'/|::::|
    :::::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::"-,_::::::::::\|:/|,: : : : : : : |::: |'-,/|:::|
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_::::::::::::::"~-,_:::"-,/|/\::::::::::: \::: \"-/|::|
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,__:::::::::::',"-,:::"_|/\:|\: : : : \::\":/|\|
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_:::::\:::\:::"~/_:|:|\: : : '-,\::"::,'\
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,_:'-,::\:::::::"-,|:||\,-, : '-,\:::|-'-„
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::,-,'"-:"~,:::::"/_/::|-/\--';;\:::/: ||\-,
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :/...'-,::::::"~„::::"-,/_:|:/\:/|/|/|_/:|
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: |......"-,::::::::"~-:::::""~~~"¯:::|
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: |........."-,_::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\ .............."~--„_____„„-~~"

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I would love if Beasts Wars were to get the Masterpiece treatment, but I know it will never happen. If Dinobot and Waspinator ending up in Transformers Hall of Fame with FAN SUPPORT didn't produce BW MP figures, I don't know what will. We probably could get the entire BW cast into the HoF and nothing would happen.

Soon Beast Wars will turn 20 years, I really see nothing happening. I'm expecting Hasbro to go "Thanks you BW fans for saving the Transformers line in the 90's. As a gift, here's some Bumblebee figures. Happy 20th, love Hasbro."

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I would love a masterpiece Optimal Optimus.

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Magnaboss.....mmmmgggghhh

7. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes, but... well, I think generally I'd want them to be smaller than that.

If MP-12 works out to be about Classics-sized, I'd be all for MP BW... but a 10-12" Dinobot & co. wouldn't look "right", imo.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    For most of the BW characters, no, I wouldn't want them. With Masterpiece, I want something that represents the cartoon character as accurately as possible. And organic stuff like fur is hard to capture in plastic. For some reason, I just can't imagine them doing the Masterpiece name justice unless they used real fur (yuck) or something, rather than molded plastic fur.

Maybe some Beast Machines characters, though. That, I could see.

9. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

I'd pay big money for a Masterpiece Rattrap (either regular or TM). I'd pay not quite as big money for an MP Dinobot, Blackarachnia, or Waspinator.

10. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

I'm not really a fan of Beast Wars and I would still buy MP versions of the main characters in a heartbeat.

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering $10 Beast Wars figures sold horrid a few years ago, not really a mystery about not putting out a $80+ version.

12. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be horrifying.... This makes sense in a weird way, not real fur, but that fake polyester fur... ughhhhh Hasbro would do that to us, the only beast wars toy we get for the 20th anniversary is new rattrap mold... that's actually furry...

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'd pay raging money to get a furry (real gorilla hair/fur or faux) Masterpiece Optimus Primal.

14. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

But those molds were shit. There wasn't a chance in hell that those would be popular. Put out something that actually looks decent and then make a decision on whether Beast Wars Masterpiece figures would work.

I for one would like the Transmetals/Transmetal 2s over the original forms.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Fuzzy hair or no sale.

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I don't care how many HOF Final spots put characters in. I would never touch an MP Beastwars figure. Not my thing, and there is a long list (especially with things like Sideswipe coming out) of MPs I would love to see before venturing down that path.

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'd probably vomit while trying to transform a furry TF.

18. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I'm a HUGE BW fan but even I'm not a fan of the MP-BW idea.

Give me a set of Henkei style re-imaginings of show characters that are magnificent like Henkei Dinobot and I'll be quite happy.

And get a company to finish the Hard Hero line of BW statues using the Mainframe models. I've got the Rhinox statue and he's just so lonely!

19. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would buy that in a quickness, he is my favorite from that series. I would pay for a life sized rat with actual fur, not real fur, but fo-fur or whatever you call it.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Then you're either very ill or just immature